Cup Holder and Flickering Head Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 12:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cup Holder and Flickering Head Lights

I was trying to remove my cup holder tray yesterday and it seems that the flap/cover to the cup holders does not open all the way down. Anyone else have this problem? I can't remove the cup holders. Half the time I have oversized drinks that WOULD fit in the cups if the top flaps/cover would open all the way.. help !

ALSO, anyone notice their headlights at night flicker or move up and down when going over bumps and potholes? just wondering.. its annoying the hell outta me !

whew !

------------------
2001 3.2 CL-Type S Black/Ebony, Winter Package, Spoiler, 35% Tint, Polarg M6 Lamps
Ahhh, I'm in love!
Old 04-04-2001, 04:47 PM
Drifting

I've noticed my headlights bounce (as far as I know all headlights bounce), because the light is so distinctive (visible)..

------------------
Eat Safe, Use Condiments
red CL-S, non-Nav, 35% tint, M6 driving lights, M4 map and door lights
Old 04-04-2001, 07:50 PM
Fastdriver

To all-

First posting. Just leased a new 2001 CL-S San Marino Red with parchment interior and no nav a week ago today.. LOVE this car! Turned in 99 Chrysler 300M- Motor Trend Car of the Year!! LOL.... WORST car I EVER owned!

Two questions about the lights. I have my headlights set to go on when I unlock the doors. At night, while walking towards the car and hitting the unlock button on the key FOB, I notice a QUICK flicker of the lights like when a house light bulb burns out. Is this how these lights first go on? Nothing is burned out. I never had headlights like these.

Also, those little lights in the bottom of the bumper- what are they for? Decoration? They're not fog lights right? Can I replace the white bulbs down there with the yellow bulbs?

Want to get the mudguards installed too. Should I buy them from the dealer or is there an aftermarket site where I can get them cheaper. I know someone who will install them for me. I have no clue how much they cost.

Thanks. I look forward to being a member of this group.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. No nav.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=912729&a=12353397&p=45187678
Old 04-04-2001, 07:53 PM
Burning Brakes

THE HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE LIGHTS NEED A HIGH VOLTAGE CHARGE TO START, THAT IS WHY THEY FLICKER.

------------------
01 BLK/BLK CL-S, FACTORY SPOILER, K/N DROP IN
98 INFINITI I30T
99 MAXIMA SE
Old 04-04-2001, 08:06 PM
Powered By HONDA

yah that is right..the headlight bounce

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN

typescl@yahoo.com
Old 04-04-2001, 08:34 PM
Fastdriver

BSK181-

Thanks. Figured it had something to do with these fancy lights. Now, if I can just figure out how to make my Photopoint link active, I'll be all set! ;-

------------------
fastdriver
Old 04-04-2001, 11:22 PM
Fight On SC!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastdriver:
To all-

First posting. Just leased a new 2001 CL-S San Marino Red with parchment interior and no nav a week ago today.. LOVE this car! Turned in 99 Chrysler 300M- Motor Trend Car of the Year!! LOL.... WORST car I EVER owned!

Two questions about the lights. I have my headlights set to go on when I unlock the doors. At night, while walking towards the car and hitting the unlock button on the key FOB, I notice a QUICK flicker of the lights like when a house light bulb burns out. Is this how these lights first go on? Nothing is burned out. I never had headlights like these.

Also, those little lights in the bottom of the bumper- what are they for? Decoration? They're not fog lights right? Can I replace the white bulbs down there with the yellow bulbs?

Want to get the mudguards installed too. Should I buy them from the dealer or is there an aftermarket site where I can get them cheaper. I know someone who will install them for me. I have no clue how much they cost.

</font>

welcome to the forum.

superdds
Old 04-04-2001, 11:30 PM
Race Director

BSK181-

Thanks. Figured it had something to do with these fancy lights. Now, if I can just figure out how to make my Photopoint link active, I'll be all set! ;-
</font>
Do this to your link:

Fastdriver's Photos

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 04-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 04-04-2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 11:38 PM
Burning Brakes

To all-

</font>
www.ahmotor.com for factory mudguards (the only ones to get)

autocarparts.com or autosupermart.com for bulbs for the driving lights, yes you can replace them. I replaced mine with hyper whites so they match the xenon lowbeams.

------------------
Silver CL-S w/ Navi, Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, 19169, 9005
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1-S Proxes on 17X8 SSR Competition Wheels (47.2 lbs lighter than stock wheel+tire setup)
Comptech Sways
G-Tech (Full tank of gas, 60F, VSA off, SS) - 5.94 seconds
V-1 Hardwired
Old 04-05-2001, 12:35 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

I think that your cupholder is defective or not down all the way. The doors close and open with ease when the holder is in properly. Maybe a trip to the dealer is in order or a visual inspection by you to see if something is blocking the doors.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 04-05-2001, 01:24 AM
nItIn

To all-

</font>
how'd you get your lights to go one when you open the door?

------------------
2001 CL - Nighthawk Black ext: Ebony int; Coming soon: '02 TL-S Wood Steering; Tints; Aftermarket Wood Trim
Old 04-05-2001, 01:30 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leave them on, when you leave your car.

Yeah I am not kidding you after 30s they will auto-shut-off.

Unlock the doors and they are on again.

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S.
- Acura NAV.
- 3M clear bra (full front bumper, and side mirros)
- Wheels locks
- Mooonroof visor
- Splash guards
- Winter mats
- Trunk liner
- Acura Spoiler
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
Old 04-05-2001, 08:14 AM
Fastdriver

To all-

Thanks for the welcome and the answers to my lighting questions. I knew I could get help here. As for the active link to my pics, I did some changes last night. I'll see if I screwed it up or fixed it when I post this. I should know how to do this because I've done it in the LS1 forum that is set up exactly like this.

fastdriver

------------------
fastdriver

photopoint.com
Old 04-05-2001, 08:21 AM
Fastdriver

Think I got it! Made another change to my link. Let's see if this works.

------------------
fastdriver
fastdriver's car
Old 04-05-2001, 11:07 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for the suggestions and comments. Guess I"m just going to have to get used to the bouncing lights.. Grr... oh well.

As for the cup holder, yeah, I might have that looked at if I can't figure it out myself.. ALSO, I can't stand the fact that the flaps of the cup holder scratch SO easily!!! anyone notice this ??? oh well, can't be perfect I guess...

Yeah, I leave my lights on all the time since its great at night when I'm not at home, at a mall or something, and I can use my remote-kelyess switch to unlock + on the lights... "Oh,there's my baby!!"..

------------------
2001 3.2 CL-Type S Black/Ebony, Winter Package, Spoiler, 35% Tint, Polarg M6 Lamps
Ahhh, I'm in love!
Old 04-05-2001, 11:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my lights don't bounce nor jiggle!!