Clutches. Want a clutch that will hold power and drive nice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:30 PM
THE J35A2...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Allout
50% = $750. I'm sending mine over tonight.
when can you get it? i'm sorry, maybe i should ask Mrheeltoe
Old 02-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
There's information in the TL thread also:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...56#post1660056
Old 02-16-2007, 02:42 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Hard to say right now, but should be in the 9-10 lb range.
That's awesome. Less than comptech's and the new one that just came out. (forgot who made it)
Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
I gotta wait on my Tax Refund And I'll probably be in. Maybe someone will have theirs installed by the time my return gets back and can give input on the performance.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by Cocoa
That's awesome. Less than comptech's and the new one that just came out. (forgot who made it)
Are you thinking of the one that Joes05TL is using? The SPEC clutch and pressure plate (which may be an OEM painted)?

https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/different-combos-synthetic-carnuaba-waxes-145644/
Old 02-17-2007, 02:49 AM
2600lb CL

I was thinking of the aftermarket flywheel that someone posted for $700.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=flywheel

Post #9, and it's made by UR.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:18 AM
Blown is Best

With the UR or Comptech, you're still using the OEM pressure plate. You can improve the grip with a different friction disk but do not have any increased clamping force
Old 02-17-2007, 01:51 PM
2600lb CL

I was not saying this or that was better. I was simply stating that MrHeelToe's flywheel seems lighter than comptech's and this new one UR came out with. I'm aware our biggest issue is the PP not being able to withstand higher rev drops or more than usual amount of power to the wheels.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Blown is Best

Understood.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by Allout
Deposit will be held until a proven working version is done. If a working version does not happen, MrHeeltoe will refund deposits.

Deposit is to show commitment to this project to hold one of the first 5 produced.

Here's the list of people so far. We need one more to kick this project off and then collect the deposits. Someone please jump in as #5

1. Allout
2. Paclark01
3. Ryan97812
4. SIRSIG (Rigid hub option)
We need a 5th to make this happen.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:20 PM
chillin in the desert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my clutch is in the very beginnings of "feelin kinda funny", not sure how much longer I have with it but I will be interested in buying when the time comes closer. Any idea what the install cost of this stuff is at your typical shop? Or how hard to install at home?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Racer

heel toe.. I can hook it up with the r&d version of clutchmasters in any style you want weather it be carbon blend to all out KEVLAR like mine for a lot less and its hands down a better product and I will vouch for it because its what I have in my car now. remember sachs racind development pressure plate-clutchmasters(yes thee world famous one) disk, will be heavy duty sprung or unsprung with your choice or marcel on the surface and their uncomparable aluminum super light flywheel!! you ignore me bro but the response your receiving speaks for itself, why not hook all these people up since you have the store and I have the connections to make it happen. I would not ask you if I had a store believe me but this is our community and we should all stick together.. period. well thats my 2 cents ignore me if you want and people can hit me up if they want the tried and true performance that is just better in every aspect and I will make it happen.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by cl8trr
heel toe.. I can hook it up with the r&d version of clutchmasters in any style you want weather it be carbon blend to all out KEVLAR like mine for a lot less and its hands down a better product and I will vouch for it because its what I have in my car now. remember sachs racind development pressure plate-clutchmasters(yes thee world famous one) disk, will be heavy duty sprung or unsprung with your choice or marcel on the surface and their uncomparable aluminum super light flywheel!! you ignore me bro but the response your receiving speaks for itself, why not hook all these people up since you have the store and I have the connections to make it happen. I would not ask you if I had a store believe me but this is our community and we should all stick together.. period. well thats my 2 cents ignore me if you want and people can hit me up if they want the tried and true performance that is just better in every aspect and I will make it happen.

Man, I already have a clutch deal going. Why are you trying to push something else on me? The system we have worked out is just what the doctor ordered. I am not interested in just 'selling something' for cheaper. I want to make sure the product is the best possible. I alreayd have a clutch supplier. I don't think I need another one now.

The response here is a little inexplicable. I have no idea why we are getting such lackluster response. I don't think it is the price, and I don't think it is the brand. I don't know what it is. Nobody has anything to say about it! All I can think is that not that many people are really all that interested in an upgrade!

Marcus
Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Hardly the case. I'm just weary that I may be taking a hit on near 2k if this unproven product fails. I'm hopeful that someone that is heavily modded does receive this and gives a review afterwards then being the guinea pig.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
Hardly the case. I'm just weary that I may be taking a hit on near 2k if this unproven product fails. I'm hopeful that someone that is heavily modded does receive this and gives a review afterwards then being the guinea pig.
my suggestion sirSig is not!!! to get the unsprung disk because the flywheel is also solid and as a result the MARCEL a.k.a. (cushion) is almost zero when using a quality clutch face compound. the internals in the 6speeds cannot take that abuse and your syncs. will fail within at most a couple thousand miles!! heeltoe will try to sell you the rigid disk without proper R&d and its gonna cost you big when you go look for another 6 speed tranny. if hes claiming that slippage is still possible its because low quality materials are being used. in actuallity our stock clutches are more than fine if you want to stick with a carbon face, thats why honda chose it!! and as soon as you switch to a better face material you will automatically lose the shifting comfort of a non aftermarket clutch and will attain "shudder", no ands ifs or butts about it!! any automotive pro. will tell you that. but if your gonna do something as serious as a aftermarket cluth you better ask all the right questions and ask for second opinions from honest knowledgeable people, the salesman will try to make the product sound delicious but ask yourself if its worth it to do a little research and if you should actually be buying from someone who has NOT?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Racer

Man, I already have a clutch deal going. Why are you trying to push something else on me? The system we have worked out is just what the doctor ordered. I am not interested in just 'selling something' for cheaper. I want to make sure the product is the best possible. I alreayd have a clutch supplier. I don't think I need another one now.

The response here is a little inexplicable. I have no idea why we are getting such lackluster response. I don't think it is the price, and I don't think it is the brand. I don't know what it is. Nobody has anything to say about it! All I can think is that not that many people are really all that interested in an upgrade!

Marcus
and marcus its not about selling just something! its something that has the r&d to back it up. your gonna tell me clutchmasters sells just another clutch?come on bro', you know better than that so does your builder.. im just telling you because I had..correction..have!! a cl-s that was used for development and research of this product as it should be done not just look at the stock and the overall dimensions and it should work? wrong buddy!!! we have shift sensors that are on our tranny casings that pick up on certain rpms and distances from the flywheel-pressure plate, and when you sell this product you supposively co-developed and peoples reverse and 3rd gear go out and even worse all the syncs start failing and their trannys eat shit you aint gonna pay for it right? just my but who cares right we own acuras and are made of money by the way if you or someone on the site wants it said by a industry pro. i know more than a few big names here in cali that I will take you to or you can meet me in palmdale or irwindale on race night because they are usually with me anyways and hear it from the horses mouth....
Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 PM
I Heart 6 Gears.

I need a clutch so badly when I rip from 1st to 2nd my car just revvs and goes nowhere.. its really starting to piss me off.. i just dont wanna drop that money on this and it starts slipping eventually.

POINT IS... if Im going to spend the money on this I want to be assured that I can actually drive my car VERY HARD and never see any slipping..
Old 02-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Racer

go with proven products that have the research bro. I did and I love mine
Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Marcus

People are being nice. I've watched this thread for a while and others have spoken up about the product that hasn't been produced and it's reliability. The problem with this is there is no working unit and people aren't satified with " it will work" . The amount of money you want for this seems high and put that with the cost of the install on a clutch that hasn't seen any R&D and people will be cautious.

We don't really need an R&D car...

I am sure you have read comments about the Comptech flywheel...all those comments are going to be pretty similar here, except add the ability to hold power!

Marcus
Comptech built there flywheel and tested it on a CL before offering it to the public. That's a pretty strong statement on a product that you haven't even made.

I would be in for one, but I'll wait for the results or competition clutch, whichever comes first.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ThinJim
People are being nice. I've watched this thread for a while and others have spoken up about the product that hasn't been produced and it's reliability. The problem with this is there is no working unit and people aren't satified with " it will work" . The amount of money you want for this seems high and put that with the cost of the install on a clutch that hasn't seen any R&D and people will be cautious.

Comptech built there flywheel and tested it on a CL before offering it to the public. That's a pretty strong statement on a product that you haven't even made.

I would be in for one, but I'll wait for the results or competition clutch, whichever comes first.
THIN JIM dont get mad but I only speak the truth and look out for you and everybody else on here. period! if heeltoe dont like it oh well. Im not gonna say hes a thief or is greedy because he does sell some products at great prices but the detail and precision that is required for our clutch is immense! we do not have simple trannys like civics or stangs, our trannys work in sync with our computer and if all is not precise your reverse locks as well as 3rd and your syncs will be destroyed faster than a pair of cheap shoes!! I have heard rumors about banning me because I speak up for us but I know its whats right and I think everyone on this sight has the freedom of being informed and also in informing one another. and if anybody feels otherwiser then they need not listen to my advise or the advise of any other auto-nut that has not only experience but proof to defend his claims.. heeltoes set-up is untested and I can just about bet the farm that it will have major issues with it.. please feel free to comment
Old 02-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cl8trr
THIN JIM dont get mad but I only speak the truth and look out for you and everybody else on here. period! if heeltoe dont like it oh well. Im not gonna say hes a thief or is greedy because he does sell some products at great prices but the detail and precision that is required for our clutch is immense! we do not have simple trannys like civics or stangs, our trannys work in sync with our computer and if all is not precise your reverse locks as well as 3rd and your syncs will be destroyed faster than a pair of cheap shoes!! I have heard rumors about banning me because I speak up for us but I know its whats right and I think everyone on this sight has the freedom of being informed and also in informing one another. and if anybody feels otherwiser then they need not listen to my advise or the advise of any other auto-nut that has not only experience but proof to defend his claims.. heeltoes set-up is untested and I can just about bet the farm that it will have major issues with it.. please feel free to comment
by the way the set-up I wanted to hook everybody up with was tested on my cl-s while turbo was on and now that its mostly back to stock. sorry heeltoe, I really am, I dont wanna step on your toes partner but you need to urge your maker to do some r&d before you have a lot of pissed of people with broken trannys!! and worst of all you have a shop out in O.C. (lake forest) where they can go personally find you! if you want that risk by all means be my guest, and I wanted to help you out not push a tested product on you. you would have still made a fair amount of money, maybe not the numbers your gonna see with your setup but at least you would have the peace of mind in knowing people are actually gonna get a great researched product for what might be their only form of transportation. and I told you I did NOT want a penny of profit just to hook people up bro. I have all the money that I need and dont need to screw people on my acura site. and by the way thanks for the negative feedback and trying to get me banned
Old 03-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice, i hope to c more of this....
Is this for 6 speeds only since i have a auto tragic....
Old 03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
5th Gear

Hmm, I'm in need of a new clutch assembly. Whats the deal with this? Mine completely shit the bed already, so if there is still R&D or wait times than I guess I am SOL.

What about cl8ttr's setup? Price, specs, etc? I'm in SoCal and need this ASAP. Would PM, but this fan-fucking-tastic bb software won't let me
Old 12-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Bump????Anyone interested in trying again?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Just saw this thread, and I am really interested. Just took out a loan tho to get these new wheels and products produced. Do you still need one more participant? or did you refund the previous 4 deposits?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

I need 5 people. I only got one before, and when nobody else manned up he sadly backed out. So we need to start all over again.

Marcus
Old 02-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

WOW, i wonder what happened to this GB or post.
Nothing since then, thats crazy pending the amount of time that has passed. I feel what my MAN cl8trr was saying.

He has no reason to bad mouth anybody.
However I will like to know what has happened to this Group buy and pointers that wud help pple seeking to get a similar PP/clutch that will work WELL in a high boosted CL-S.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Originally Posted by poisx7
WOW, i wonder what happened to this GB or post.
Nothing since then, thats crazy pending the amount of time that has passed. I feel what my MAN cl8trr was saying.

He has no reason to bad mouth anybody.
However I will like to know what has happened to this Group buy and pointers that wud help pple seeking to get a similar PP/clutch that will work WELL in a high boosted CL-S.
My Clutch just took a crap on me and I'm spending 1,600 on an OEM Clutch, PP, Flywheel, etc. I definately wanted to look into upgrading but it seems no one has really effectively used upgraded components with complete satisfaction.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JayT
My Clutch just took a crap on me and I'm spending 1,600 on an OEM Clutch, PP, Flywheel, etc. I definately wanted to look into upgrading but it seems no one has really effectively used upgraded components with complete satisfaction.
Now that requires an answer.
I AM sure there are a few that have done it, and that are happy with the results,
NOW Not many ppl ...but i am pretty sure there a ppl that have done this.

Plus initially there were only a few choices (and few heavily modified cars here, HBP/Turbos)when the car was still new but its beign 5 yrs plus and a Lot of others have picked up where others left on. new products, nore R & D trials and just more time so...ppl that hv done this..

They just need to spread the info and let others know abt it........

Last edited by poisx7; 02-02-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Now that requires an answer.
I AM sure there are a few that have done it, and that are happy with the results,
NOW Not many ppl ...but i am pretty sure there a ppl that have done this.

Plus initially there were only a few choices (and few heavily modified cars here, HBP/Turbos)when the car was still new but its beign 5 yrs plus and a Lot of others have picked up where others left on. new products, nore R & D trials and just more time so...ppl that hv done this..

They just need to spread the info and let others know abt it........

yes I know there are a handful that have and the ones that have, went with clutchmasters... in any case I'm already going OEM and bypassing my clutch damper. I'm N/A lightly modded so it should suffice
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Instructor

good thing this topic came up..im in need of a clutch...i have a Spec stage 4 or 5..lol cant remember and its slipping...i wonder what happened with the OP...so far im thinking of going with clutch masters
Old 02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

so its clutch masters for the win, but in what combos with the OEM Clutch, PP, Flywheel(since OEM is dual mass),
what do u guys keep oem or in what combos.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Instructor

so its clutch masters for the win, but in what combos with the OEM Clutch, PP, Flywheel(since OEM is dual mass),
get flywheel and clutch combo..that what i did wrong with the Spec, i just baught the flywheel.....from my experieance the dual mass kills the aftermarket perfromance clutches
Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,353 Likes on 4,915 Posts
I dont believe you can use the Clutchmasters clutch without their flywheel.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
OHH OK
Old 03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
GroundeDCustoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
has anyone personally done a clutch job on thier own?? do u really need th especial tools to pull and replace clutch?? any info,or links would be appreciated.
2003 cl type s 6 speed.. slippping clutch
Old 03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Former Sponsor

I did have a few people report they are getting inconsistent performance and engagement with the CM setup so we are going to look at this project again.

We are looking at deleting the dual mass with an aluminum fly but retaining the oem style pressure plate (self adjusting style).

Some people get concerned with the durability of the self adjusting pressure plates. We know they are strong enough to withstand over 400 ft-lbs so we are not concerned about selling them to modded, even boosted, J-series customers!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,353 Likes on 4,915 Posts
Hmmmm. I was probably going to get the CM kit when I needed to replace the clutch. Where have you been hearing these issues?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hmmmm. I was probably going to get the CM kit when I needed to replace the clutch. Where have you been hearing these issues?
YAHH, I ALSO will be interested in knowing abt the issues with CM.
cl8trr shud also chime in here, I think.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
wut.

I did have a few people report they are getting inconsistent performance and engagement with the CM setup so we are going to look at this project again.

We are looking at deleting the dual mass with an aluminum fly but retaining the oem style pressure plate (self adjusting style).

Some people get concerned with the durability of the self adjusting pressure plates. We know they are strong enough to withstand over 400 ft-lbs so we are not concerned about selling them to modded, even boosted, J-series customers!
How would the aluminum fly work with the UR SC Pulley? I remember there were complications between the Comptech Aluminum Fly and the pulley. I wasn't exactly sure what the case was. But if you get this going, I'll definitely get one when I get started on my 6 speed swap.

Quick Reply: Clutches. Want a clutch that will hold power and drive nice?