Comptech Headers / Icebox / Sways

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 10:54 AM
EVO IX MR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech Headers / Icebox / Sways

If I install C/T headers and the icebox myself will that void my warranty?? Is it voided still if the Acura dealer does it?? Also, I have been underneath the car when it was on the lift, and It already has Sway bars. Do the C/T sways relace the stock ones, or do they an add on? If they relplace, how much Advantage do they proveide. I'm not looking into lowering the car( too much $$), because I know it will never be as nimble as an Audi or a Bimmer. Does anyone have any underside pics of before/after stock Sway/ then C/T Sway install. Thanks for you your help.

2003 6-speed
Anthracite, 10,000 miles
K&N drop in

coming soon...
C/T headers, icebox.

maybe
C/T sways???
Old 03-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Re: Comptech Headers / Icebox / Sways

Originally posted by 2003type-s6
If I install C/T headers and the icebox myself will that void my warranty?? Is it voided still if the Acura dealer does it?? Also, I have been underneath the car when it was on the lift, and It already has Sway bars. Do the C/T sways relace the stock ones, or do they an add on? If they relplace, how much Advantage do they proveide. I'm not looking into lowering the car( too much $$), because I know it will never be as nimble as an Audi or a Bimmer. Does anyone have any underside pics of before/after stock Sway/ then C/T Sway install. Thanks for you your help.

2003 6-speed
Anthracite, 10,000 miles
K&N drop in

coming soon...
C/T headers, icebox.

maybe
C/T sways???
The warranty shouldn't be voided either way, however, if you have the dealer do it you'll probably have more protection against them complaining about warranty claims. There are laws to protect you from stuff like that... check out the FAQ on our site... it has some good info on mods and warranties: http://www.c-c-c.net/CustomCarCreati...qPage_Main.htm .

As for the sways, they'll replace stock and are stronger and more rigid hence better handling. Honestly, I'd lower the car as well. I've been in another CL that had just sways, whereas I have just springs, and I felt my car handled (and looked) better. Which ever route you'd go... make sure you replace the stock rubber since it sucks. That alone will improve handling.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Banned

agree with junior on this one, drop it and put sways on youll feel a huge dif. And your car will look 100x better with a drop especially if u plan on putting 18s or 19s on it.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Banned

also acura has to PROVE that these mods were a direct cause of the malfunction
Old 03-18-2004, 03:12 PM
EVO IX MR

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I want to spend the dough to drop it, as it will never be as agile as I would like it to be. I would like to pay it off first as I don't know if I will be in the Army 3 years from now. I'd rather have all go and no show. I just want to give it a little extra HP and start saving for a house or a Z06 or something.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally posted by 2003type-s6
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I want to spend the dough to drop it, as it will never be as agile as I would like it to be. I would like to pay it off first as I don't know if I will be in the Army 3 years from now. I'd rather have all go and no show. I just want to give it a little extra HP and start saving for a house or a Z06 or something.
Tischer Acura in Laurel is fully supportive of Comptech Mods for our CL. They are even more supportive about mods for the RSX (They allow the Hondata re-flash ECU).

They will have no problem covering your warranty with Comptech mods no matter who installs them.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:44 PM
EVO IX MR

Yeah, Tischer Acura is great. I have dealt with them on more than one occasion. Brandon Squibb is the man to see there. Service there was great, had some manufacturers defects taken care of, free of charge, free loaner, etc... anyway, I am in Kuwait for the next year and unfortunately won't be going back to MD.