Comptech headers are in and Im going to the track and dyno.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech headers are in and Im going to the track and dyno.

First off I want to thank Scooter for introducing me to the coolest member on the forum and has IMHO the hottest CL-S 6 speed in the forum.....TITAN19

Install was pain in the ass working in the conditions that we had like 35 degree weather and the car lifted only like a foot off the floor with car stands. It took us about 4 to 5 hours to install and like an hour went just looking for one of the front screws that fell down and was impossible to find. I personally wanted to quit after the 4th hour but not Titan19 he just kept going with such enormous energy. I think he should be doing this for a living cause he is great at it and he loves it to death

Once installed me and Titan19 with another cool guy took it out for a ride and my immediate impression was that it felt the same. Could of been that the weight in the trunk and the 3 people in the car slowed my car down. Funniest thing happen as I was test driving it....I lowered my window cause the windows were fogging up and I didn't want to put the a/C on cause it would of slowed my car down=....well anyways as I'm making the turn we hear like a rock hit the bottom of the car and Titan19 friend (sorry dude I forget his name) says yo thats probably the screw which made me think what the heck so we busted the double U turns and I soon as I get out of the car the screw was sitting in the middle of the road. this was the screw that took me on hour looking for it but couldn't find it.

as far as the strut bar I lost 2 screw so we were not able to put it on and on the ride home my car was all over the place. The bar for some reason wasn't fitting correctly did anybody have the same problem.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Pro

It's a good thing you have friends. With out them, your car would fall apart because you lost all of the screws.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Bro, reset your ecu, and get the car going in the upper RPM's, then you'll feel it. I just noticed that before the ecu reset, my car had gobbs of torque down low, but nothing up top. Now it has everything up top and feels almos stock down low. weird. But I am happy. Also, don't gauge your car's performance off of other cars of different makes and models, With all those mods you have now, you might have reached your "mod threshold" and supercharging might be the last thing you can invest in. plus, there are too many factors against our cars being all about speed such as curb weight, which is a bitch for us.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Banned

Rondog don't get me wrong the car right now can obliterate the speed limit with greatest of ease last night I was doing 125 MPH in 4th gear and the car kept pulling hard. There is no question the car can do 0-100 pretty damn quick. I'll see what resetting the ECU will do I will try to install the strut bar with the remaining screw left also was heading to the track today but it seems they are doing the 1/8 mile only
Old 03-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Lou.. As I mentioned in a previous thread, my friend from Flushing is getting a Touring 350Z in Automatic.

We should meet up one day and see how the Auto Z compares to your modded CLS as well as a run against my 6-speed Z - All for fun...

He is getting it in about 2 weeks, and it will probably be a week or 2 before it's broken in, but I think it would be a good race - A stock auto Z ran a 14.4, which is what my CLS ran with I/H.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:39 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so you didnt notice any gains yet lou??
Old 03-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My neighbor and I just installed my headers this morning. I love em! The first sign of power was when I was just cruising at 40 and punched it... there was a lot more torque steer, nothing real bad, I just wasn't expecting it. The car revs much faster! And so far... no "resonance".

My neighbor is a mechanic, so he add air tools and a compressor in his garage that was very helpful. We put them in in 1.5 hours. I couldn't believe it went so fast.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Sweet as Gold

Yo Lou , sorry I couldn't make it to Andy's but I drove around New Hyde Park for like a half an hour and then called Scooter to tell him to call u guys and tell them I won't be able to make it . Something came up w/ wifey and had to run . Hows ur tranny . It was slow that day and I helped the other tech out while installing it . I ordered my Icebox last week and they are on back order so they said it should be mailed out by next week . Can't wait . I also spoke to scooter about a diffuser install on my car soon .
Old 03-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Dany and lou.. Congrats.. just went out today did an express wash and wax...had my camera with me took few pictures... and on the HW I punch it from 65 to 110 and it pulled hard. However, since I am running blizzaks... it felt like mashmillow... So I eased from 110 down to 65...

Pics are here: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=96833
Old 03-09-2003, 07:04 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Lou's car pulls nice, and I can't wait to see the brembo's go on.