Comptech Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 04:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it seems to me that people are really mixed as to the whole SC issue. IMO, if a person wants it they will buy it. However, if MORE people want it, and with some negotiating, maybe just maybe the pricing can be adjusted......how about it Mike from Comptech?????
Old 06-30-2001, 06:47 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is why I am considering going the Looks route instead of the Performance route with my car now.

There's no point to dropping tons of money on the CL. I would have just gotten a Camaro SS and modded that if I wanted to kick (almost) everyone's ass on the street.

-J
Old 06-30-2001, 06:50 PM
Banned

You put that custom turbo in and see how long your motor lasts.
Originally posted by [VTEC]TL:
<STRONG>I see the Comptech Supercharger as being overpriced. We can have a custom turbo done prob. for cheaper than that. I'd rather go the turbo route than supercharging anyway.</STRONG>
Old 06-30-2001, 06:53 PM
Banned

Well the first reason for getting the SC..is that i would beat the crap out of a 99 M3...which BTW isn't high on the luxury aspect of cars. Not to mention it would probably..hang with a new M3...including the handling...(although I must admit...the car would be plowing everywhere...but better tires and some suspension upgrades..and you can tail the M3.. )So, therefore, your comment about the buying an M3 is a moot point.
Originally posted by ATLCL-S:
<STRONG>
I would have to agree with that..Why would you spend $5000+(500-800 for install) for a SC, $1000 for headers, Springs, sways, tires, and so on, all on a CL.Which after the price of the car brings the total around $38,000-40,000..You could have bought a 99 M3 for that much!! And not have to worry if the tranny will even hold up..I'm not saying anything bad about the CL, I just don't feel that the car was made for this kinda of stuff, and to me i don't see spending all that money when you could have bought a different car that would more suit the way you want the car to be. This is just my 2 cents, so don't get mad at me if you feel differently..Everyone has their own reasons.

[ 06-30-2001: Message edited by: ATLCL-S ]</STRONG>
Old 06-30-2001, 07:26 PM
Drifting

I dont think a modded CL-S can "tail" an M3 when it comes to handling. M3's handle great (even the new one) What would be the difference between a custom turbo, and a kit? Nothing. As long as you watch your boost you would be ok. I would prefer the supercharger over the turbo for a couple of reasons. The supercharger has torque on the bottom end. I dont have to worry about my engine bay being as hot as a turbo setup would be. If you stick with 6-8psi turbo or supercharger you would be ok. Transmission is another thing.

Spiro

Originally posted by moomaster_99:
<STRONG>Well the first reason for getting the SC..is that i would beat the crap out of a 99 M3...which BTW isn't high on the luxury aspect of cars. Not to mention it would probably..hang with a new M3...including the handling...(although I must admit...the car would be plowing everywhere...but better tires and some suspension upgrades..and you can tail the M3.. )So, therefore, your comment about the buying an M3 is a moot point.
</STRONG>
Old 07-03-2001, 03:27 PM
Banned

If I can tail an ITR...I can tail an M3...although it was kinda tough following the ITR...
But the one major thing that works to out disadvantage is the size of the car...remember...the car is as big as 5-series..
Originally posted by spiroh:
<STRONG>I dont think a modded CL-S can "tail" an M3 when it comes to handling. M3's handle great (even the new one) What would be the difference between a custom turbo, and a kit? Nothing. As long as you watch your boost you would be ok. I would prefer the supercharger over the turbo for a couple of reasons. The supercharger has torque on the bottom end. I dont have to worry about my engine bay being as hot as a turbo setup would be. If you stick with 6-8psi turbo or supercharger you would be ok. Transmission is another thing.

Spiro

</STRONG>