Comptech B-pipe coming out next month??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech B-pipe coming out next month??

Just got off the phone with Comptech ordering new gaskets for my headers and they informed me that it should be out next month. He said they are already measured and that all they need to do is wield the mounts on so it should be out next month. Maybe he gave me some private info. cause I just bought Brembos from them or maybe he just wanted to get me off the phone. Just for the record you heard it here first. He did mention that there is no idea how much HP but it will be more.......all I want is 5 more HP with stock exhaust and Im sold.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Okay.. Maybe I'm a little slow, but what does a B-pipe do?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:01 PM
"BON-AHHH-KIN-BALLS"

Im just curious as to what a B-pipe is. Thanks
Old 02-25-2003, 06:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by cusdaddy
Okay.. Maybe I'm a little slow, but what does a B-pipe do?
the pipe that is between the exhaust and the catalytic converter. So if you want a cat-back exhaust you can go with Comptech b-pipe and exhaust. Now with both you should be at around 7 HP more. Catback exhaust gives more power than just the axle-back exhaust which is what is offerred now.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Gotcha.... Sounds good!

I thought our exhaust wasn't pretty free flowing. Has anyone dyno'ed a CL with a full catback exhaust? I know the Axle back give like 1-2 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Drifting

I thought they were y-pipes?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Suzuka Master

so comptech is releasing an update to their downpipe!!!

WTF

i am pissed! they sell us a 1200 header and now they pull this shit!!!!

sidemarker
Old 02-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
it's the part after the downpipe

and dean said the b-pipe would be out at the end of summer. so if the comptech guy said the end of next month, maybe it will be out in 6 months or so

so lou, you really think you'll have a quicker slip than me by the end of march? can't wait to see it
Old 02-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally posted by mattg
it's the part after the downpipe

and dean said the b-pipe would be out at the end of summer. so if the comptech guy said the end of next month, maybe it will be out in 6 months or so

so lou, you really think you'll have a quicker slip than me by the end of march? can't wait to see it
Mattg I know that a 14.3 with my Michelin A/S in 235/45 is possible which means if I used your 235/40's Im would be at your slips if not better right. I getting worried though cause my car is starting to peel too easy I don't know if its the Michelin A/S or the intake but if I take off the VSA and step on it the tires just spin like crazy. I believe traction will be my biggiest vice at the track I should of gone with the Toyos T1s like Eric L told me in 225/45 and I have no doubt your so called title would be snatched from right under your nose. Why you worried?
Old 02-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Senior Moderator

my 235/40's are for sale if you want to get those mud tires off your car

and how about a little less talk, more action.

i've already shown you what i can do w/ i/h/e/p.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

at least you'll be able to say that your car stops faster
Old 02-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Busy Living

What mods do you have Lou, besides the ice box and SSR's?
Old 02-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Safety Car

hes got the mystery mod
Old 02-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by beerknurd
What mods do you have Lou, besides the ice box and SSR's?
Comptech springs and sways
Comptech titanium bar
Comptech headers
comptech ice-box
ssr comps 17x8 14 lbs each
michelin pilot 235/45
Brembo 12.4 gran turismo brakes

pending comptech exhaust and b-pipe.

MattG I think your out gunned here buddy I think quarters up time expired
Old 02-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Senior Moderator

talk is cheap lou.

it's a good thing too, cuz you'd be in serious debt right now.

but you definately have me out gunned in the spending department :go you:

btw, i have all the go fast mods you have, plus pulleys :P
Old 02-26-2003, 12:23 AM
Banned

talk is cheap lou.

it's a good thing too, cuz you'd be in serious debt right now.

but you definately have me out gunned in the spending department :go you:

btw, i have all the go fast mods you have, plus pulleys :P
Lightweight wheels son........lightweight wheels remember you might as well stop posting that fastest N/A auto in your sig. I think this will fit better and bear with me for a second " FASTEST 2001 SILVER N/A AUTO CL-S IN PDX ON MY BLOCK " That way when I take down your 14.1999 (that you got when the 25 MPH wind hit you from behind and pushed your car past the quarter mile mark) fastest time you won't feel so
Old 02-26-2003, 12:46 AM
Senior Moderator

first of all, i've had a set of forged centerlines in my garage for 4 months now, lou.

second of all, it's 14.16 @ 99.11, 50 degrees, windless conditions, 184 ft. full interior.

are you questioning my runs?

you are the one who brought this shit up.

i though we could have a friendly rivalry.

stop being an ass.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by lou
Lightweight wheels son........lightweight wheels remember you might as well stop posting that fastest N/A auto in your sig. I think this will fit better and bear with me for a second " FASTEST 2001 SILVER N/A AUTO CL-S IN PDX ON MY BLOCK " That way when I take down your 14.1999 (that you got when the 25 MPH wind hit you from behind and pushed your car past the quarter mile mark) fastest time you won't feel so
now this is getting exciting

14.1 is pretty damn good and i think its going to be hard to beat that time!

sidemarker
Old 02-26-2003, 01:16 AM
Senior Moderator

do you know anything about timeslips, lou?

why don't you go ahead and pick this one apart. the right side.

Old 02-26-2003, 02:10 AM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

nobody's taking my crown away
:swear2:
Old 02-26-2003, 02:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
HOld up. Wasn't Comptech's whole sales pitch on the Comptech axlebacks that it wasn't worth manufacturing B Pipes since it wasn't worth the cost.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by TypeSDragoon
you fooker

Old 02-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Banned

do you know anything about timeslips, lou?

why don't you go ahead and pick this one apart. the right side.

MattG why do you find it hard to believe that my car can do equally as well if not better. I have almost everything except the pullies but I have the lightweight wheels in 17" and getting Brembos which would only benefit my runs cause it decreases unsprung weight. Do you think Im going to run a 14.5-14.6 with all my mods ?

Let me see you ran a 14.16 good time especially your RT .588 did you do any other weight reduction besides jack and spare out? You did say full interior were you running with your gas light on? Did you have your lightweight wheels on when you ran the 14.1 or 17" stock with 235/40? Did you run with racing gas or 93 octane? If you want Ill replicate same way you ran so we can see who's car is faster

Dude this is a friendly rivalry because do you really think I care what your timeslips are? Dude I wouldn't care if you had a supercharged CL-s and running 12's Im more interested in my car. I feel that my car is running good and I think that I have used the best mods on the market. There is nothing wrong with a little friendly challenge like I said do you really think I'll be running 14.5 if you think that then you must really think your car is that much faster than everybody elses.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:16 AM
im back

back on topic a b-pipe is from the header to the cat, a y pipe is from the cat to the mufflers
Old 02-26-2003, 07:38 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by lou
MattG why do you find it hard to believe that my car can do equally as well if not better.
I doubt you can do better, considering he's already the best and very few CLSes are close to his times. Plus you only got CT sport springs. His coilovers (and previous race springs and konis) are much better for reducing front-to-back flex during launch and 1-2 shift. Maybe you could block your rear springs though to counter that.

Also I don't understand why you're wasting your breath saying things like "hurrr im going to replicate everything identically to you, matt, and see if my car is faster". Hello, you have an automatical transmission and the same car and with the same mods, assuming same weather and mechanical conditions, it will perform the same. Talk about the most pointless comment ever!

Dude this is a friendly rivalry because do you really think I care what your timeslips are? Dude I wouldn't care if you had a supercharged CL-s and running 12's Im more interested in my car.
Sounds like the comment a loser would make. Shut up. :P
Old 02-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by lou
MattG why do you find it hard to believe that my car can do equally as well if not better. I have almost everything except the pullies but I have the lightweight wheels in 17" and getting Brembos which would only benefit my runs cause it decreases unsprung weight. Do you think Im going to run a 14.5-14.6 with all my mods ?

Let me see you ran a 14.16 good time especially your RT .588 did you do any other weight reduction besides jack and spare out? You did say full interior were you running with your gas light on? Did you have your lightweight wheels on when you ran the 14.1 or 17" stock with 235/40? Did you run with racing gas or 93 octane? If you want Ill replicate same way you ran so we can see who's car is faster

Dude this is a friendly rivalry because do you really think I care what your timeslips are? Dude I wouldn't care if you had a supercharged CL-s and running 12's Im more interested in my car. I feel that my car is running good and I think that I have used the best mods on the market. There is nothing wrong with a little friendly challenge like I said do you really think I'll be running 14.5 if you think that then you must really think your car is that much faster than everybody elses.
Lou

you have a GREAT set-up! but it does not promise you that you will even hit 14.1!!!!

have you ever ran your car at the track???

i have i/h/e/sways/springs/struts/shocks

ive been to the track numerous times. my best time with gas light on E 60 degree weather was 14.8!!!!!!

i believe with an automatic it has 30% driver capabilites and 70% how fast your car is!

i also believe that not there are no cars a like! some will run quicker then others and slower then others. eventhough mattg has a lot of mods i also think his car is just naturally faster then most cl-s.

sidemarker
Old 02-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Busy Living

Lou, traction will be more of an issue then HP. Mattg's 60' time is what you have to beat. perhaps he has a stiffer rear spring/shock setup that ellimnates rollback some. He has Teins, he could have them at the hardest setting, at a higher height, and tire pressure bordering explosion, that would put more weight to the front. Plus, Teins may prevent wheel hop up front with a stiffer rebound rate.

point being, your going to have to tinker with your ride and not expect 14.1 your first run.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by lou
Mattg I know that a 14.3 with my Michelin A/S in 235/45 is possible which means if I used your 235/40's Im would be at your slips if not better right. I getting worried though cause my car is starting to peel too easy I don't know if its the Michelin A/S or the intake but if I take off the VSA and step on it the tires just spin like crazy. I believe traction will be my biggiest vice at the track I should of gone with the Toyos T1s like Eric L told me in 225/45 and I have no doubt your so called title would be snatched from right under your nose. Why you worried?

Lou it's your pilot sport A/S. I hate to tell you but you are in for some rough times. Get ready for your tires to just SPIN.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
back on topic a b-pipe is from the header to the cat, a y pipe is from the cat to the mufflers
That's what I thought. If The B-pipe already comes with the headers why would they make a new one? Comptech must mean a Y pipe from the cat to the mufflers. Why they call it a B-pipe I don't know.

Anyone want to take bets on what this will cost? Knowing how Comptech pricing is.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Drifting

Hrmmm....so any ideas as to what advatanges a B-pipe would have other than the ones that come with the comptech headers?
Old 02-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Drifting

Hey u guys better watch it. I have the advantage of the cold weather over here. I've ran a best of 14.2@100, and thats with stock tires and rims.
Originally posted by lou

Old 02-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Casual Observer

I think this friendly rivalry can only be settled by lou posting a slip.

So long as mattg has proof and lou doesn't, mattg's in the lead.

No one is saying that lou can't beat mattg's times -- just that he hasn't yet beat mattg's times.

All this other stuff is just people saying that lou probably won't beat mattg's times, which is based on the fact that no one else has really gotten close N/A.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts
Some of you are just plained confused:

A-pipe = Headers
B-pipe = pipe from after catalytic converter up to the mufflers = Y-pipe (it's called y-pipe because of the split at the end on Honda's V6 lines of cars, not an official name)

You will lose low end torque and shift power upwards. So you sacrifice low end power for high rpm power. This is been done for years now on AV6 because we have a ton of catback exhaust system available. I eventually sold mine because it's just not practical for street driving. Now if Comptech is smart, they'll release one without pre-mufflers but a long inline glass-pack resonator + no crushes or minimal bends in the pipe. Take note that if they go up to 2.25" or 2.5" piping, low end power loss is even greater. I'm pondering on what this b-pipe's diameter will be if Comptech makes it.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRock
I doubt you can do better, considering he's already the best and very few CLSes are close to his times. Plus you only got CT sport springs. His coilovers (and previous race springs and konis) are much better for reducing front-to-back flex during launch and 1-2 shift. Maybe you could block your rear springs though to counter that.

Also I don't understand why you're wasting your breath saying things like "hurrr im going to replicate everything identically to you, matt, and see if my car is faster". Hello, you have an automatical transmission and the same car and with the same mods, assuming same weather and mechanical conditions, it will perform the same. Talk about the most pointless comment ever!

Talk about a pointless comment first you mention that you don't think I can beat MattG time then you say that if we have the same car and similar setup we should be running same time What exactly was your brilliant point there cause for the life of me I don't have the faintest idea.

Sounds like the comment a loser would make. Shut up. :P

You should know a thing or two about how LOSERS sound like......why don't you teach me.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:02 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by lou
first you mention that you don't think I can beat MattG time then you say that if we have the same car and similar setup we should be running same time
What's so confusing about that? At best you might equal his times with the same mods with the same conditions.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally posted by JRock
What's so confusing about that? At best you might equal his times with the same mods with the same conditions.
you are obviously breaking 14's since you know so much about time slips and can accurately almost intuitionally know which car will win any given day or time. You should take up betting on horse racing I think you can make a lot of money with that gift.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Senior Moderator

lou, i never speculated on what your car would run, and i have no doubts you will run some good times. but it's hard to say until you go out and try it.

i didn't have my new wheels when i ran those times. i was on stocks w/ kumho 235/40's, spare and jack removed, gas light on, 91 octane.

i'm glad to have a friendly rivalry.

obviously you do care what my timeslips say because that's what your shooting for.

no, i don't think my car is that much faster than everyone elses. it's a combination of mods, preparation and experience that got me down the track that quick.

i wish you the best of luck, after all, we're on the same team
Old 02-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Banned

lou, i never speculated on what your car would run, and i have no doubts you will run some good times. but it's hard to say until you go out and try it.

i didn't have my new wheels when i ran those times. i was on stocks w/ kumho 235/40's, spare and jack removed, gas light on, 91 octane.

i'm glad to have a friendly rivalry.

obviously you do care what my timeslips say because that's what your shooting for.

no, i don't think my car is that much faster than everyone elses. it's a combination of mods, preparation and experience that got me down the track that quick.

i wish you the best of luck, after all, we're on the same team
MattG I have respect for what you've accomplished since you have taken the auto to a level that some 6 speeders haven't ventured to. Im not racing against you Im racing against time..... whoa that sounded like such a cliche' but really thanks for your support and thats about it. Someone has to motivate ur lazy ass to keep getting better times and break into the 13s cause thats were I want to be. I have no doubts it will continue to cost me a fortune but hey its sorta like my goal with the car. Look wise Im happy with it but performance Im always pushing the envelope till I get bored and step into the 350 Z. I can only imagine the amount of things I can do to that car and give Porsches a run for their $$$

oh and I was only kidding you can still keep your title as the fastest N/A for now
Old 02-26-2003, 02:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Damn.. I've never seen so much smack talking without any backup. Actually, that's not totally true.. but it's been a while .

Anyway, if you guys want to talk shit back and forth... please start a new topic in the Racing Forum or PM each other. That way we can keep this thread on topic. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by Doom878
HOld up. Wasn't Comptech's whole sales pitch on the Comptech axlebacks that it wasn't worth manufacturing B Pipes since it wasn't worth the cost.
Exactly....just more of the usual Comptech

Quick Reply: Comptech B-pipe coming out next month??