Crazy Jeep 4.0L driver today in Austin, TX! (road rage)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002 | 06:41 PM
Banned

Crazy Jeep 4.0L driver today in Austin, TX! (road rage)

So I just went to the body shop to check my car out...it's in the shop after the wreck...I'm coming home down 183 south...and I'm in the far left of 3 lanes...it's 5:00PM traffic...so we're all going 40-50 mph max. I see out of my right mirror this old style 4.0L Jeep Cherokee, dirty brownish...who's tailing me really bigtime. The guy in there looks like a cross between a skinhead and a surfer (if you've ever seen the movie Contact, with Jodie Foster, he looks like the crazy christian terrorist, but with a buzz cut)...and has stuff hanging from his rearview mirror. So I can't go any faster, there's traffic in front of me (you all know I would otherwise) so I watch as every time his lane (the middle one) slows down he swerves into my lane...no signal...and when the middle lane speeds back up he swerves back.

Now I don't know about you guys...but whether you are a Jeep...or the BMW M3 I was wishing bad things on during the same trip if you don't use your signals you are totally retarded. I would stop traffic if I could to screw those guys up.

Anyway...so I finally break free of the traffic...floor it (mind you Mazda 626 loaner) and get on the onramp to 35 S. I notice he didn't look like he was originally intending to go but he swerves over 3 lanes and gets behind me...I'm not all that worried...whatever...road rage doesn't scare me...it's happened too many times for me to be scared.

So we merge onto the highway and we're in the far right lane...he's about 100 ft behind me...I see him floor it and start coming up on me fast so I wait for awhile until he gets up real close (to what looked like the point of no return he's going to ram me) and (signaled) and pulled over to the next lane over. He blows by me...tries to slow down...doesn't...and gets lost in traffic ahead of me. I can tell he wants to get back by me.

Still cruising down the highway, he's about 200 ft. in front of me in traffic...now we're up to about 65 (the flow of traffic is). Up ahead the highway splits in two, stacked. So I'm in the 2nd lane from the left (of 4) and he's in the far right. He notices I'm going to be going down the lower section...so he swerves in front of a car in the next left lane...they honk at him...and he crosses the white lines right before the highway splits to get on my section (he almost hit it). If that wasn't enough...he notices I'm turning off and does the same. Okay, I'm really REALLY tired of this so the side road we're on has a stoplight which turns red. I get right behind him, dial 911, report this crazy bastard driving down the highway almost killing people and me, is right at 32nd. They said there's a car right by who'll pull him over and I stay on the phone for a minute with them, let him pass my turn off, then turn off so he's gone. And the operator tells me they pulled the bastard over . Geez...I hate road ragers...I mean...c'mon now guys...you just don't get all your frustration out at home or something?

By the way...if anyone wants to look it up it was, again, an old body 4.0L Jeep Cherokee...Texas licecse plate P70-MYY.

Austin519
Old 05-14-2002 | 06:53 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Great!.... I hate those aggressive road fookers, who thinks that it's okay to drive insane just to piss you off!
Old 05-14-2002 | 10:28 PM
Pro

Re: Crazy Jeep 4.0L driver today in Austin, TX! (road rage)

Originally posted by Austin519

By the way...if anyone wants to look it up it was, again, an old body 4.0L Jeep Cherokee...Texas licecse plate P70-MYY.

Austin519
You sure about that plate ?

I just did a search at www.publicdata.com and got zilch
Old 05-16-2002 | 06:10 PM
im back

you should've locked up your breaks, gotten rear ended and gone....ow my neck, and then you'll own half his shit