Custom Angel Eyes For Headlight Housings

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by AcuraTLSFan
I think u misunderstood him...he was commenting on "shaHn78"
"Doesnt matter WHO came up with it, but where they end up.

Whether it be HIDs, wing door, angel eyes or whatever... if it didnt come with ur car then adding such things is rice. Esp if its ONLY FOR SHOW.

Hence angel eyes on econocar = Rice-a-roni"
It's all gravy baby.....:P I knew what he meant, my comment was being kinda sarcasitic but also geared towards whoever SLY was talkin to..... I agree with u guys too, sorry for any confusion.....
Old 12-07-2002, 02:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks great on the WRX, very creative and original process of making it!
Old 12-07-2002, 04:15 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

hahhahah... jeez i dont get on for ONE day and i get flee-infested monkeys jumping all over my back

i'm tired of the stupid debates over the word "rice" and the lifeless morons who get all defensive about it. EVERYBODY and their moms have their own definition of rice so what makes u think URs is right and MINE is wrong

But when i said "if it didnt come with ur car then adding such things is rice" it DOESNT mean that if u add an intake or new rims that ur car a rice in the making. Upgrading for performance gain is one thing but adding something which has absolutely NO BUSINESS being on ur car.......[i.e angel eyes, notoriously huge wings, altezza (sp?) lights].......... is ricey.

Dont start listing the shit u added to ur car and babble on like a fool on "oh my CT headers didnt come with the car.... is that rice now?.... so didnt my rims and piaa bulbs.... are those rice also to u now........what about my coilovers.........??" LEARN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES

The guys who call altezza lights rice wouldnt even think about labeling a car with chrome rim the same. WHY NOT? Those crappy lights are only visual just like the rims.. so why not call both rice? Just cos *U* think the rims are "pimp" doesnt make 'em OK and the lights ricey. So its all subjective then aint it?

Another synonym for RICE is "a POSER" Anyone that tries to present their car like its something better then it actually is then thats rice TO ME. Cos basically all rices ARE poser... trying to make it look like its something bigger and better but its actually NOT. Same way if i added the angel eyes on my CLS - its OBVIOUS i'm trying to make my car looks like a BMW- therefore a POSER in my opinion.... and also a.......?? (all at once class).......... thats right... a RICE. GREAT JOB!

Anyway, like i said everyone's got their own way of labeling something that is or isnt rice. So stop acting like only ur OPINION is right (esp dont put it in ur signature..hahah) and stop getting so fukin defensive about it and oh last but not least, learn to read between the lines!

Fuk cant believe i wasted my time on explaing this nonsense... i got a migraine now...... ughhhhh
Old 12-07-2002, 04:29 PM
Drifting

Looks neat...I do agree with a lot of the people who feel that the word "rice" has been used as a generic term for anything that is ugly, stupid, shouldn't have been done or what not. Funny thing is, I bet those are the same people who keep saying that people should try to stand out and be different, but the moment someone does that...those people get up on them and call it rice. There are a lot of stuff I see, I personally wouldn't do, but I do respect the effort and time they spent to try something different. It's a trial and error kind of thing. It's a fortunate thing that we own a car that isn't super popular. Imagine owning an integra or ceevic...with just springs and rim, you look EXACTLY like thousands of other people with integras or ceevics. Although some people have done some ridiculuous ugly things, that should be called ugly and not rice.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:25 PM
TRELOS

Here is a question to all that think that this is dope and agree with me that the Impreza with Devil Eyes is TIGHT!!!.

Now this guy decided to use bathroom/shower curtain bar material (what ever), as a form of fibre optic. Why didn't this guy use something like Street Glow's flexible fibre cable?

Does anyone know of other material that can be used as a form of fibre optic cable like the other guy used?

Tnx

Juker008
Old 12-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally posted by shaHn78
hahhahah... jeez i dont get on for ONE day and i get flee-infested monkeys jumping all over my back

i'm tired of the stupid debates over the word "rice" and the lifeless morons who get all defensive about it. EVERYBODY and their moms have their own definition of rice so what makes u think URs is right and MINE is wrong

But when i said "if it didnt come with ur car then adding such things is rice" it DOESNT mean that if u add an intake or new rims that ur car a rice in the making. Upgrading for performance gain is one thing but adding something which has absolutely NO BUSINESS being on ur car.......[i.e angel eyes, notoriously huge wings, altezza (sp?) lights].......... is ricey.

Dont start listing the shit u added to ur car and babble on like a fool on "oh my CT headers didnt come with the car.... is that rice now?.... so didnt my rims and piaa bulbs.... are those rice also to u now........what about my coilovers.........??" LEARN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES

The guys who call altezza lights rice wouldnt even think about labeling a car with chrome rim the same. WHY NOT? Those crappy lights are only visual just like the rims.. so why not call both rice? Just cos *U* think the rims are "pimp" doesnt make 'em OK and the lights ricey. So its all subjective then aint it?

Another synonym for RICE is "a POSER" Anyone that tries to present their car like its something better then it actually is then thats rice TO ME. Cos basically all rices ARE poser... trying to make it look like its something bigger and better but its actually NOT. Same way if i added the angel eyes on my CLS - its OBVIOUS i'm trying to make my car looks like a BMW- therefore a POSER in my opinion.... and also a.......?? (all at once class).......... thats right... a RICE. GREAT JOB!

Anyway, like i said everyone's got their own way of labeling something that is or isnt rice. So stop acting like only ur OPINION is right (esp dont put it in ur signature..hahah) and stop getting so fukin defensive about it and oh last but not least, learn to read between the lines!

Fuk cant believe i wasted my time on explaing this nonsense... i got a migraine now...... ughhhhh

So ur saying ANything that doesnt give u any performance gain is RICE? um... i guess all the bodykits r rice.. Sema SPoiler on CLS is rice, my Piaa highbeam HID WANNABE is rice, my wannabe 03 DIY blackhousing headlight is Rice?
who said ANgle eyes only belong to BMW... I remember the first HID i ever saw was on a Lincoln Mark IV or something , then all these BMW , Acura, MBZ, lexus have HID too... so ur saying HID only belong to Domestic and all the import copied it?

i would do that angle eye to my car in a sec , well that s if i know how
Old 12-08-2002, 08:39 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

no thats NOT what i meant - u obviously didnt READ my post or didnt comprehend it

but its cool, whatever - to each his own
Old 12-08-2002, 08:55 PM
TKO
Instructor

On a CRX that thing looks gay....
Old 12-09-2002, 02:13 AM
Registered Member

You can basically use any material that will transmit light through it. Any clear or transparent is an ideal medium....glass, pastic, plexiglass, acrylic, or anything of that nature. Fiber optic cable itself...isn't a good medium because it only emits light at the end of the cables....the only way you would get sufficent lighting from fiber optic cable is if u bunch a whole mess of strands together to get one big strand. But it's pretty hard to buy fiber optic cable without the cladding. Where ever you want light to shine out of u have to change the index of refraction of the material, that's why you have to "scratch" the material to let the light out.

I don't know if you mean "Street Glow HottWirez"? Hottwirez isn't really "fiber optic", it's more like Electro-Luminecent" EL...it's basically you charge the medium and it glow, like neon, but without the gas. I don't this will be as bright as the other way.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:24 AM
Pro

omg it lookz SO FUGGIN HOT on dat wRX! shiet imma tell my friend to do dat =)
Old 12-09-2002, 04:08 AM
Race Director

even if it is rice...i'd still do it if i liked it.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:06 AM
da da da

You may think it's rice, you may think it's ugly.

But c'mon, give the guy some credit. I give him major props for spending the thought, time, and creativity. And I don't think it looks bad. I'm one of the people that believe "rice" is more of an attitude then the car. Usually people with jackass attitude (aka wannabe gangsta) are more likely to put the Type-R stickers on their car.

That takes a lot more thought and effort that your average Civic driver who slaps a Vtec sticker and a a Supra wing on his car.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:46 AM
TRELOS

Originally posted by AcuraTLSFan
You can basically use any material that will transmit light through it. Any clear or transparent is an ideal medium....glass, pastic, plexiglass, acrylic, or anything of that nature. Fiber optic cable itself...isn't a good medium because it only emits light at the end of the cables....the only way you would get sufficent lighting from fiber optic cable is if u bunch a whole mess of strands together to get one big strand. But it's pretty hard to buy fiber optic cable without the cladding. Where ever you want light to shine out of u have to change the index of refraction of the material, that's why you have to "scratch" the material to let the light out.

I don't know if you mean "Street Glow HottWirez"? Hottwirez isn't really "fiber optic", it's more like Electro-Luminecent" EL...it's basically you charge the medium and it glow, like neon, but without the gas. I don't this will be as bright as the other way.

Sweet Tnx.

The material that the other guy used to make his Angel Eyes was an "acrylic" shower bar? I do like the effect that fibre optics holds. It only allows light to come out from scratched ends. That way u are given the option to tell the light from where to come out from, ei. scratching the material.

About the Street Glow HottWirez, u are probably right, it just won't be bright engough.

Tnx

Juker008