Clunking noise front end of the car....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 05:16 PM
go go go go go

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clunking noise front end of the car....

HELP PLease. dealer will take off my eibach swaybar and put the factory bar back on to see if the noise go away. Why would the eibach sways clunk in the front of the car?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Instructor

what kind of header do you have? I have similar problem on my car, and I am pretty sure it comes from the OBX header.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think the comptech headers are the problem.
I had a clunking noise in the front of my car when I would be going slower than 20mph and it turned out to be the sub-frame bolts were loose. Another member who is a technician at a dealership says this is a "common" problem with this as the answer.

I would look into re-tightening the sub-frame first, or you can swap the sways yourself since I have heard it is a simple job, just time consuming.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:05 PM
go go go go go

clunking noise

Also I can repeat the noise if I turn the steering wheel from left to right, right to left. It makes that clunking noise when the car is parked, I can just turn the wheel and hear it pop.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Do you still have your stock tie end bar on with the Neuspeed bar? If so, the Neuspeed bar may be rubbing against the stock bar during upward suspension movement. Do you notice the clunk from the area of the suspension tower (like a foot or so in front of the dashboard) when your tires lift up, say over a decent bump in the road? My clunk seemed like it was about a foot or so in front of the right of my instrument cluster. Try sliding a piece of paper between the two rods -- it should slide easily. Mine grabbed near the driver side tower -- just in the same area of the clunk.

When I posted my experience a number of folks came out of the woodwork and said they had the same problem.

Remove one of the tie end bars and see if the clunk goes away. Don't forget to torque all the nuts correctly (37 ft*lbs on the tower bolts and 12 ft*lbs on the stock tie end bar).

Personally, I've made my car Neuspeed free. Piece of shit company makes piece of shit products and gives piece of shit customer service --- but I'm not opinionated or anything...
Old 06-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally Posted by donduncan
Also I can repeat the noise if I turn the steering wheel from left to right, right to left. It makes that clunking noise when the car is parked, I can just turn the wheel and hear it pop.
Just saw your update -- where does the 'pop' sound come from when you turn the wheel?
Old 06-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Beware of leakage

I have a clunk type noise if I turn the wheel while at a stand still. I currently have my Eibach STB off, and the OEM one on. This noise started AFTER the install of my CT springs. I have not had it looked into though. Mine sounds like it is coming from right infront of the insturment panel also.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Oops -- I meant 'strut tower' bar and not 'tie end' bar. I was just talking to someone about tie end links and my brain got scrambled.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:28 PM
10th Gear

I had a clunking noise and it was the hood..something was loose and when hit bumps it was a metal on metal sounding knock...check your hood grab it from the grill and move it up and down..acura took care of it..it was the hood lock it was loose..my car only had 27 thousand miles its an 03 cls...good luck

gio
Old 06-23-2004, 05:16 PM
go go go go go

clunking noise is gone.

Got my car back from dealer, they installed the factory swaybar and the clunking noise is gone. Does anyone with the eibach sways have this problem up front?

Now I have the stock front swaybar and the eibach's rear swaybar on my car. Still feels great, but is this okay?

I really want the front eibach swaybar on the car, any suggestion to fix the clunking niose?
I read comptech sways come with retaining clips to keep it from moving side to side. Anybody have clips next to the bushing on the front swaybar? Appreciate any help...