CL S v.s. Accord V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuracltypeS03
Standard and available safety features include ABS, traction control and side-curtain roof rail air bags on Impala. A new family of premium-feature V-6 engines, which include variable valve timing to optimize performance and economy, is standard in the LS, LT and LTZ models, with LS and LT models receiving a new 3.5L V-6 that produces 211 (157 kw) horsepower and 214 lb.-ft. (290 Nm) of torque. Standard in LTZ and available in LT models is a new 242-horsepower (180 kw)* 3.9L V-6 built on the same architecture as the 3.5L engine, but with additional features such as variable intake technology.

The unique Impala SS is powered by the all-new 5.3L small-block V-8 with Displacement on Demand (DOD) technology, which regulates between eight-cylinder and four-cylinder operation and provides up to 8 percent improved fuel economy in certain light-load driving conditions. The 5.3L small-block V-8 is rated at 303 horsepower (226 kw) and 323 lb.-ft. (438 Nm) of torque.
2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS
BASE PRICE: $26,990
AS TESTED: $29,610
OUTPUT: 303 hp @ 5600 rpm, 323 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
DRIVETRAIN: 5.3-liter V8; fwd, four-speed automatic
CURB WEIGHT: 3712 lbs.
FUEL ECONOMY (EPA combined/AW observed): 21.44/18.37
Old 12-12-2006, 11:14 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,095 Posts
Originally Posted by crippler22
Here is my kill list to date. What is yours?
WRX (with exhaust)
CL-S (5 speed auto)
2 350Z's (6 speeds)
Mustang Mach 1 (70's era)
Chevelle SS 396
94 Corvette (auto)
Cobalt SS supercharged
Regal GS supercharged (pulley, intake and exhaust)
Eldorado touring coupe
Mustang GT (4.6, 5 speed)
Nissan Altima SE (3.5 Auto)
Camaro Z28 (LS1, 6speed)
BMW 328
WRX (with exhaust) - I beat one, too.
CL-S (5 speed auto) - Probably 100% stock.
2 350Z's (6 speeds) - Hmm, probably just bad drivers.
Mustang Mach 1 (70's era) - Must need an engine rebuild.
Chevelle SS 396 - Ditto
94 Corvette (auto) - Heavy and underpowered for a Corvette unless it's a ZR-1
Cobalt SS supercharged - Can't hang with us either.
Regal GS supercharged (pulley, intake and exhaust) - A Regal GS? Come on.
Eldorado touring coupe - This is my favorite. LOL! An Eldorado... touring coupe!!!
Mustang GT (4.6, 5 speed) - Probably like a 98 or something. 225hp. Slow.
Nissan Altima SE (3.5 Auto) - Eh, we can take those out.
Camaro Z28 (LS1, 6speed) - Uhhh, I doubt it, unless he was asleep at the wheel.
BMW 328 - We beat it.

Technically you should take our CL-S's out stock vs. stock. I'm sure your SS is fast but come on, are you not expecting negative feedback, you're on an Acura sight? I've visited a few of your SS and GTP/GTX sites and they tend to bitch and moan about other cars as much as we do, so don't act surprised when people tell you your SS is ugly and it wouldn't take NOS + SC to beat you with our CL-S's. The CL-S is a much more complete car, maybe not as fast stock, but some bolt ons and we're right there with you.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CLariSe-169
WRX (with exhaust) - I beat one, too.
CL-S (5 speed auto) - Probably 100% stock.
2 350Z's (6 speeds) - Hmm, probably just bad drivers.
Mustang Mach 1 (70's era) - Must need an engine rebuild.
Chevelle SS 396 - Ditto
94 Corvette (auto) - Heavy and underpowered for a Corvette unless it's a ZR-1
Cobalt SS supercharged - Can't hang with us either.
Regal GS supercharged (pulley, intake and exhaust) - A Regal GS? Come on.
Eldorado touring coupe - This is my favorite. LOL! An Eldorado... touring coupe!!!
Mustang GT (4.6, 5 speed) - Probably like a 98 or something. 225hp. Slow.
Nissan Altima SE (3.5 Auto) - Eh, we can take those out.
Camaro Z28 (LS1, 6speed) - Uhhh, I doubt it, unless he was asleep at the wheel.
BMW 328 - We beat it.

Technically you should take our CL-S's out stock vs. stock. I'm sure your SS is fast but come on, are you not expecting negative feedback, you're on an Acura sight? I've visited a few of your SS and GTP/GTX sites and they tend to bitch and moan about other cars as much as we do, so don't act surprised when people tell you your SS is ugly and it wouldn't take NOS + SC to beat you with our CL-S's. The CL-S is a much more complete car, maybe not as fast stock, but some bolt ons and we're right there with you.
Yeah I expect some negative feedback, but a little reality would be nice here. I like the way you cut down my kill list. Also, expected. The chances of me running two 350Z's both with bad drivers at a drag strip is a stretch. A Regal GS has the 240 horse SC 3800 with those mods he is closer to 280 to 290 horse. I think he could beat you. An Eldorado Touring Coupe has 300 horsepower and can run0-60 in 6.5 sec which is with in .2 of a sec of a CL-S auto. A 94 Vette is able to do 0-60 in5.7 seconds(Motor Trend road test) I no that will beat a CL-s auto or manual. After beating my friends CL-S your right add some boltons and your right with me. Right with me being 2 cars back instead of 4 cars back. The only race that a CL-S is close is from a roll. The CL-S hangs tough from a roll but still goes down. I don't think the CL-S is a bad car I think Acura should be commended on building it. They did a nice job with it. Out of the box it was a good FWD performance coupe. You don't have to like the Impala SS but a little respect should be offered.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

Dude come one man u still wont admit it that ur SS will not smoke our (My cl-s 6 spds) i know that for sure man.. Cuz i seen a lil GT-S smoking it and i can smoke that GT-S with my stock 6 spds..
Old 12-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Banned

Come here and i show u how to get a Start with a LSD 6 spds cars. Dude ur SS is huge dawg 5.7l come on bro.. 38K Pounds while my CL-S got 32k now cuz i taken some parts out of her..
Old 12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
ahh acura does have onstar in it's cars, where have you been?..... Car and Driver calls the Impala SS as follows:

"There’s an internal fight going on in the Impala SS, an existential struggle between the car’s performance and family duties that is glaringly apparent with the first turn of the wheel. Neither personality emerges as the dominant one, and the result is a car that feels unfinished and confused as to its purpose"

"The SS seems to have been created to produce impressive numbers on paper with little regard to driver enjoyment."

"One upside of the flabbiness is that the highway ride is compliant and never jarring; unfortunately, the Jell-O–like suspension keeps the body moving, and speed only exacerbates the problem. Impressed by the 154-mph top speed? Driving the SS at that speed is scary enough to be a stunt on NBC’s Fear Factor. "

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...impala-ss.html

n'uff said.........

as for fuel economy I get 32 highway and 23 around town so you don't got jack on my ride (intake and headers)

butter smooth accelleration even when traction control is engaged, supportive leather seats, whisper quiet engine that is rev happy and flawless in it's execution......

My father needed the following on his car with less than 50K on it (2002 chevy impala)

ABS, fuel injector, front rotors, ECU replaced, front pads again, abs sensor......

Your engine is detuned you say? headers gets you 30HP on a CL type S motor so....talk about being detuned.........

Honda has had cylander deactivation since the accord hybrid.....no big news there....
Old 12-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Instructor

Dude come one man u still wont admit it that ur SS will not smoke our (My cl-s 6 spds) i know that for sure man.. Cuz i seen a lil GT-S smoking it and i can smoke that GT-S with my stock 6 spds..
Dude, if your using the race you saw between a guy who drives a Celica and a Mom in her car your crazy.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
ahh acura does have onstar in it's cars, where have you been?..... Car and Driver calls the Impala SS as follows:

"There’s an internal fight going on in the Impala SS, an existential struggle between the car’s performance and family duties that is glaringly apparent with the first turn of the wheel. Neither personality emerges as the dominant one, and the result is a car that feels unfinished and confused as to its purpose"

"The SS seems to have been created to produce impressive numbers on paper with little regard to driver enjoyment."

"One upside of the flabbiness is that the highway ride is compliant and never jarring; unfortunately, the Jell-O–like suspension keeps the body moving, and speed only exacerbates the problem. Impressed by the 154-mph top speed? Driving the SS at that speed is scary enough to be a stunt on NBC’s Fear Factor. "

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...impala-ss.html

n'uff said.........

as for fuel economy I get 32 highway and 23 around town so you don't got jack on my ride (intake and headers)

butter smooth accelleration even when traction control is engaged, supportive leather seats, whisper quiet engine that is rev happy and flawless in it's execution......

My father needed the following on his car with less than 50K on it (2002 chevy impala)

ABS, fuel injector, front rotors, ECU replaced, front pads again, abs sensor......

Your engine is detuned you say? headers gets you 30HP on a CL type S motor so....talk about being detuned.........

Honda has had cylander deactivation since the accord hybrid.....no big news there....
You got me there. Like I said I never said the Impala SS was the best car. Although Car and Driver has had their heads up Japans ass for atleast 5 years. They also think the Toyota hybrids are great for the environment but did you happen to see what Toyota's battery plant has done to the surrounding land. It completely killed all life making it look like the moon. Forgive me for not believing Card and Driver.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:00 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Mike or F23A4. where are you? you guys sleeping on the job? you're in need here.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Banned

Dude, if your using the race you saw between a guy who drives a Celica and a Mom in her car your crazy.
Yea but its still a SS tho..
Old 12-12-2006, 02:19 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Yeah I expect some negative feedback, but a little reality would be nice here. I like the way you cut down my kill list. Also, expected. The chances of me running two 350Z's both with bad drivers at a drag strip is a stretch. A Regal GS has the 240 horse SC 3800 with those mods he is closer to 280 to 290 horse. I think he could beat you. An Eldorado Touring Coupe has 300 horsepower and can run0-60 in 6.5 sec which is with in .2 of a sec of a CL-S auto. A 94 Vette is able to do 0-60 in5.7 seconds(Motor Trend road test) I no that will beat a CL-s auto or manual. After beating my friends CL-S your right add some boltons and your right with me. Right with me being 2 cars back instead of 4 cars back. The only race that a CL-S is close is from a roll. The CL-S hangs tough from a roll but still goes down. I don't think the CL-S is a bad car I think Acura should be commended on building it. They did a nice job with it. Out of the box it was a good FWD performance coupe. You don't have to like the Impala SS but a little respect should be offered.
Okay, so you beat two 350Z's, I'll give you that if they were at the strip and legit. As far as the Regal GS goes, come on dude, 290 horsepower from I/H/P? Doubtful. Plus that's at the fly and that's a heavy car. Wouldn't beat me. I checked out the numbers for an Eldorado TC and the fastest 1/4 mile time I saw was a 15.3. Not beating me. As far as the Vette goes, you're right, it will beat an auto or 6 speed CL-S, but it will also beat your car. It's running a 14.1, you're not, unless that Vette was beat on and isn't holding compression, you're not winning.

As far as giving the SS a little respect, I think most of us have, it's a fast car, congrats, but it's ugly and you're posting this on an ACURA SITE, so suck it up and acknowledge that you're not going to get anyone saying they'd rather have an Impala SS instead of their CL-S. It's like putting a V-8 in an old Pinto, sure it's fast, but would who would want to be caught dead in that car? Kind of how I feel about the SS.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Instructor

Okay, so you beat two 350Z's, I'll give you that if they were at the strip and legit. As far as the Regal GS goes, come on dude, 290 horsepower from I/H/P? Doubtful. Plus that's at the fly and that's a heavy car. Wouldn't beat me. I checked out the numbers for an Eldorado TC and the fastest 1/4 mile time I saw was a 15.3. Not beating me. As far as the Vette goes, you're right, it will beat an auto or 6 speed CL-S, but it will also beat your car. It's running a 14.1, you're not, unless that Vette was beat on and isn't holding compression, you're not winning.

As far as giving the SS a little respect, I think most of us have, it's a fast car, congrats, but it's ugly and you're posting this on an ACURA SITE, so suck it up and acknowledge that you're not going to get anyone saying they'd rather have an Impala SS instead of their CL-S. It's like putting a V-8 in an old Pinto, sure it's fast, but would who would want to be caught dead in that car? Kind of how I feel about the SS.
Thats right the vette does 14.1 my SS was tested at 14.2 with the driver of the Vette having his girl as a passenger and me being alone its a drivers race. Also, if your CL-S is so good looking and an all around performer why is it no longer in production?
Old 12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Thats right the vette does 14.1 my SS was tested at 14.2 with the driver of the Vette having his girl as a passenger and me being alone its a drivers race. Also, if your CL-S is so good looking and an all around performer why is it no longer in production?

why not ask that question about Oldsmobile?
Old 12-12-2006, 04:43 PM
In the Mid-South meow

All good things must come to an end my friend, that's why they don't make the CLs anymore. Unfortunately Chevy never incorporated this into their business plan or the Impala would've been dropped in after the 60's. How's GM doing as a company and how's Honda's doing? Nuff said.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:50 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Ohhh, I so wish I could ride in this beautiful machine.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Instructor

Ohhh, I so wish I could ride in this beautiful machine.

Thats funny to bad you have the wrong Impala SS. Even I don't like that Impala SS.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

Ok calm down people

Still SS is ugly and ugly..

The reason they stopped making these puppies cuz they invented the new RL...
Old 12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Instructor

The 2007 Impala SS.

Still ugly as fuck and the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu looks just like it.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Instructor

2006 Chevrolet Malibu
Old 12-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
This is one of the more entertaining threads that I've come across in a while.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Usurper you suprise me for your age you talk like your 18. Using picking up girls as a meter of how good a car is. The hot latino girl is going to want to ride with me because of me not my car. The fact that I beat you was just a bonus. Also if you think the CL-S is going to help get the girl you better stand in line because there are alot of cars that make the CL-S and my SS look like Grandpa cars. The truth is that the Impala SS is the best car for me and my family. My wife drives it everyday and it has room for the children. It was chosen for the whole package. If we didn't have kids there would be a GTO sitting in my garage and we wouldn't have had this wonderful conversation. Tahts why I like the Impala SS its a sleeper. Just like the guy on here with the AV6 that is fast as hell but looks like an Accord with just wheels and tires. I got an idea you live in Florida I am going to Naples,FL this Easter. Why don't you meet me and I will show you why I like the SS so much.

Here we go - See, crippler22 I tried to be nice. Sure, I joked around a bit but I really didn't mean any harm. But now you're trying to play the wits game and be self-righteous and play reverse child psychology games at the same time, which isn't working. Do you want to know why? Because you lost all credibility when you made this teenage comment:

"I am not until someone starts talkin trash on my car."

You didn't sound like a mature, responsible husband and father when you made that comment - you sounded like the redneck hot rod character in that half-assed 55' Chevy Harrison Ford played in the movie 'American Graffiti'.

Here's where you also lose credibility and maturity points:

Here is my kill list to date. What is yours?

WRX (with exhaust)
CL-S (5 speed auto)
2 350Z's (6 speeds)
Mustang Mach 1 (70's era)
Chevelle SS 396
94 Corvette (auto)
Cobalt SS supercharged
Regal GS supercharged (pulley, intake and exhaust)
Eldorado touring coupe
Mustang GT (4.6, 5 speed)
Nissan Altima SE (3.5 Auto)
Camaro Z28 (LS1, 6speed)
BMW 328

You have a "kill list"? Does that sound like a law abiding father? Does that sound like a protective husband? I'm afraid not. Does your wife know you're 'killing' cars in the street with the same car you use to transport your family in? I'll bet she doesn't have a clue - I'll bet she doesn't know when you tell her you're going down to the corner store to get some milk and bread you're really up on the interstate looking for heavy, out dated, has been cars with low compression, engine blow by, and worn out suspension to 'kill' so you can boost your ego for a few minutes.

You keep chasing after cars with smaller engines too - what's the deal with that? If your car is so fast and amazing why don't I see any REAL cars on your list like a 7 series BMW or a Mercedes of the same comparable size to your Impala SS? Because they would melt the Chevrolet badge right off of your trunk lid and the grill of your car. To even compare your small block V8 to our V6 cars only lets me know that you know most American cars are inferior to foreign cars. You don't have to take my word for it - ask the executive board of Ford and Chevy. Two mega corporations that are laying off employees by the thousands, bankrupt, and practically paying people to take their cars off of dealership parking lots.

Lets be real. You want to have a fair comparison? Then put a V6 Impala against a V6 CL S. Not so willing to do that are you? Hell, I could buy a stock 1969 Dodge Dart GTS with a 440 cubic inch engine that would stomp your Impala SS into an early grave. But would I actually want a peice of garbage like that? No. Lets see what someone else has to say about the Impala SS:

Where's the sport in the Super Sport? (new Impala SS)

In some respects it resembles the mid-1990s second-generation Lumina sedan. And the front end strongly resembles those of the current Honda Accord and the mid-90s Toyota Camry. But recently I also began to recognize the smooth round contours, low nose, and ample hindquarters of the Chrysler Sebring coupe. Coincidence? Maybe not. The man in charge of designing Chevrolet's cars at the time of the latest Impala's creation, Bryan Nesbitt, used to work at Chrysler. At any rate, rounder contours and a marginally higher roofline will lead many to perceive the new car as smaller, even though (aside from height) major dimensions remain within fractions of a inch of where they were before. All in all, an improved design that will likely attract far fewer people.

The new interior has a tidies appearance than the old one, with more precise fits and a more refined, more up-to-date ambiance. Still nothing remotely leading-edge here. What I'm trying to say is that the new interior could not be more boring. And this was the SS, with leather trim. The darker leather might help a touch, but nothing inside the car suggests its sporty mission. No sport, much less "super sport."

The only distinctive aspect of the design is a small bump in the instrument panel top in front of the passenger to mimic that in front of the driver. It's prominent enough to be noticed, but not prominent enough to lend character to the interior.

One aspect I could not get used to during my test drive. As in many current cars, a gear indicator for the automatic transmission is located in the instrument cluster. Uniquely, Chevrolet has decided that this renders a gear indicator in the traditional location, next to the shifter, unnecessarily redundant. So there is none. Not a functional problem, as one would be redundant, but my eye kept noticing that something was missing.

The SS has the same seat as the other Impalas, and thus could use more lateral support for aggressive driving. I suppose they expect people who like to drive aggressively in turns to buy the more compact Pontiac.

Front and rear the armrests are hard and narrow, with cheap-looking and -feeling black plastic around the overly shallow, overly square door pulls. Passengers won't be using these door pulls to hold themselves in place when the driver gets feisty. I suppose they'll just bounce around the interior. I've noticed bare-bones door panels in many recent cars. Is it so hard to include a nice-looking door panel with real hand grips? Mazda somehow managed to with the Protege5 I bought new for $13,400 with leather, sunroof, and ABS.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, the Impala SS's handling is at best mildly sporty. The moderately firm, generally numb steering reacts more quickly than I expected just off center, such that it slightly redeems itself. Cornering is fairly flat and reasonably balanced, but bumps mid-turn upset the composure of the chassis. The Goodyear Eagle RS-A's start protesting earlier than they ought, so pushing the car even a bit is likely to attract unwanted attention.

Ride quality is just okay for a large sedan. Bumps register more than in most large and even midsize sedans these days, with an unexpected amount of head toss over patchy pavement. Though far from loud, the Impala isn't as quiet as I expected it to be, with quite a bit of wind rush about the A-pillars at highway speeds. The compact Cobalt I drove earlier the same day felt quieter, smoother, and generally more solid.

I went to the Chevrolet dealer expecting a much more enjoyable car. The SS is pretty much just a standard-issue Chevrolet sedan with a V8 under the hood. The bland interior is especially disappointing. From behind the wheel little about the car feels sporty, while quite a bit feels "rental." The sleeker but less distinctive exterior also won't win the car many sales. All in all a disappointing car that makes more sense in LS or LT trim.

epinions.com

Here's what Car and Driver said:

The SS’s quicker acceleration can likely be traced to its shorter final-drive ratio (3.29:1 vs. 2.93). It’s also interesting to note that this level of acceleration is accomplished with a four-speed automatic — that’s called making the most of what you’ve got. But despite this performance, the Impala isn’t convincing as a sports sedan.

Part of the reason the Impala SS feels so uncomfortable with the V-8’s power is that it doesn’t benefit from all the chassis tweaks bestowed on the Grand Prix GXP. Opt for the Chevy, and you don’t get the Pontiac’s wider front wheels and sticky Bridgestone tires, Bilstein shocks, and larger brakes. Although the SS’s chassis gets its own special anti-roll bars, bushings, and shock and spring rates, the suspension simply monkeys around too much.

Any sporting input is foiled by a mess of undamped and uncontrolled body motions. Dive, squat, and roll control could be described as nautical. Hit the firm, easily modulated brake pedal hard, and the SS’s nose dives toward the pavement. A stop from 70 mph used up only 172 feet, a couple of feet better than the larger-braked GXP could muster.

On the skidpad, the SS clung to the tune of 0.81 g — only 0.01 g less than the summer-tire-equipped GXP. Reality: The Impala leaned over far enough to be included in Who’s Who in Body Roll. Making the roll feel even more pronounced are flat, unsupportive, and slippery leather seats that require the driver to brace against the door.

One upside of the flabbiness is that the highway ride is compliant and never jarring; unfortunately, the Jell-O–like suspension keeps the body moving, and speed only exacerbates the problem. Impressed by the 154-mph top speed? Driving the SS at that speed is scary enough to be a stunt on NBC’s Fear Factor. Judged by the numbers, the SS looks like high performance, but experience tells another story.

Car and Driver.com

Old 12-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by USURPER

The 2007 Impala SS.

Still ugly as fuck and the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu looks just like it.
I really hope I get a chance to race you. Cause your gonna get your ignorant ass handed to you. You have no class. But what should I expect from someone who drives a field car.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Allout
This is one of the more entertaining threads that I've come across in a while.

I tried to warn crippler22 a.k.a. 'Father Knows Best'. He didn't know what he was getting into.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
sorry but i really don't know how chevy could bring back that name with none of the style. i mean come on this '61 might have been slow but talk about some style. i would sell the CL in a heartbeat if i could afford this car (the '61 not the '07), sorry

now chevy brings you this plastic piece. chevy loves the plastic cheap interior look and it shows in all of the newer cars: GTO, impala, camaro, corvette even (sadly)

and come on someone has to live near this guy.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:37 PM
I SMELL NAWZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the Impala SS styling should not be a consideration when in a comparison on a biased acura site. that tide can easily go both ways.

The Impala SS is faster then the majority of the CL's on this site Type S or not

and from what it seems like who ever has a friend who passed up a Impala SS in his celica GT-s... the Impala was either not a super sport or you just did a ricer fly by.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I SMELL NAWZ

Originally Posted by USURPER
He said "Do you have Onstar?" :theghey:

Okay, look. Forget about horsepower, forget about torque forget about everything else. I could so seriously clown you and your mother-in-law's Impala SS but I'm not because I don't want to get banned from this website for leaving such horrendous gashes in your ego. Just think about this: You're in South Beach on a Friday night and it's about 1:30 in the morning. You take your Impala SS and line up with a guy in a CL3.2 Type S on the A1A strip. You blow his doors off when the light turns green. Do you think some hot, Jennifer Lopez-looking latino chick is going look over at her girlfriend and say:

"Hey, that Impala SS sure is fast. I wanna get with that dude."

Hell nah. Not going to happen man. Here's how the conversation would really go:

Hot latino girl #1: "Damn! Who the hell is that racing their grandma's car?"

Hot Latino girl #2: "I dunno but that dude in the satin silver Acura is fine as HELL! I wanna roll with that papi!"

Never in my life have I ever seen a hot chick in the passenger seat or the driver's seat of an Impala - at least not the downsized, nutored 90's version. I don't even care about the performance of your SS. The car is just ugly and unappealing to me. The only thing that's really important is you're happy with what you paid for. Don't listen to us anal retentive Acura owners.

your a funny guy thinking up situations about picking up girls
Old 12-12-2006, 09:49 PM
I SMELL NAWZ

Hey no hard feelings bro..

I am just saying by looking at the GT-S leaving 06 SS my jaws dropped and that makes me say that SS are slow..

CL-S will get it man 6 spds..

your a fool for putting all your eggs in one basket to determine the performance of 1 car.

I used to have a 3.0 CL with Full bolts on and i ran past a Super Sport Camaro once... i would be lying if i said i was faster
Old 12-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by distortedolskool
sorry but i really don't know how chevy could bring back that name with none of the style. i mean come on this '61 might have been slow but talk about some style. i would sell the CL in a heartbeat if i could afford this car (the '61 not the '07), sorry

now chevy brings you this plastic piece. chevy loves the plastic cheap interior look and it shows in all of the newer cars: GTO, impala, camaro, corvette even (sadly)

and come on someone has to live near this guy.
Plastic interior funny thing is than when my friend ,who owns a CL-S, and I went and drove the 07 TL-S He agreed that the Impala and the TL's interior were made of the same quality plastics. Though the TL's dash was more sporty in appearance. Also all but 3 of the races on the kill list were on the strip not the road where you seem to be doing all of your races. A girl in a ES300 come on why don't you race Solstice GXP or something sporty. Also, my wife does know when I have the SS out there is a chance I may race it, but I never race when she or the kids are in the car. As far as finding someone around here to race me in a CL-S the only CL-S's around here are owned by men and women in their 50's except for my friend but I already beat him from a stop by 4 cars and from a roll by 1 to 2 cars depending what speed we start from. I will say that the 5 speed auto with sport shift is nice when its not comming apart. From a roll holding 2nd gear the CL-S is strong and pulls hard thru the end of 3rd. If he leaves it drive and lets the tranny shift I take him by 3 cars. My old school 4 speed tranny seems to be able to out shift your high tech 5 speed. Also as for the handling of the Impala SS I know that isn't its strong point as C&D stated. Then again I didn't buy it to autocross, but at 130 mph the SS felt very comfortable. In any case I am done here you think my SS is ugly but fast I think your CL-S is unassuming but a decent car. This barrage of typing will not change that.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:34 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by SanJoseRoller
the Impala SS styling should not be a consideration when in a comparison on a biased acura site. that tide can easily go both ways.

The Impala SS is faster then the majority of the CL's on this site Type S or not

and from what it seems like who ever has a friend who passed up a Impala SS in his celica GT-s... the Impala was either not a super sport or you just did a ricer fly by.

Anyone who likes the styling of the Impala SS better than the CL needs some art design classes and a good smack in the kisser. That's just crazy.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Also, my wife does know when I have the SS out there is a chance I may race it, but I never race when she or the kids are in the car.
Here's some food for thought:
You never race when your wife or kids are in the car. I would guess that your reason for that is to protect your family as a good father would.

You do realize whether they are in the car or not, if something tragic happens while you're racing, you will affect your family. There is no amount of life insurance that will replace you as their father. If you get busted for racing, you will take away some of the luxuries that you could afford to make your families life easier.

I'm not preaching to you and not telling you not to race. Just don't be naive and think racing when your wife or kids are not in the car makes you a responsible parent.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
and with those pearls of wisdom [ ] this thread must come to a close.