CLS vs. Silvia

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLS vs. Silvia

On my way to Moroso Park yesterday for the sport compact races and show, I tango'd with a Silvia that was quick. On the turnpike in the Lauderdale area, about 7 turbo cars all jumped on the freeway at the same time led by two Silvia's. Couldn't tell you what all the cars were, but they varied from Evo's to other Mitsu's and a turbo Sentra, (yuck) He had no shot and was over almost before it began. It was something right out of the Fast and Furious. Everyone was ziggin and zaggan, jockying for position, it was nuts! I got excited immediatley and opened my cutout and turned off the water injection off for max power, (water injection helps me run a little rich). I had plenty of left over c16 fuel in the tank for max boost on my setup. I left the boost control set at 8psi knowing 10 psi was ready at the push of a button.

The first victim was a Yellow Evo. We ended up side by side looked at each other and it was on. I was in 4th cruising at about 80, just below a decent rpm for 4th, and we nailed it. He took me by about a length and a half till I reached full boost, 8psi, and realed him in real fast and put 4 lengths on him before I ran out of gear. It happened so fast that he backed down pretty quick.

I was gunning for the Silvia and he was way up front and it took some time to work my way up to him. Played with a couple of the mitsu's, they had no chance, there were some quick pulls from 80 with a couple of them, much the same as the evo, although they were quick, this car is absolutley a hard puller when pushing 8psi. I finally got up to the silvia, this was a gorgous right hand drive with a sr20 motor. I set my boost to 10psi as I didn't want have any problems with him. He was fast, the fastest of the group. The stage was same as before, from 80 mph we hit it, I knew he would pull me initially, and he did by about a half length. From there it was all CLS pulling away from him. By the time I got to 120 and shifted, I'm guesstimating I had 4 to 5 lengths on him. In 5th, he started to close the gap a little, but that is the gearing difference between his car and the CL's.

When we got the the car show, we hooked up and talked. He had nothing but praise for the car and was more than surpised at how bad I killed him. Spoke with the others in the group as well and received a lot of compliments for the sleeper/stealth of this car.

This car and motor is completely different at 10psi versus 6 psi, It is just unbelievable the torque curve in the 4th gear pull.

I have some pics of the Silvia that I'll post later. Cheers!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:42 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
I really, really hate Evo's ,STI's, Civics, or anything else to thate nature but theres a guy that lives down here that has a turbo sentra that will eat ANYTHING you throw against it. (Vipers, ZO6's, or even my fav. the SL65, .....yes 65.). If you can find pics of any of Ethans (trancemissions) meets at his house, its usually in the pictures. By far the fastest car ive ever been in!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
now with 7 gears

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, nice kills. Sounds like you had quite a good time. Pics please!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice man, seems like alot of fun. Definitely something straight out of a movie. Good kills!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like fun, wish I can mess with those cars like that..
Old 04-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Racer

Thats a great kill!!! I see you raced somebody with an sr20 hmmm........ My girl got a 240sx 98', I just bought her a RB25det, skyline engine, Im already beginning to upgrade the turbo, hopefully pushing about 25psi. Would you race me on the highway??? LOL, I got a six speed CLS. I race my girl all the time, and whoop her, but once that engine is in, I think it will be a different story!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
what were the mods on the silvia?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by o2cls
I really, really hate Evo's ,STI's, Civics, or anything else to thate nature but theres a guy that lives down here that has a turbo sentra that will eat ANYTHING you throw against it. (Vipers, ZO6's, or even my fav. the SL65, .....yes 65.). If you can find pics of any of Ethans (trancemissions) meets at his house, its usually in the pictures. By far the fastest car ive ever been in!
I'm with you man, I hate evos, lancers as well. Stupid cars.

Btw, great kills man, I love hearing racing stories about the CL-s!!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

The Silvia was boosted and looked to be done right, it definetly was a screamer. I have pics of it at home and will post pictures of them later tonight.

lil_turbo4 That would be a tough kill if it's boosting 25psi, but all depends on a lot of factors. I doubt I'd have a chance though, those RB25's can be beastly if done right. I'd hang on to that gf.

Yeah, it was a blast, that was the quickest most enjoyable ride I've had in a long time. You just pulled next to one of them and let it rip, they all wanted a peice of me and the CL surprised every one that tried. It by far is not the fastest car out there, but it will hold it's own at this present HP.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:09 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThinJim
On my way to Moroso Park yesterday for the sport compact races and show, I tango'd with a Silvia that was quick. On the turnpike in the Lauderdale area, about 7 turbo cars all jumped on the freeway at the same time led by two Silvia's. Couldn't tell you what all the cars were, but they varied from Evo's to other Mitsu's and a turbo Sentra, (yuck) He had no shot and was over almost before it began. It was something right out of the Fast and Furious. Everyone was ziggin and zaggan, jockying for position, it was nuts! I got excited immediatley and opened my cutout and turned off the water injection off for max power, (water injection helps me run a little rich). I had plenty of left over c16 fuel in the tank for max boost on my setup. I left the boost control set at 8psi knowing 10 psi was ready at the push of a button.

The first victim was a Yellow Evo. We ended up side by side looked at each other and it was on. I was in 4th cruising at about 80, just below a decent rpm for 4th, and we nailed it. He took me by about a length and a half till I reached full boost, 8psi, and realed him in real fast and put 4 lengths on him before I ran out of gear. It happened so fast that he backed down pretty quick.

I was gunning for the Silvia and he was way up front and it took some time to work my way up to him. Played with a couple of the mitsu's, they had no chance, there were some quick pulls from 80 with a couple of them, much the same as the evo, although they were quick, this car is absolutley a hard puller when pushing 8psi. I finally got up to the silvia, this was a gorgous right hand drive with a sr20 motor. I set my boost to 10psi as I didn't want have any problems with him. He was fast, the fastest of the group. The stage was same as before, from 80 mph we hit it, I knew he would pull me initially, and he did by about a half length. From there it was all CLS pulling away from him. By the time I got to 120 and shifted, I'm guesstimating I had 4 to 5 lengths on him. In 5th, he started to close the gap a little, but that is the gearing difference between his car and the CL's.

When we got the the car show, we hooked up and talked. He had nothing but praise for the car and was more than surpised at how bad I killed him. Spoke with the others in the group as well and received a lot of compliments for the sleeper/stealth of this car.

This car and motor is completely different at 10psi versus 6 psi, It is just unbelievable the torque curve in the 4th gear pull.

I have some pics of the Silvia that I'll post later. Cheers!

you're the fucking man!
Old 04-03-2006, 04:38 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
good job. all mine said you were going up to valdosta at the end of this month... are you going? i want to see this setup. plus there will be a few 240's up there willing to see what you have as well.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by o1s
good job. all mine said you were going up to valdosta at the end of this month... are you going? i want to see this setup. plus there will be a few 240's up there willing to see what you have as well.

Yep, fer sure I'll be in Valdosta on April 28-30. Don't know the layout, so I don't know where I'll be on the grounds of the track. Anyone who is nearby should try to go, I think it will be a great show, and the NOPI girls, mmmmm. Those 240's are nice cars, I don't know much about them, but the right hand drive one I ran across was exceptional in every detail.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:05 PM
now with 7 gears

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Silvia was boosted and looked to be done right, it definetly was a screamer. I have pics of it at home and will post pictures of them later tonight.

lil_turbo4 That would be a tough kill if it's boosting 25psi, but all depends on a lot of factors. I doubt I'd have a chance though, those RB25's can be beastly if done right. I'd hang on to that gf.

Yeah, it was a blast, that was the quickest most enjoyable ride I've had in a long time. You just pulled next to one of them and let it rip, they all wanted a peice of me and the CL surprised every one that tried. It by far is not the fastest car out there, but it will hold it's own at this present HP.
Jim, I'd like to give you props for not being a conceited dickwad, seeing that your car is plenty fast! I know a lot of people who don't even have cars anywhere near as fast or nice as your CLS and they just think that they own god's fastest speed chariot or some shit. It's great that you can lay down the rubber, keep a level head at the same time, and give credit where credit is due. It's the best and the only proper way to represent.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:37 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
my friend is having a powerglide installed in his rb25 240 specifically for that event. hoping for mid 9 second passes. there are pretty much only two places that you could park. circle track infield for show most likely, or pits for the 1/4 mile track for racing.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:07 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Tom, when I come visit florida this summer. We have to get run between the two cars. lol

Nice races!
Old 04-03-2006, 11:33 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, it was a blast, that was the quickest most enjoyable ride I've had in a long time. You just pulled next to one of them and let it rip, they all wanted a peice of me and the CL surprised every one that tried.
i'm at work right now and just let out a fat belly laugh while reading that^!
haha i gotta see pics man.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:59 AM
CL smashin

Suckas got PWNED. Nice kills man, can't wait to see the pics.

Originally Posted by o2cls
I fuckin HATE dudes with SRT-4 Neons that think they're so cool because they're turbo'd. Come on man, you're driving a FUCKING DODGE NEON. Just saw one the other day with a muffler in the mall parking garage setting off alarms by revving, what a fuckin faggot! He literally was driving up and down each aisle too. I'm tired of seeing Scion tCs too. My bad for venting folks!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow I can't imagine what our engine can do at extremely high boost levels like 18-20 something PSIs. You would probably need new axles or engine mounts when you get that much PSI.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:56 AM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

When he gets his build motor in, no telling what kind of power it will have
Old 04-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

im confused. you turned the water injection off? if you are running 0 timing already without the water injection then you'd be better off with it off. have you dyno'd with and without?