CL S v.s. Accord V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL S v.s. Accord V6

As if it wasn't bad enough - I'm being chased by some chick in a 2006 Malibu here comes this dude in a black slice of pizza-shaped two door Accord V6 crosses over four lanes to sit in the lane next to me. I changed lanes to let the chick in the Malibu pass by because I knew we were approaching an area where State Troopers love to pick us civilians off. As she's charging up like like she's Dale Earnhardt, and I see the cost is clear of cops I gun it and let her feel the wrath of the VTEC. She simply couldn't keep up. I think the limiter on that peice of junk shuts the engine down around 95mph.

I'm not through yet - the dude in the Accord is slowing pulling on me, so I switch over to manual and downshift to 4th. I'm approaching 105 to 110 and I'm slowly losing this dude until he finally decides to back all the way off. I gave him another shot a ways down the highway. I even slowed down in the lane next to him and he wouldn't even line up with me.

He just hung right behind me the rest of the way until I took my exit. Punk.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
///M Power

yea thats happened many times with me also...on either side, weather your in front or behind and you want to line up for a fair race, they just back off...hahaha and are malibu's really limited to 95mph?? i remember that was the car i learned on in driving school years ago, slowest thing ive ever drove hahaha

nice kill(s) though, i have yet to line up with an av6
Old 12-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SkillmatiC
yea thats happened many times with me also...on either side, weather your in front or behind and you want to line up for a fair race, they just back off...hahaha and are malibu's really limited to 95mph?? i remember that was the car i learned on in driving school years ago, slowest thing ive ever drove hahaha

nice kill(s) though, i have yet to line up with an av6
You know many GM and Ford cars with the limiter sign off around 95 to 110mph. This woman was gaining on me like mad, she got about a headlight on me when I got on the accelerator, then all of a sudden it's like she hit a brick wall and faded off.

What's funny is the limiter in my CL2.2 wouldn't kick in and gag my engine until it hit 7400rpm but that was just in THIRD gear. Upshift to 4th and it just keeps pulling.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

Was the chick hot??
Old 12-08-2006, 01:58 AM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by AcuracltypeS03
Was the chick hot??
i doubt it if he was trying to get away from her so fast
Old 12-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VXCL
i doubt it if he was trying to get away from her so fast
Now come on. What hot chick do you know of that would waste money on a 2006 Chevy Malibu? She was probably somebody's mom, and NO she wasn't hot.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by USURPER
You know many GM and Ford cars with the limiter sign off around 95 to 110mph. This woman was gaining on me like mad, she got about a headlight on me when I got on the accelerator, then all of a sudden it's like she hit a brick wall and faded off.

What's funny is the limiter in my CL2.2 wouldn't kick in and gag my engine until it hit 7400rpm but that was just in THIRD gear. Upshift to 4th and it just keeps pulling.
First off the Malibu if its not an SS will shut off at 105 to 108 mph the SS is like 120 mph. GM shuts its trucks off at 95 to 100 mph. Please tell me you are not racing in a 2.2 CL against an av6 unless its heavily modded of course.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Banned

Now come on. What hot chick do you know of that would waste money on a 2006 Chevy Malibu? She was probably somebody's mom, and NO she wasn't hot.
Aww snap..
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by crippler22
First off the Malibu if its not an SS will shut off at 105 to 108 mph the SS is like 120 mph. GM shuts its trucks off at 95 to 100 mph. Please tell me you are not racing in a 2.2 CL against an av6 unless its heavily modded of course.
02' CL 3.2 Type S

Like I said before, GM and Ford cars shut down around 95 to 105. SS models and other limited edition models of econo boxes don't count. I'm only talking about the run-of-the-mill GM and Ford cars.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
he said CL S, first gens didnt have the type-s
Old 12-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
The last Impala I raced was some dude that had a spoiler on it. It wasn't close. never had to take it out of third gear.... he tried to keep up but when you are football fields behind....it's kida hard.........
Old 12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
The last Impala I raced was some dude that had a spoiler on it. It wasn't close. never had to take it out of third gear.... he tried to keep up but when you are football fields behind....it's kida hard.........
Thats funny the last race I had against a CL-S ended with a similar result. My Impala SS won by 4 cars. I do know what you mean the Impala's with the 3.4 and 3.5 v-6's are pretty slow. Really no contest for a CL-S.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
I dunno if you are stock or not....but I am running with intake and headers...I have to be carefull when using SS cause if I don't shift it at the right time I bounce off the rev limiter (did that once already) as it hits redline MUCH quicker now......
Old 12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Banned

My friend with 00 GT-S won the Impala SS..
Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Instructor

My friend with 00 GT-S won the Impala SS..
What GT-S are you talking about? The 2000 Celica GT-S?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Banned

Yes..
Old 12-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Instructor

Yes..
What was done to it because the performance data I saw on the 6speed Celica GT-S was slow. I would not waste the gas on one with my Impala SS.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:07 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,095 Posts
My friend used to have a GT-S w/ AEM CAI and ACT Clutch and that thing pulled like crazy. Felt A LOT faster than the numbers that mags were getting. He also blew the engine at 20,000 miles, so he drove it HARD. I wouldn't be surprised if rolling the GT-S would keep up with the SS, but from a dead stop the SS would have the advantage of torque.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

I promise u guys..

He did smoked it..GT-S are light as hell...

Why would i lie to ya??
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Excuse me people but..ummmmmm...my personal opinion of this whole deal is this: Whether it's a regular Impala or an Impala SS the car is ugly and unappealing inside and out. I believe in a car being a COMPLETE automobile, which means the looks of the car must be as appealing as the performance. A car is worthless to me either way - whether it just looks good but is slow as hell or looks like garbage but runs like a bat out of hell, particularly, if you're young and single. Now, if you're some dude that's married with kids and you want the dual purpose family hauler for the weekdays and cruiser for the weekends, then that's cool. But if you're some dude in his early 20's to early 30's bragging about smoking somebody in a box that ain't cool.

Boxes like the Impala, the Cobalt, the Neon SRT-4 (yeah I meant what I said) and cars like that are a waste of time unless you're a teenager or some adult with bad credit and can only afford those kinds of econo performance cars. Now, don't get me wrong - if that's all you can afford that's fine. I have no problem with that. Just don't come up to me with a factory modified crate and think I'm going to do this:

Y'all have a nice day.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Instructor

Excuse me people but..ummmmmm...my personal opinion of this whole deal is this: Whether it's a regular Impala or an Impala SS the car is ugly and unappealing inside and out. I believe in a car being a COMPLETE automobile, which means the looks of the car must be as appealing as the performance. A car is worthless to me either way - whether it just looks good but is slow as hell or looks like garbage but runs like a bat out of hell, particularly, if you're young and single. Now, if you're some dude that's married with kids and you want the dual purpose family hauler for the weekdays and cruiser for the weekends, then that's cool. But if you're some dude in his early 20's to early 30's bragging about smoking somebody in a box that ain't cool.

Boxes like the Impala, the Cobalt, the Neon SRT-4 (yeah I meant what I said) and cars like that are a waste of time unless you're a teenager or some adult with bad credit and can only afford those kinds of econo performance cars. Now, don't get me wrong - if that's all you can afford that's fine. I have no problem with that. Just don't come up to me with a factory modified crate and think I'm going to do this:

Y'all have a nice day.
You talk alot of trash but your mouth is bigger than your motor. Looks are based on opinion, but the fact is in the numbers, a stock 06 Impala SS will hand your ass to you and 85 percent of the other CL-S's save 15 percent for those who truely know how to drive and modify their cars. Fortunately for you the only thing you have to look at on an Impala SS is it's taillights. I know the SS is not the fastest thing on the road or the best performance vehicle, but it is capeable and has alot of potential.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:43 PM
sabbas

Thumbs down you're kidding...right?

You talk alot of trash but your mouth is bigger than your motor. Looks are based on opinion, but the fact is in the numbers, a stock 06 Impala SS will hand your ass to you and 85 percent of the other CL-S's save 15 percent for those who truely know how to drive and modify their cars. Fortunately for you the only thing you have to look at on an Impala SS is it's taillights. I know the SS is not the fastest thing on the road or the best performance vehicle, but it is capeable and has alot of potential.

to the chevy impala owner....not.... seriously dude...you must be kidding...how could you even put your impala with its 18 year old platform, with big really oldschool V8 and a freaken 4 speed auto....dude...no one uses four speeds anymore...that technology, or lack of, is extremely outdated. yea any 5.3 liter v8 can make a car go, but i assure you if honda built a 5.3 liter v8 it wouldnt only make 303 horsepower, oh yeah their v6 in the MDX makes 300. i am sorry to tell you that you spent 26 grand on an 18 year old platform, why didnt you just buy a 1988 chevy and put a v8 in it....you could even keep that cars original 4 speed auto, cuz its the same unit. pushrod engines ....hah. dude listen...you're stuck in the 80's....dont bash anyone until you get rid of your mullet, and your ciggerette pack in your sleeve. you ride up to a fine restaurant and ask the valet to park your car and they're going to wish it was an acura. CAN anyone ever imagine chevy building a superultralow emissions vehicle with some balls....i cant. dude...i would sell that chevy ASAP cuz in two years it will be worth 5 grand...which is the amount of money that my grandma should have spent on your chevy...come on dude...seriously the suspension on that car sux, nice .81 skidpad pull....woah...that wouldnt even spill the coffee in my cupholder....seriously dude....i never talk sh1t about other people's cars....but when a chevy owner tries to tell me his ride has more wow factor, i cant get past the fact that chevy usually has to give cars away to get them off their lots. sorry...you lose!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:57 PM
sabbas

oh yea....almost forget.... your engine makes 53 hp/liter....wheres the technology in that design .... s-types from 2003 made 81hp/liter...oh yea and acuras rsx makes over 100hp/liter....this just reaffirms the fact that chevy is stuck in the 80's and cannot make cars that are competitive in the market...thanks...ill waive to you as i pass by the nearest chevy service center when your car blows a headgasket or something, maybe a carbeurator (chevy still uses them right?)
Old 12-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Banned

, but the fact is in the numbers, a stock 06 Impala SS will hand your ass to you and 85 percent of the other CL-S's save 15 percent for those who truely know how to drive and modify their cars..
Dude i acutally laughed at this one

Old 12-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Instructor

You guys think that a push rod V-8 is no tech. My V-8 with a 4 speed auto gets 28 mpg on the highway and 18 mpg around town on 87 octane gas. The 07 TL-S gets the same 28 highway mpg with a V-6 and a 6 speed manual on 93 octane. Do the math on cost of ownership. Where is your technology. Maybe if it ain't broke don't fixit isn't so bad. Say what you want but my engine is detuned to 303 horse power your motors are trying hard to make 260 horse. Add the fact that my LS4 makes 100 ft/lbs more torque than your cars and can run on 4 cylinders when 8 are not needed does any Acura do that? NO! Do you have onstar. Where is that technology? You make fun of my 18 year old platform but the funny thing is that it kicks your CL-S ass all over the road. You also talk about quality but why is it that the two people I know with Acuras have had MULTIPLE tranny replacements. And my friends domestic suv with 90k miles is more reliable than his 70k mile CL-S.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Not a doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^
if you're so prejudiced against our cars, what are you doing on an acura forum?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RYANGP
^^^^
if you're so prejudiced against our cars, what are you doing on an acura forum?
I am not until someone starts talkin trash on my car. I like my friends CL-S its a nice car but I do like my Impala SS better for me.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Instructor

You guys think that a push rod V-8 is no tech. My V-8 with a 4 speed auto gets 28 mpg on the highway and 18 mpg around town on 87 octane gas. The 07 TL-S gets the same 28 highway mpg with a V-6 and a 6 speed manual on 93 octane. Do the math on cost of ownership. Where is your technology. Maybe if it ain't broke don't fixit isn't so bad. Say what you want but my engine is detuned to 303 horse power your motors are trying hard to make 260 horse. Add the fact that my LS4 makes 100 ft/lbs more torque than your cars and can run on 4 cylinders when 8 are not needed does any Acura do that? NO! Do you have onstar. Where is that technology? You make fun of my 18 year old platform but the funny thing is that it kicks your CL-S ass all over the road. You also talk about quality but why is it that the two people I know with Acuras have had MULTIPLE tranny replacements. And my friends domestic suv with 90k miles is more reliable than his 70k mile CL-S.

He said "Do you have Onstar?" :theghey:

Okay, look. Forget about horsepower, forget about torque forget about everything else. I could so seriously clown you and your mother-in-law's Impala SS but I'm not because I don't want to get banned from this website for leaving such horrendous gashes in your ego. Just think about this: You're in South Beach on a Friday night and it's about 1:30 in the morning. You take your Impala SS and line up with a guy in a CL3.2 Type S on the A1A strip. You blow his doors off when the light turns green. Do you think some hot, Jennifer Lopez-looking latino chick is going look over at her girlfriend and say:

"Hey, that Impala SS sure is fast. I wanna get with that dude."

Hell nah. Not going to happen man. Here's how the conversation would really go:

Hot latino girl #1: "Damn! Who the hell is that racing their grandma's car?"

Hot Latino girl #2: "I dunno but that dude in the satin silver Acura is fine as HELL! I wanna roll with that papi!"

Never in my life have I ever seen a hot chick in the passenger seat or the driver's seat of an Impala - at least not the downsized, nutored 90's version. I don't even care about the performance of your SS. The car is just ugly and unappealing to me. The only thing that's really important is you're happy with what you paid for. Don't listen to us anal retentive Acura owners.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:18 AM
B8 S4

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLs w/ the Acura Navi have onstar...
Old 12-12-2006, 06:20 AM
Instructor

Usurper you suprise me for your age you talk like your 18. Using picking up girls as a meter of how good a car is. The hot latino girl is going to want to ride with me because of me not my car. The fact that I beat you was just a bonus. Also if you think the CL-S is going to help get the girl you better stand in line because there are alot of cars that make the CL-S and my SS look like Grandpa cars. The truth is that the Impala SS is the best car for me and my family. My wife drives it everyday and it has room for the children. It was chosen for the whole package. If we didn't have kids there would be a GTO sitting in my garage and we wouldn't have had this wonderful conversation. Tahts why I like the Impala SS its a sleeper. Just like the guy on here with the AV6 that is fast as hell but looks like an Accord with just wheels and tires. I got an idea you live in Florida I am going to Naples,FL this Easter. Why don't you meet me and I will show you why I like the SS so much.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by scuc
CLs w/ the Acura Navi have onstar...
I didn't know that. Did you know that onstar is GM designed, owned and operated.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

Dude wtf is wrong with and ur impala..??

I ma say it again Impala is ugly and slo.. the only ones i like are 93-95 years models..It will never output our acura CL-S i take my life on that one..
Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

Usurper you suprise me for your age you talk like your 18. Using picking up girls as a meter of how good a car is. The hot latino girl is going to want to ride with me because of me not my car. The fact that I beat you was just a bonus. Also if you think the CL-S is going to help get the girl you better stand in line because there are alot of cars that make the CL-S and my SS look like Grandpa cars. The truth is that the Impala SS is the best car for me and my family. My wife drives it everyday and it has room for the children. It was chosen for the whole package. If we didn't have kids there would be a GTO sitting in my garage and we wouldn't have had this wonderful conversation. Tahts why I like the Impala SS its a sleeper. Just like the guy on here with the AV6 that is fast as hell but looks like an Accord with just wheels and tires. I got an idea you live in Florida I am going to Naples,FL this Easter. Why don't you meet me and I will show you why I like the SS so much.
Ok u got a kids and a wife and trying to say that ur SS will output our CL-S.. I just told u my friend with 00 GT-S left one so bad and it was a mom that was tryin to race my friends.. I get it u got kids and wife ok but u shouldnt be talking about SS will output our Acura's come one man... A lil GT-S with a 180 hp output ur SS.. Yes i know there are alot of more cars that is better than ours but its just not ur Impala SS sry bro..
Old 12-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Instructor

Ok u got a kids and a wife and trying to say that ur SS will output our CL-S.. I just told u my friend with 00 GT-S left one so bad and it was a mom that was tryin to race my friends.. I get it u got kids and wife ok but u shouldnt be talking about SS will output our Acura's come one man... A lil GT-S with a 180 hp output ur SS.. Yes i know there are alot of more cars that is better than ours but its just not ur Impala SS sry bro..
You have no idea what your talking about. I could care less about how you feel about the Impala SS. I do now that your out of your mind if you think a CL-S can beat an Impala SS, unless the CL-S has NOS or is supercharged. If you want a girlie car you buy a GT-S which may have beat the SS, I am not going to say you are lying. If that is the case the GT-S will destroy a CL-S. I have raced many cars with the SS I have won more than I lost and all were fast cars. I will post my kill list. See if your CL-S can hang with my kill list!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Instructor

Here is my kill list to date. What is yours?
WRX (with exhaust)
CL-S (5 speed auto)
2 350Z's (6 speeds)
Mustang Mach 1 (70's era)
Chevelle SS 396
94 Corvette (auto)
Cobalt SS supercharged
Regal GS supercharged (pulley, intake and exhaust)
Eldorado touring coupe
Mustang GT (4.6, 5 speed)
Nissan Altima SE (3.5 Auto)
Camaro Z28 (LS1, 6speed)
BMW 328
Old 12-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned

Hey no hard feelings bro..

I am just saying by looking at the GT-S leaving 06 SS my jaws dropped and that makes me say that SS are slow..

CL-S will get it man 6 spds..
Old 12-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Banned

Here is my kill list to date. What is yours?
WRX (with exhaust)
CL-S (5 speed auto)
2 350Z's (6 speeds)
Mustang Mach 1 (70's era)
Chevelle SS 396
94 Corvette (auto)
Cobalt SS supercharged
Regal GS supercharged (pulley, intake and exhaust)
Eldorado touring coupe
Mustang GT (4.6, 5 speed)
Nissan Altima SE (3.5 Auto)
Camaro Z28 (LS1, 6speed)
BMW 328
Dude i kill all of them except 350Z i never ran one and R32..
Old 12-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Banned

My car is not on the streets now its under construction..
Old 12-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Banned

Standard and available safety features include ABS, traction control and side-curtain roof rail air bags on Impala. A new family of premium-feature V-6 engines, which include variable valve timing to optimize performance and economy, is standard in the LS, LT and LTZ models, with LS and LT models receiving a new 3.5L V-6 that produces 211 (157 kw) horsepower and 214 lb.-ft. (290 Nm) of torque. Standard in LTZ and available in LT models is a new 242-horsepower (180 kw)* 3.9L V-6 built on the same architecture as the 3.5L engine, but with additional features such as variable intake technology.

The unique Impala SS is powered by the all-new 5.3L small-block V-8 with Displacement on Demand (DOD) technology, which regulates between eight-cylinder and four-cylinder operation and provides up to 8 percent improved fuel economy in certain light-load driving conditions. The 5.3L small-block V-8 is rated at 303 horsepower (226 kw) and 323 lb.-ft. (438 Nm) of torque.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Banned

Standard and available safety features include ABS, traction control and side-curtain roof rail air bags on Impala. A new family of premium-feature V-6 engines, which include variable valve timing to optimize performance and economy, is standard in the LS, LT and LTZ models, with LS and LT models receiving a new 3.5L V-6 that produces 211 (157 kw) horsepower and 214 lb.-ft. (290 Nm) of torque. Standard in LTZ and available in LT models is a new 242-horsepower (180 kw)* 3.9L V-6 built on the same architecture as the 3.5L engine, but with additional features such as variable intake technology.

The unique Impala SS is powered by the all-new 5.3L small-block V-8 with Displacement on Demand (DOD) technology, which regulates between eight-cylinder and four-cylinder operation and provides up to 8 percent improved fuel economy in certain light-load driving conditions. The 5.3L small-block V-8 is rated at 303 horsepower (226 kw) and 323 lb.-ft. (438 Nm) of torque.

2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS
BASE PRICE: $26,990
AS TESTED: $29,610
OUTPUT: 303 hp @ 5600 rpm, 323 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
DRIVETRAIN: 5.3-liter V8; fwd, four-speed automatic
CURB WEIGHT: 3712 lbs.
FUEL ECONOMY (EPA combined/AW observed): 21.44/18.37

Quick Reply: CL S v.s. Accord V6