CL S v.s. Dodge Charger v.s. G6 Coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006 | 09:41 AM
Instructor

CL S v.s. Dodge Charger v.s. G6 Coupe.

Okay, back from my vacation on South Beach - I told myself I wouldn't rack on the miles in my CL S like I did my CL2.2 but I took this one roadtrip anyways. We stayed in one of the Deco motels on Collins A1A, took in some sights at Coconut Grove, Key West, and Orlando totalling close to 2000 miles. The car performed like a champ just as I expected. Okay, enough with the pleasantries. Here we go:

(11:30pm) I'm settling for a boring last few hours of driving down a long, hilly, dark country road at the speed limit due to the good ole' boy sheriff's in the area when a white 06' Pontiac G6 flies by me. Instantly I'm smiling so I can follow this guy - surely he has a radar detector or he wouldn't be blasting down these pitch black roads in the in middle of the night.

For a long stretch of road there's absolutelty no traffic, so I tried this guy to see what his little piece of junk could do. We're going downhill and this guy maxes out around 115 to 120. I pulled by him without even downshifting - boring - so I slow down to let the kid in his G6 take the lead.

A few more miles down the road another car speeds up from behind me in the lane to my left. He's goosing his car forward trying to get my attention. From the headlights I'm thinking it's just some redneck in a lowrider truck. I slow down to get a better look and it's a jet black Dodge Charger with 20" chrome wheels. Keep in mind the whole time the kid in the G6 is still in front of us.

The whole time this guy is goosing the Charger forward he's looking at me with this "What the fuck, lets DO this" kind of look on his face. He finally gooses his car forward but he's not fast enough to pull away from me and get around the G6 at the same time, so he backs off.

At one point there's enough road for the guy in the Charger and me to race forward before approaching a red light. We were about even with him pulling slightly but not more than half of a fender. As we're slowing down the G6 whips around and gets in front again. Of course both the guy in the Charger and me are looking at the kid in the G6 like: and let him have his fun.

We let the kid in the G6 take the lead since he was so eager to think he had some muscle under his hood. The G6 is first, I'm second, and the Charger is 3rd. We're ripping through these little sleepy towns - we fly over a tall hill when all of a sudden the kid in the G6 brakes HEAVY, sending the nose of his car almost into the asphalt. Right in front of him is a local cop - the kid almost rear-ended him as he was decending down the hill. The cop almost comes to a complete stop and makes a U-turn in the median. Everyone shuts down and tries to play the role.

From my rearview mirror I can see the cop stop in the middle of making his U-turn - probably to radio his actions to dispatch - and come racing towards me. He races right up to my bumper but he doesn't turn his lights on. I pull to the right and he races past me, the Dodge Charger, and chases after a white truck as it makes a left turn through the median and drives toward a shopping center.

After watching the cop zero in on the white truck a focus my attention back on the Charger and the G6 only to notice they had both disappeared.
Old 12-29-2006 | 10:00 AM
Banned

Consider yourself lucky. This is why Unless it is something amazing, I don't even bother.
Old 12-29-2006 | 10:20 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
Consider yourself lucky. This is why Unless it is something amazing, I don't even bother.

Nothing to be lucky about. The kid was a good 4 car lengths ahead of me. Even if that kid hadn't disappeared and the cop hadn't mistaken the white truck for the G6 He would have gone after the Pontiac. This wasn't an all out war. I just needed something to occupy my time while coming back from a long road trip.