Cross-Drilled Rotors for CL-S...........??

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cross-Drilled Rotors for CL-S...........??

Well it's time to change my front brakes again.........since I am going to be needing new rotors, I decided to get either cross-drilled or slotted rotors (or both), instead of stock. I am not talking about the huge Brembo brake kit, because I dont have 2K lying around which I can blow on rotors.

I am not too familiar with brake products available for our cars, so..........What different applications are there? Who makes them? When can I buy them? How much $$??

I need to order them tomorrow, so I can have them installed by the weekend.......for the Bay Area CL meet! Thanx in advance for the help!
Old 02-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Banned

Brembo and Powerslot cross-drilled rotors in the rears with steel braided lines for the rears and the meet this weekend. If you can't afford that then get the stock rotors with upgraded pads till you can afford some Brembos. Two piston calipers aint shit for sport driving especially in the front

lou

By the way Comptech doesn't make the rotors they re-sell them for Powerslot. If you want to buy contact Deansbluesi in the black market he gets them cheap. They are beautiful though

Old 02-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Burning Brakes

quick silver dont get the rotors from comptech they buy them fron acura then drill them same prablem, go to auto parts dot .com ,I got mine ther last year
Old 02-17-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro

Originally posted by johntypes
quick silver dont get the rotors from comptech they buy them fron acura then drill them same prablem, go to auto parts dot .com ,I got mine ther last year
and what are you impressions...compared to stock rotors? any pics?
Old 02-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's true, i bought mine from Comptech last year. So far no problems, better stopping mostly due to the Axxis MetalMaster pads. On a long twisty run in Oregon last year we did a little test with Rolies car, his rotors were too hot to touch, mine were much cooler !! They look good too.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:48 AM
Drifting

i bought a pair of comptech rotors from dean and when i received them, they were in a powerstop box with a comptech parts label on it.

they are not acura stock parts with just a drilling. they are coated or plated with something and are gold.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
brembo makes rear cross drilled rotors? i thought they only made front?
Old 02-18-2003, 07:45 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

go to www.eurobraketech.com
they will get yuou 4 rotors for around $300.00 xdrilled and slotted.... the rotors they use are Bradi (italian racing)... if there is no rotor for your car available by Bradi, they will Xdrill and slot your stocks.. which strengthens them and gives you the same effect as big name, big $$$ rotors... also brake linesa re a must!!! everyone uses GOODRIDGE.. so buy them where they are the cheapest!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:32 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Casper98CL
go to www.eurobraketech.com
they will get yuou 4 rotors for around $300.00 xdrilled and slotted.... the rotors they use are Bradi (italian racing)... if there is no rotor for your car available by Bradi, they will Xdrill and slot your stocks.. which strengthens them and gives you the same effect as big name, big $$$ rotors... also brake linesa re a must!!! everyone uses GOODRIDGE.. so buy them where they are the cheapest!

autox dramatically accentuates the effects of what hot rotors can do to braking abilities, whether u have brake lines or not
Old 02-18-2003, 09:48 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Cross-Drilled Rotors for CL-S...........??

Check my Sig. I got KVR Cross-Drilled Cadmium plated Rotors from Tim over on TL site

somwhere around 300 Shipped for 2 Fronts I believe. That was last Summer.

Originally posted by Quick Silver
Well it's time to change my front brakes again.........since I am going to be needing new rotors, I decided to get either cross-drilled or slotted rotors (or both), instead of stock. I am not talking about the huge Brembo brake kit, because I dont have 2K lying around which I can blow on rotors.

I am not too familiar with brake products available for our cars, so..........What different applications are there? Who makes them? When can I buy them? How much $$??

I need to order them tomorrow, so I can have them installed by the weekend.......for the Bay Area CL meet! Thanx in advance for the help!
Old 02-18-2003, 09:52 AM
Intermediate

Are the Comptech rotors same as the ACP rotors?
Old 02-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Banned

I got a better hook up from LA, Quiksilver. I'll give you there number later. Go call John and check his out. If you like, the are a lot cheaper than KVRs.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:11 PM
Instructor

GO TO raceconcepts.net

i got the xdrilled and slotted rotors for my tls and i am puttin them on tomorrow. 306 shipped for front and back they are hot
Old 02-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Any Lady Want One??? :-P

Go to brakewarehouse.net or acp.com. They have Cross- Drilled rotors. Brakewarehouse has Brembo rotors and ACP has custom made rotors.
I got the Cross Drilled from Tim last year. 130 for the Fronts.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Interesting. What years your Car ? I don't see a Front or Rear on raceconcepts for 01+ CL-S/TL-S ????????

Originally posted by snowdude1
GO TO raceconcepts.net

i got the xdrilled and slotted rotors for my tls and i am puttin them on tomorrow. 306 shipped for front and back they are hot
Old 02-19-2003, 06:13 AM
Pro

Thanks for all the info guys! I think i am gonna go with slotted and dimpled, rather than cross-drilled rotors. Since I drive my car hard, I dont want to take the chance of cracking the rotors. I have heard horor stories from my buddies about their rotor cracking after heavy driving!