CLS vs GS400 revisited! hehehehehe =)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by typeR
well i'll add my 2 cents...because of the v-8 talk...how's a 99+mustang GT ...auto's i walk on and lightly modded stick's are a drivers race to 115 mph which i will not race higher than that and by lightly modded im talking intaked ,flow masters,tires ...my car WILL run 13.9 all engine this winter
How are you running 13.9 with just an intake and exhaust? I find it impossible to believe. I noticed you typed "winter"...getting 3.5L upgrade? With that I can see it.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:17 PM
whoXwanXsum

explain this lexus lovers...
i raced a sc430(has to be lighter than a gs) and beat him. we raced light to light, over 1/4 mile and yes it was close but he couldnt win. he tried many different things and always i was a hood ahead. i will race a damn gs4 any day. my cls is stock by the way. i have to admit i thought i was gonna get my ass kicked, hell he was the one who asked me to race. i am a very proud cls driver!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Maximized

Quit mag racing Russ. Your CL-S DOESNT HANDLE LIKE A 330I. The only thing it does like a 330i is circle around the skidpad at similar limits. LOOK at the slalom difference because Skidpad is a bragging point and is basically useless. The CL-S has 2 major strikes against it.....FWD and not being near 50/50 weight distribution.

On a track, where u can actually prove how a car REALLY handles the GS is better performer.
Oh I am sorry, I must have been dreaming when I saw it barely loose to a 330ci.. wow!

IT lost by a hair in the handlign and all areas.

Latest review of the 6spd showed it handling as good as its German competitors per Motor Week.

Sorry that we have a much better handling car than your old beam maxima. You jealous?
Old 08-01-2002, 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Max & Silver, please take it to aim if you're going to bicker back and forth.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by AC

How are you running 13.9 with just an intake and exhaust? I find it impossible to believe. I noticed you typed "winter"...getting 3.5L upgrade? With that I can see it.
i have headers ,no exhaust,intake, UR pulleys,toyo T1-S and at this point im refering to RES and MMII as the 2 mods that put me over the top...but the 3.5 is still a possibillity
Old 08-01-2002, 11:21 PM
Pro

i have headers ,no exhaust,intake, UR pulleys,toyo T1-S and at this point im refering to RES and MMII as the 2 mods that put me over the top...but the 3.5 is still a possibillity
Ahhh! I can see 13.9 then! If you get the 3.5L upgrade, give us some stats! I'm dying to see dyno #'s on the 3.5L upgrade beast!
Old 08-02-2002, 12:30 AM
Instructor

faster smaster, better on the track, better at the drags,,,,

I tell you all my daugther has this modded Razor, that'll take ya out up to a 30' race !!! : )

I wonder which car would have the faster exit speed out of the corner at the track?? That is the car I will put my money on.

And 1sicklex, I just did the unthinkable, someone asked about a 99 GS400 and a 2000 A6 2.7T Tip and my opinion was take the GS and get the reliability!! Can you believe that!! : ( Now if it was an 01 or 02 A6 then it would be tougher!!) : )

And AC is a Dinan driver now!!! Geez my poor ol family sedan is getting slower and slower and slower and you guys are getting faster and faster.

Well anyways, Stock CL-S to stock GS 4 series, The GS will win the majority of 0-60's and 1/4 miles and all the 1/2 miles. Same with against the 540 automatic.

On the bright side, a stock CLs automatic will beat up on a stock A6 2.7T tip all day long. THe track would be tougher, I think the A6 would hang very tough with all the above. Quattro makes the average driver faster, it forgives the little mistakes a little more so than the other cars.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:12 AM
Racer

I agree Ming 2.7T. Also I'm not over here to start anything like I said B4. I love Acuras' If they made a V8 rear wheel drive it would be in my driveway TODAY! I owned 2 Legends GS's the 6speed coupe and the 4dr loved them both too! Everbody is gonna defend their cars. Most GS4 owners are wealthy business man that don't know how to drive their car for track times, they just step on the gas and it goes! If a GS4 is driven right with a good lauch it should pull any stock CL-S auto or manuel. Its that 4th gear that gets you guys and I hope when they come out with the rear wheel drive RL that they fix the 4th gear . Well anywayz we all have very fast cars if we compare them the the American market!!!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by GS400_PUSHER
I agree Ming 2.7T. Also I'm not over here to start anything like I said B4. I love Acuras' If they made a V8 rear wheel drive it would be in my driveway TODAY! I owned 2 Legends GS's the 6speed coupe and the 4dr loved them both too! Everbody is gonna defend their cars. Most GS4 owners are wealthy business man that don't know how to drive their car for track times, they just step on the gas and it goes! If a GS4 is driven right with a good lauch it should pull any stock CL-S auto or manuel. Its that 4th gear that gets you guys and I hope when they come out with the rear wheel drive RL that they fix the 4th gear . Well anywayz we all have very fast cars if we compare them the the American market!!!!!
GS400_PUSHER... I will take U and AC up on your offer but remember, you guys are modded. I told you before that I raced two stock GS400s. Well the guy with the chrome/tvs/system and shit, well i don't know if he was modded on the engine. My uncle is not modded at all, he still has paper plates on a used gs. I am not doubting the GS400's power or degrading it, reread my post, I just said I was able to hang with one/edge him a little, NOT BEAT HIM, and was able to beat my uncle. Now if my uncle caught my bumper and you and AC are modded, how will that be a fair race? You tell me? I am game for a friendly race however...I would love to see how fast you guys really are. I am over in hyattsville/college park area, and I sometimes go to capital raceway, but I would luv to set up an evening with you guys. Let me get better/sticky tires first and we are ON!

thoro -
Old 08-02-2002, 08:31 AM
Suzuka Master

If a GS4 is driven right with a good lauch it should pull any stock CL-S auto or manuel. Its that 4th gear that gets you guys and I hope when they come out with the rear wheel drive RL that they fix the 4th gear
Yes and no, the 6-Speed manual has a fairly short 4th gear which takes us to about 130 from the shift at about 96 from 3rd. The manual CL-S has much more aggressive gearing which would help to negate the torque deficit.

Now when it comes to the automatic CL-S, things change a bit. My old '01 CL-S with H/I/P would pull (albeit not greatly, maybe 2 - 3 lengths to 100) on my father-in-laws SC430. However, we never took it far into triple digits so I never hit 4th. But this is the SC430 which weighs more than the GS so the outcome would have been different had I been up against the GS. I would suspect this would have been even against the GS, but there again, I was modded.

But now with the stock manual, it is just as (if not more so) quick as the modded automatic. However, at the higher speeds the gearing is particularly better putting it on par with a GS in an acceleration contest. But we are comparing a manual to an automatic, but at the same time a V6 to a V8...

As for handling and on-track performance, I feel this would depend on the type of track. With its longer wheelbase, the GS would probably be more stable on higher speed turns. But on a tighter course that may hinder it and allow the CL-S with its HLSD to pull through the turns quicker having a higher exit speeds. But this is just speculation!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:36 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

If a GS4 is driven right with a good lauch it should pull any stock CL-S auto or manuel. Its that 4th gear that gets you guys and I hope when they come out with the rear wheel drive RL that they fix the 4th gear . Well anywayz we all have very fast cars if we compare them the the American market!!!!!
Hey GS400_PUSHER -
I am not stock, well kinda sorta intake/pulleys/plugs. Good for low-end grunt/pull. The comment about 4th gear will be irrelevant if we race. I can top out my 1/4 mile in 3rd gear. I have not used 4th gear NOT ONE time when racing. I either gateshift d1-d2-d3 or use ss 1-2-3 no need to shift into 4th where as our 3rd gears is good for 110-118, by then, the race is over unless we are highway racing in the 100s and I barely race in the hundreds (I have no ballz for that). Our 3rd gear is our sweet spot and I know this, that's why when i race on the highway I slow down until my car is able to shift into 3rd, and it's all over. Now if i get headers, 3rd-to 4th gear will have enough power to ward off most attackers in my class.

thoro
Old 08-02-2002, 08:56 AM
Racer

well i'll add my 2 cents...because of the v-8 talk...how's a 99+mustang GT ...auto's i walk on and lightly modded stick's are a drivers race to 115 mph which i will not race higher than that and by lightly modded im talking intaked ,flow masters,tires ...my car WILL run 13.9 all engine this winter
Thats a easy Win for the GS too. I put one way back at least 3 to 4 cars that was on my 20 inch rims. ol that was the manuel one. Like I said you guys CL-S are very quick cars no doubt!!! I just wish they give our cars the respect they deserve!!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 09:03 AM
Racer

Originally posted by ThoroDredCLS

Hey GS400_PUSHER -
I am not stock, well kinda sorta intake/pulleys/plugs. Good for low-end grunt/pull. The comment about 4th gear will be irrelevant if we race. I can top out my 1/4 mile in 3rd gear. I have not used 4th gear NOT ONE time when racing. I either gateshift d1-d2-d3 or use ss 1-2-3 no need to shift into 4th where as our 3rd gears is good for 110-118, by then, the race is over unless we are highway racing in the 100s and I barely race in the hundreds (I have no ballz for that). Our 3rd gear is our sweet spot and I know this, that's why when i race on the highway I slow down until my car is able to shift into 3rd, and it's all over. Now if i get headers, 3rd-to 4th gear will have enough power to ward off most attackers in my class.

thoro
I was talking about the 4th gear in any Acura car, its not strong as I would like it to be! As for 1/4 mile I don't need my 4th either I can run thru the 1/4 in 3rd as well with a Trap of 100mph. Let me know when is a good time to meet you so we can check each other rides out and play alittle!
Old 08-02-2002, 09:09 AM
Racer

Originally posted by scalbert

Yes and no, the 6-Speed manual has a fairly short 4th gear which takes us to about 130 from the shift at about 96 from 3rd. The manual CL-S has much more aggressive gearing which would help to negate the torque deficit.

Now when it comes to the automatic CL-S, things change a bit. My old '01 CL-S with H/I/P would pull (albeit not greatly, maybe 2 - 3 lengths to 100) on my father-in-laws SC430. However, we never took it far into triple digits so I never hit 4th. But this is the SC430 which weighs more than the GS so the outcome would have been different had I been up against the GS. I would suspect this would have been even against the GS, but there again, I was modded.

But now with the stock manual, it is just as (if not more so) quick as the modded automatic. However, at the higher speeds the gearing is particularly better putting it on par with a GS in an acceleration contest. But we are comparing a manual to an automatic, but at the same time a V6 to a V8...

As for handling and on-track performance, I feel this would depend on the type of track. With its longer wheelbase, the GS would probably be more stable on higher speed turns. But on a tighter course that may hinder it and allow the CL-S with its HLSD to pull through the turns quicker having a higher exit speeds. But this is just speculation!!!

I like you already.....You should well edu. and not picky. I said before the CL-S are very quick cars "NO DOUBT"
Old 08-02-2002, 09:29 AM
Instructor

man you people are lucky, I have to shift to 4th in the 1/4. And that is pretty close to the end of the race. Top speed quarter is ~102mph and that would be at ~7k on the tach. I dont know if its a trade off between not having power up that high or getting back into the meat of the hp at 4500 in 4th. WIth the newer GIAC x-chip and the exhaust I will have to try it out this fall. Before I was able to stay in third till ~98-99mph but dont know what I was losing power wise that high in the revs. Going to have to try out a couple different ways this year.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:38 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Like I said you guys CL-S are very quick cars no doubt!!! I just wish they give our cars the respect they deserve!!!!
Hey, we respect the GS4 (not GS3 :P ) and to be honest, I wanted a GS400 in black/black sport package and navi. I couldn't even find a used one for the price I payed for my cls.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SilverBullet

Oh I am sorry, I must have been dreaming when I saw it barely loose to a 330ci.. wow!

IT lost by a hair in the handlign and all areas.

Latest review of the 6spd showed it handling as good as its German competitors per Motor Week.

Sorry that we have a much better handling car than your old beam maxima. You jealous?
Russ how did you get so far in life being so stubborn. A Cl-S DOESNT compare to a 330i. Drive the car and maybe you will finally learn something. Handling wise the 330 is far superior with something like a 3 mph advantage thru the slalom.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:11 AM
Racer

Hey, we respect the GS4 (not GS3 :P ) and to be honest, I wanted a GS400 in black/black sport package and navi. I couldn't even find a used one for the price I payed for my cls.

Hey thats what I have. Ol and by the way I only have the SRT Intake! But remember I have "20" chrome wheels that way alot" so that brung me back down to stock times and thats the truth! I have time slips before and after the 20s and the wheels certainly slowed my 60ft times. Also I have 89,433 miles on my GS so you have another advantage right there I need my 90,000 service so you better take advantage of me now. I was told I get new plugs and water pump I have the origanal plugs in from the factory. I was told putting in TQ plugs would make a big difference on my throttle responce. I will be an your area today so let me know!
Old 08-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Originally posted by Maximized

Russ how did you get so far in life being so stubborn. A Cl-S DOESNT compare to a 330i. Drive the car and maybe you will finally learn something. Handling wise the 330 is far superior with something like a 3 mph advantage thru the slalom.
The 330i cost 7G more then my car. I took that money and put it into some mods (see list below) and now equal or even still less then a 330i in price, I will kick the shit out of any 330i in handling or performance.....enough said! :flamer:
Old 08-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Rips CL

The 330i cost 7G more then my car. I took that money and put it into some mods (see list below) and now equal or even still less then a 330i in price, I will kick the shit out of any 330i in handling or performance.....enough said! :flamer:
I would be glad if you did kill those BMW 330ci....most of the ones I run in to are SNOBS and get mad when they can't hang. What is the slalom speed on the CL-S anywayz I know its like 68 or 69 on our beloved GS400 I'm pretty sure yours is the same being that its lot smaller and lighter!
Old 08-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

I would be glad if you did kill those BMW 330ci....most of the ones I run in to are SNOBS and get mad when they can't hang. What is the slalom speed on the CL-S anywayz I know its like 68 or 69 on our beloved GS400 I'm pretty sure yours is the same being that its lot smaller and lighter!
I was just reponding to the post that said the CL doesn't compare with the 330i. The guy must have not read the article in Car & Driver. The only reason the CL lost to the 330i was because of styling. A 7 for the CL to a 10 for the 330i, and the CL only lost by 1 piont. For those who doubt, here is the link.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...eywords=hobson's%20choice

And lets all remember that these are stock cars. Save your money, buy a 6-speed CL, take that money you saved, go crazy with the CL in mods, and then go pound the 330i into the ground.....
Old 08-02-2002, 12:22 PM
Racer

I was just reponding to the post that said the CL doesn't compare with the 330i. The guy must have not read the article in Car & Driver. The only reason the CL lost to the 330i was because of styling. A 7 for the CL to a 10 for the 330i, and the CL only lost by 1 piont. For those who doubt, here is the link.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...eywords=hobson's%20choice

And lets all remember that these are stock cars. Save your money, buy a 6-speed CL, take that money you saved, go crazy with the CL in mods, and then go pound the 330i into the ground.....
Okay! I would have to agree, don't buy a BMW the reason I say is the maintenace is terrible. As far as price I don't think its that big of a deal because most people buy Cars on what they can afford and power all in one. I started out with a Honda then Acura, and now Lexus, next I might buy a S 600 with the AMG package. See what I mean The more money you make the nicer the car and faster you will want. Same with Houses Right! This was said before on the Altima site "People with $30K vs $50K say I could put the other 20K in to the car and kill a that car! We say the same thing about the M5 you see what I mean. Its kinda Like a Status thing. I had a Acura Legend and when I was make the money I was making at that time it was the Bomb but I started making more so I want to set up in a different class. Now I will be making more so I am thinking of stepping up again, But don't know what I want!
Old 08-02-2002, 12:53 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Okay! I would have to agree, don't buy a BMW the reason I say is the maintenace is terrible. As far as price I don't think its that big of a deal because most people buy Cars on what they can afford and power all in one. I started out with a Honda then Acura, and now Lexus, next I might buy a S 600 with the AMG package. See what I mean The more money you make the nicer the car and faster you will want. Same with Houses Right! This was said before on the Altima site "People with $30K vs $50K say I could put the other 20K in to the car and kill a that car! We say the same thing about the M5 you see what I mean. Its kinda Like a Status thing. I had a Acura Legend and when I was make the money I was making at that time it was the Bomb but I started making more so I want to set up in a different class. Now I will be making more so I am thinking of stepping up again, But don't know what I want!
I see what your saying. I would just never buy a BMW because of the cost to maintian. And plus, if I was going to buy a German car, it would be a Benz.

Speaking of Benz, you should get a CL55 AMG. I just like the 2 door look, but I guess if you have family a 4 door is the way to go.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Racer

I see what your saying. I would just never buy a BMW because of the cost to maintian. And plus, if I was going to buy a German car, it would be a Benz.

Speaking of Benz, you should get a CL55 AMG. I just like the 2 door look, but I guess if you have family a 4 door is the way to go.
Yes I do have a Family thats why I am sticking with a 4dr.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:06 PM

Damn, I saw 5 PAGES, and I was like, FLAMES!!!

Wrong, AC, Ming, and the rest of the gang is here! I tell all the GS4 guys, watch out for type-s cars, if you sleep on them, you may be in for a surprise.

4th gear in the 1/4 mile!?!?!?

The only 540 I raced on the highway, well it was pretty much even, the only time one got ahead of the other was cause of traffic. Never had a chance at any A6 2.7 or 4.2 (yet). With a CL-S though, at those speeds it is out of it's element.

Shoot, we think we're fast, I got walked on by a Z06 so badly it was not even funny!
Old 08-02-2002, 01:31 PM
Racer

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Damn, I saw 5 PAGES, and I was like, FLAMES!!!

Wrong, AC, Ming, and the rest of the gang is here! I tell all the GS4 guys, watch out for type-s cars, if you sleep on them, you may be in for a surprise.

4th gear in the 1/4 mile!?!?!?

The only 540 I raced on the highway, well it was pretty much even, the only time one got ahead of the other was cause of traffic. Never had a chance at any A6 2.7 or 4.2 (yet). With a CL-S though, at those speeds it is out of it's element.

Shoot, we think we're fast, I got walked on by a Z06 so ba

dly it was not even funny!
I told you we are all cool about both cars no flaming here
Old 08-02-2002, 02:05 PM
Instructor

1sicklex

And whats wrong is you have to use 4th gear in the 1/4 !!!!! : )

I wish I could stay in 3rd!!! Does seems like a waste to have to shift at the very end. 4th takes it all the way up to ~140 too!
Old 08-02-2002, 02:25 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Hey thats what I have. Ol and by the way I only have the SRT Intake! But remember I have "20" chrome wheels that way alot" so that brung me back down to stock times and thats the truth! I have time slips before and after the 20s and the wheels certainly slowed my 60ft times. Also I have 89,433 miles on my GS so you have another advantage right there I need my 90,000 service so you better take advantage of me now. I was told I get new plugs and water pump I have the origanal plugs in from the factory. I was told putting in TQ plugs would make a big difference on my throttle responce. I will be an your area today so let me know!
I hear you. Damn you got the car I wanted. Oh well, that would have been the shiznits if i still lived with my parents, LS430, SC400 and GS400 all in the same drive way. Now I am odd man out when I got to family gatherings. Anyway, I know this should be in PM, but I have to go to the Radley acura myself today to get my car checked out and get the dumbass VSA light off, alignment and sunroof visor replacement. Maybe next time I will hit you up on your offer. We should a ACL.com and CL.com md/dc/va meet. That would be cool. I would like to run against some of the better/veteran drivers and see what would happen. Oh and keep the 20s on!
Old 08-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Racer

I hear you. Damn you got the car I wanted. Oh well, that would have been the shiznits if i still lived with my parents, LS430, SC400 and GS400 all in the same drive way. Now I am odd man out when I got to family gatherings. Anyway, I know this should be in PM, but I have to go to the Radley acura myself today to get my car checked out and get the dumbass VSA light off, alignment and sunroof visor replacement. Maybe next time I will hit you up on your offer. We should a ACL.com and CL.com md/dc/va meet. That would be cool. I would like to run against some of the better/veteran drivers and see what would happen. Oh and keep the 20s on!
Sure we can! I am always down for a challenge And I will keep the 20s on It looks so sweet that way. To bad this site won't let me post a pic(1byte max)
Old 08-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Racer

Re: 1sicklex

Originally posted by Ming 2.7T
And whats wrong is you have to use 4th gear in the 1/4 !!!!! : )

I wish I could stay in 3rd!!! Does seems like a waste to have to shift at the very end. 4th takes it all the way up to ~140 too!
I can do 1/4 in 3rd but its pushing it 4th is a deadly gear in the GS400 I don't know to much about the GS430 but I seen this kid do a 13.9 stock in one, compare to my 14.2 ...I guess its that extra 15TQ it has
Old 08-02-2002, 03:15 PM

U know what Ming and GS4 Pusher, I do remember my car cutting out in 3rd in e-shift when I was at the track, I remember I had to go into 4th very briefly, so the 2 cars are similar in this aspect...

For the record, SC 430s are blv cruisers, not racers. Compared to the SC 400 it is not as sporty from my understanding.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:23 PM
Racer

Isn't the GS400 faster than the SC430.....If so I don't know why the SC430 should be a bit lighter!

1Sicklex the nextime you go to the track see where the 1/4mile mark is on your first run then on the second run stay in your 3rd gear I bet you hit the 1/4mile mark before you need to shift to 4th Once your front bumber hits that laser mark just slow down because its not gonna make a difference after that! Some people stay on the gas pass the mark ....but what for the clock stopped.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:41 PM

Thanks dude, I'm a newbie at the track. Next time I will take out my tires and other stuff to see if I can do better than a 14.9 (track sucked monkey balls).
Old 08-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

I just want to say to all you Lexus owners, I think the cars are one of the best built in the World. Everytime I see the SC430 with the top down I lose it, if you know what I mean!:wackit:
Old 08-02-2002, 04:48 PM
Advanced

Rips CL,

That article in Car and Driver convinced me to get the 2003 CLS 6spd. I just got it 2 days ago. Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

Although I am still breaking it in, it is clear that the 2003 CLS 6spd is a completely different car than my 2000 3.2TL, which I traded in. The ride is firm, tight, responsive and the body roll I hated in the TL is gone. As for the manual ... well, you know already

I wonder if the 2001 and 2002 CLS offered the same ride quality. I doubt it. I remember an Edmunds comparison test of 2001 luxury coupes where the CLS was well below the BMW 330ci.
Still for the price, the Acura was a far better buy!
Old 08-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Pro

Thoro, it's all good. I think you may have misunderstood me, but maybe it was my fault for "mis" explaining. At the end of the day, we all become good friends that all love cars.

Ming, good to see you again ol' friend! My 540's 3rd gear actually tops out at around 95-97...I think the gofing from 2.81 to 3.15 diff caused that. In the past I was able to get into the 110-115is in 3rd.

GS_400 Pusher, I don't think the GS can slalom at 67 - 68...that's Porsche 911 slalom speeds. I believe the TypeS can achieve like 63mph in the slalom.

1SickLex, for the millionths time, what the GS400 stock pull on dyno? I've read anywhere from 230-240HP...correct?

I will be up with Lexciting very very soon pushing 8.5PSI in about a month or two. But in a week I'll be pushing 80 SHOTS!
Old 08-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Racer

Originally posted by AC

GS_400 Pusher, I don't think the GS can slalom at 67 - 68...that's Porsche 911 slalom speeds. I believe the TypeS can achieve like 63mph in the slalom.

I will be up with Lexciting very very soon pushing 8.5PSI in about a month or two. But in a week I'll be pushing 80 SHOTS!

AC I'm sure I read that recently about the GS400 when tested by C&D it ran the Slalom as fast as the Z28 which was 67 or 68mph. I will try to find that site again and double check.

As far as Lexciting...you will need alot more than 8.5psi to be where he is at. He is not SC anymore he is TT with 500+hp @ the rear wheels. I will double check on that to, He's gonna call me up when its finish and if its everything I hope it to be mine will be nexted......its pricy but they say "You have to pay to play"..
Old 08-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Racer

AC here it is http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/gs400.html
Old 08-03-2002, 07:05 PM

1SickLex, for the millionths time, what the GS400 stock pull on dyno? I've read anywhere from 230-240HP...correct?
My bad dude, you are correct. I think the highest somone got with a K&N filter was 242. TC does the most damage, that with an exhaust and intake nets 270s....
Old 08-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Pro

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

My bad dude, you are correct. I think the highest somone got with a K&N filter was 242. TC does the most damage, that with an exhaust and intake nets 270s....
What does the TC buy you? I assume just a higher stall? But 270 is pretty damn impressive my friend!

Quick Reply: CLS vs GS400 revisited! hehehehehe =)