Creamed

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creamed

I was walking to my car after school today, and there were some people around it waiting. I found out that they were getting the info of some old lady who creamed my left back side.

MY CAR WAS PArKED AND I WAS AWAY, BUT DOES INSURANCE STILL GO UP???

DO I SIMPLY GET MONEY FROM HER FOR REPAIRS OR DOES THE BODY SHOP/ACURA DIRECTLY.

IF I GET THE MONEY, IS IT LEGAL TO BUY DIFFERENT PARTS THAN THE ONES I HAD BEFORe THE ACCIDENT.

EX (5Zigen exhausts instead of stock, aftermarket rims (the OEM's got bent), or a body kit?)

OLD LADY DRIVERS
Old 11-06-2001, 07:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
No. You rinsurance does not go up since it was not your fault.

If you bring your car to Acura, insurance will cut the check to them. That is how they did it with my car.

The bummer is that now the car is not accident free. They really screw you when you trade. When I took my car in for a trade, the Sales Manager knew exactly what was replaced without even asking me.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:53 PM
Banned

so is it illegal to buy different parts? so if my rims got stolen or something could i go buy some different ones? :P
Old 11-06-2001, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by badazztl
so is it illegal to buy different parts? so if my rims got stolen or something could i go buy some different ones? :P
nothing is 'illegal' your money your car you get what you want, unless it leased.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Plus alot of aftermarket parts are cheaper than OEM parts.

ex alot of rims are less than 250 per rim vs our stock ones, You'll probably take to dealer or a body shop to get an estimate on 'oem' replacements then when your insurance send you money you do what ever w/ it. I know some people just don't fix there cars and just use the insurance money.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS

nothing is 'illegal' your money your car you get what you want, unless it leased.
aaight!
Old 11-06-2001, 08:56 PM
Banned

NICE

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT...BODY KIT, ENKEI ENZOS, 5 ZIGEN EXHAUSTS
HERE I COME
Old 11-06-2001, 09:03 PM
tre
Racer

yes steal money from someone's grandma.. unless she was driving a benz or jag etc... i wouldnt do that.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:18 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

I used my accident/repairs as an oppurtunity to replace the Stock Exhaust mufflers. Told the shop to send back the OEM ones and I picked up the HKS Dragers at the difference in price (OEM's are 190 a piece, 380 total)...
Old 11-07-2001, 04:57 PM
Banned

Re: Creamed

Originally posted by mrnokio
I was walking to my car after school today, and there were some people around it waiting. I found out that they were getting the info of some old lady who creamed my left back side.

MY CAR WAS PArKED AND I WAS AWAY, BUT DOES INSURANCE STILL GO UP???

DO I SIMPLY GET MONEY FROM HER FOR REPAIRS OR DOES THE BODY SHOP/ACURA DIRECTLY.

IF I GET THE MONEY, IS IT LEGAL TO BUY DIFFERENT PARTS THAN THE ONES I HAD BEFORe THE ACCIDENT.

EX (5Zigen exhausts instead of stock, aftermarket rims (the OEM's got bent), or a body kit?)

OLD LADY DRIVERS
1) No, your insurance won't go up...but it will be noted by the insurance company that you are accident-prone( ie. you attract accidents even if you don't cause them, an indicator of aggressive driving.)
2) If you deal with insurance, they will give the money to the body shop.
3) You can buy any part you want....of course, you want your car back to almost new, but you can also add aftermarket parts for factory parts....which is usually cheaper...thus, allowing you to add more things to your car...
Old 11-07-2001, 05:51 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by tre
yes steal money from someone's grandma.. unless she was driving a benz or jag etc... i wouldnt do that.
What are you talking about? What someone does or doesn't do with what they collect for insurance doesn't have anything to do with if a "grandmother" is involved or not, it sure as hell is not stealing!
Old 11-07-2001, 07:35 PM
TL-S "Auto" Pilot

Originally posted by Eggplant-EX
The bummer is that now the car is not accident free. They really screw you when you trade. When I took my car in for a trade, the Sales Manager knew exactly what was replaced without even asking me.
It can be difficult but, you can try to get the insurance to pay for the vehicles "diminished value" due to the accident. Here is some more information from the insurance industries standpoint.

Insure.com "Diminished Value"

Interesting reading...