Comptech Headers + B Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 05:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Comptech Headers + B Pipe

I WIL JUST LIKE TO KNOW IF THE COMPTECH HEADERS BY ITSELF IS ENOUGH DOES ON REALLY NEED TO DO THE B PIPE TO NOTICE THE DIFFRENCE AND WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE.

IN ADDITION IF I AM PALNNING TO GO TURBO DOWN THE LINE DOES IT MAKE A DIFFRENCE IF ONE GETS A COMPTECH HEADERS AS I KNOW THE HEADERS PLAY A MAJOR ROW IN AFETR MARKET TURBO INTAKE/BOOST.

I BELEIVE THE HEADERS ARE KIND OF REWORKED IN A TURBO SETUP
Old 03-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Relax!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before you hit headers why dont you hit the caps lock....and then hit third grade because your spelling is just silly...Just playin man. Love you

I believe the intake pieces are whats reworked for turbo, not the headers. So go ahead with the comptechs, spellcheck, and good luck with the turbo!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
The headers will give you a noticable gain without the B-pipe. I noticed a big difference after I got them. As far as I know, upgrading the rest of the exhaust system will not give you nearly as much as the headers. And if you're going to get the B-pipe, I would just get the entire cat back system. But, I'd get the headers first.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:42 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ummm if you REALLY plan on going turbo then dont get headers right now. In turbo applications the headers are altered to spin the turbo, so you'd replace the comptech's anyways.

In any case it doesnt seem like teh b-ipe offers any significant hp gain, so just get the headers and use the extra money for some new tires.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Blown LS6!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're going to stay NA, then the headers are all you'll need. They're the only NA mod you can actually feel . The B-pipe is only needed if you're looking for a deeper tone in your exhaust or you're going turbo/supercharger.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Talking

Originally Posted by 6MTpromises
Before you hit headers why dont you hit the caps lock....and then hit third grade because your spelling is just silly...Just playin man. Love you

I believe the intake pieces are whats reworked for turbo, not the headers. So go ahead with the comptechs, spellcheck, and good luck with the turbo!

thanks men, thank for the grammar . i am not a english professor and now and then i mispell words or miss keystrokes on the keyboardd. ooopppsss, i think i just did it againe. i sorry

Ok , i will got with the comptechs..................
Old 03-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
The headers will give you a noticable gain without the B-pipe. I noticed a big difference after I got them. As far as I know, upgrading the rest of the exhaust system will not give you nearly as much as the headers. And if you're going to get the B-pipe, I would just get the entire cat back system. But, I'd get the headers first.

Thanks bro 4 the info ........does the comptech headers also affect the shift change i mean like in an automatic 5at . shifts faster
Old 03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The headers on a turbo car are very different from the headers on a normally asp car. norm asp headers are only piping from the engine block to the exhaust pipes. A header on a turbo application is made up of short piping or one cast iron piece, from the block to the turbine. The turbine is driven by the exhaust gases traveling through it. From the turbine their is a single larger pipe which connects to the exhaust system. Point is that a normally asp. header would need serious metal work to make it work on a turbo application. It would be easier and cheaper to fabricate the turbo piece from scratch.

Jim
Old 03-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Your Comptech headers can be modified to work with a turbo setup.

It's best to start with a manifold design that's already fabricated than designing one from scratch. Get the Comptechs now and you can always modify them to work with a turbo.