CL-s 6sp Vs. BMW330ci

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002 | 07:12 PM
I love my CL-S

Originally posted by SiGGy

but we were comparing cars, NOT WHAT I CAN AFFORD. grow up
haha..you shut your dirty asshole..you were the one who is saying "WE" cant afford the 330

check your previous post stupid mofo:sqntfawk:
Old 03-21-2002 | 07:14 PM
I love my CL-S

because they are choosing ignorance....

the 330i is a much better car

end of story. They just can't afford it. A BMW is a drivers car. It drives awesome. A CLS is a cheap FWD, cut corners during build, pack in as much to make it marketable...

BMW is a ton nicer... they just don't want to admit it yet...

heh, mabye they never will.

blah blah..here you go..you said it first loser:P
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:01 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by JZ
I actually had to ask the salesman if the material was the leather or leatherette!!
LOL--when I checked out the 330 when it came out, I had to ask the same thing (I was trying to determine if the side of the seat were real leather as I was sitting in it--couldn't tell by touch).

That's why I hate when the car mags all say that the 330 is 5k mroe than the CLS--yes, the sticker for the car with nothing in it--but some some options on it and you are 10k or more above the CLS.
Yeah, that bugs me too. They talk about a $5k difference or whatever, but that's with the unlivable synthetic seat covering, no sport or premium package, and on down the line. When you go to the website and add most of what the CL comes with standard, you start to wonder why you'd pay in the 40's for that little car.
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:15 PM
Banned

ummm

I didn't say I wanted a 330i I just said it was nicer... And I didn't want to spend the extra $ when I was purchasing my CLS. but at least im honest. and I'm From Chicago, They have a few mercedes there. And a good friend owns a AMG Sl500. another a SLK, and a bunch of friends own bimmers, my friends 323I is constructed better than our CLS.

and my CLS is going to be gone, for a new M roadtser. So shaddup

but we were comparing cars, NOT WHAT I CAN AFFORD. grow up
Yeah...I better grow up and buy an overpriced german car...Whatever...youre the one that keeps telling me what I should think fucknut....and have fun with your M roadster...cuz I'll rip it a new asshole with my miata....but wait...your M is german built so it must be better...
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS

haha..you shut your dirty asshole..you were the one who is saying "WE" cant afford the 330

check your previous post stupid mofo:sqntfawk:
actually... i said i didnt wat to spend that much at the time...
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:24 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Yeah...I better grow up and buy an overpriced german car...Whatever...youre the one that keeps telling me what I should think fucknut....and have fun with your M roadster...cuz I'll rip it a new asshole with my miata....but wait...your M is german built so it must be better...

lol, the miata is a bitch ride. i dont care how fast it is.

i can fire a piece of shit out a cannon at 500mph... its still a POS.

and no, i was just stating that BMWs are nicer than Acuras...
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:25 PM
Banned

lol, the miata is a bitch ride. i dont cae how fast it is.

i can fire a piece of shit out a cannon at 500mph... its still a POS.
And such is the BMW....you're just mad cuz you need tp spend 60K for a car....when I can spend (assuming a brand new one) 30k....be faster, corner better....and be just as comfortable as your MIGHTY M....
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

And such is the BMW....you're just mad cuz you need tp spend 60K for a car....when I can spend (assuming a brand new one) 30k....be faster, corner better....and be just as comfortable as your MIGHTY M....
excuse me?

the M roadster is 45k
its 315hp
and it way outhandles the miata
13.2's 1/4 mile and less than 5 sec 0-60
and out classes it

bring on your miata, lets race stock vs stock
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Isn't it great how BMW can airbrush the crap out of pictures of their cars...trust me, after a month..it no longer looks that untouched.....
Would you like pictures of a three year old E46 328i, the interior still looks that fresh. I find that it really takes experience with a vehicle to learn their true value such as with detailing your own vehicles.

By wiping down the interior you get a good feel for the refinement and IMO the BMW wins.

As some have seen by some pics I have taken, I have a fairly steep driveway which requires you to descend at an angle when nearing the street. The puts a strain on the chassis since two opposite points are taking the majority of the load. My CL-S creaks when this transition is taken (my GTP was worse) but the BMW is silent.

My personal feeling (and I do drive the CL-S more often) is that Honda/Acura made a wonderful engine and put it in a good package. The BMW has a wonderful chassis with a good (albeit wonderfully smooth) engine. Interiors wise it depends on tastes.
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:34 PM
Banned

excuse me?

the M roadster is 45k
its 315hp
and it way outhandles the miata
13.2's 1/4 mile and less than 5 sec 0-60
and out classes it

bring on your miata, lets race stock vs stock
Now why do I need to race stock with you when I can get a turbo kit...and Racing beat suspension....to make it 'more' fair...since your car comes from the factory tuned. And if you try to buy an M roadster and get it for 45K...i must congratulate you...you must have blown the sales manager very well.
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:35 PM
I love my CL-S

The roadster is 46k+ not 45k
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:38 PM
Intermediate

I just got back from a test drive of the CL-S 6 speed and I must say it is a very nice automobile. Acura did a great job with the shifter and clutch. Very easy and enjoyable to drive. I was worried about the torque steer, but I only sensed a very little bit.
I must also say though, that I feel the 330ci drove and handled better. Granted it is a more expensive car, but I also felt better driving the BMW. (If that makes sense). The interior of the BMW also looks richer. The BMW's leather is just as poor as the Acura's leather seats. By the way, can someone tell me why they put those damn little holes in the leather seats? My MDX has them also and the leather cleaner gets stuck in them. The BMW is just a more refined and better balanced car. As I stated before, the BMW is more expensive, but the monthly lease payment is only a little over $100 a month more counting the sport, premium, and cold weather packages. I feel the car is worth at lease that much more. I will not drive this car in the snow since I have a MDX for that purpose so the front wheel drive means nothing to me. Thank You for all the comments.

Jerry
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS
The roadster is 46k+ not 45k
heh, true true

45k is what im paying
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Now why do I need to race stock with you when I can get a turbo kit...and Racing beat suspension....to make it 'more' fair...since your car comes from the factory tuned. And if you try to buy an M roadster and get it for 45K...i must congratulate you...you must have blown the sales manager very well.
lmao

whatever man

have you ever looked at them?

I can get a 2001 with no miles for 41k (which is the same as the 2002) even 39 if you bargan.

<YAWN>

oh ya whats that? a supercharger for the M roadtser?

460hp? 3000lbs?

$$$ wins in this conversation... still miata suspenstion though
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:53 PM
Banned

lmao

whatever man

have you ever looked at them?

I can get a 2001 with no miles for 41k (which is the same as the 2002) even 39 if you bargan.

<YAWN>

oh ya whats that? a supercharger for the M roadtser?

460hp? 3000lbs?

$$$ wins in this conversation... still miata suspenstion though
Well, we seem to have dragged this far enough away from the initial topic...
Old 03-21-2002 | 09:01 PM
Drifting

3-series doesn't do it for me!
in so cal, everyone and their mother has one

Old 03-21-2002 | 09:16 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

I can appreciate the looks and handling of the 330 (although, I would have tweaked the sport suspension even tighter if I bought one), but, I can't for a second say that the dated, bland interior of the Bimmer is even better than our 30K Accord. Not to mention, our seats are 10 times as comfortable and supportive than the BMW seats.

I mean really, what is up with the console of the 330? It's like a big, giant plastic coin holder covering a hole. And, once again I have to say that I HAD TO ASK IF THE INTERIOR WAS LEATHER OR LEATHERETTE!! It didn't even smell of leather!!

Plus, post all the pictures of car interiors you want--I've seen plenty of brochures for Neons, Mitsubishis, Toyotas, Fords etc etc etc that look perfectly wonderful in the magazine--that's the job of the marketing people, to make them look good.

Yes, the BMW handles great. But, especially when the M3 is only 45K and you don't need to add that many options, I wouldn't even consider an overpriced 330.
Old 03-21-2002 | 09:25 PM
Intermediate

JZ
With all those extra add-ons under your sig, the 330ci and your car must be in the same price range. I guess your CL-S is just as overpriced.
Old 03-21-2002 | 09:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Well, we seem to have dragged this far enough away from the initial topic...
LMAO

ya no kiddin

peace out man
Old 03-21-2002 | 11:32 PM
Pro

Actually the Z3, M roadster & M coupe are all built here in the USA
Old 03-21-2002 | 11:39 PM
Pro

Re: 330i vs CLs

Originally posted by mhpellerin

I like the sport seats in the bimmer better than tha acura. They seem more supportive and have more room than the CL seats. I don't like the small and short bottom cusion on the CL
You hit the nail on the head there. The thigh support in CL
is lacking & I know the 3 series sport seats have an adjustable
thigh support & isn't a telescoping wheel standard ?

another $10k , RWD & all, the BMW ain't worth it though.

I'd rather spend the $10k on a used Miata or Stang convertible & mod the hell out of it for weekend fun!
Old 03-22-2002 | 10:45 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by cnatra

Actually the Z3, M roadster & M coupe are all built here in the USA
nope

the M versions are sent back to germany (and or built there) by the M folks... Im getting ready to buy one and I was reading the window sticker... I'll scan it after I get it...

all M's are made in germany.... Mz3 M3 M5 (suspension engine and drive train anyway)

the Z3 is made 100% here though...
Old 03-22-2002 | 12:23 PM
Pro

nope

the M versions are sent back to germany (and or built there) by the M folks... Im getting ready to buy one and I was reading the window sticker... I'll scan it after I get it...

all M's are made in germany.... Mz3 M3 M5 (suspension engine and drive train anyway)

the Z3 is made 100% here though...
Nope, the MZ3s are built in Spartanburg, SC along with the other Z3s and X5s. I have been to the factory. They have LHD M Coupes followed by 2.0L Z3 cabrios.

http://www.bmwusfactory.com/news/plant/Plants.htm

Most BMW motors are made in Munich, but the cars themselves, including MZ3 are assembled in separite facilities.
Old 03-22-2002 | 01:25 PM
Advanced

FYI:

2003 BMW 330ci will have valvetronic engine and will pump out more hp and torque and consume less fuel.
Old 03-22-2002 | 01:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by someguy

Nope, the MZ3s are built in Spartanburg, SC along with the other Z3s and X5s. I have been to the factory. They have LHD M Coupes followed by 2.0L Z3 cabrios.

http://www.bmwusfactory.com/news/plant/Plants.htm

Most BMW motors are made in Munich, but the cars themselves, including MZ3 are assembled in separite facilities.
huh

the sticker showed 70% made out of the US on the roadster.

mus be final assembly for the M roadtser at that plant.
Old 03-22-2002 | 02:08 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Originally posted by tunkz
FYI:

2003 BMW 330ci will have valvetronic engine and will pump out more hp and torque and consume less fuel.
Where did you see this? If the Valvetronic lives up to its potential is gonna put a hurt a hurting on any VVTL-i or i-VTEC systems developed so far.

Continuously variable lift... droool

Don't forget the continuously variable intake manifold on the new 7 series! Instead of have dual stage runners like the Maxima or RSX, the computer can modify the runner length continuously.

For my next car I want a RWD, so it's b/w the IS 300 and 330Ci. You can describe the IS 300 interior in two words, "Fisher Price". If the CL-S was RWD, I'd be all over it like white on rice though.
Old 03-22-2002 | 05:00 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by JerryL
JZ
With all those extra add-ons under your sig, the 330ci and your car must be in the same price range. I guess your CL-S is just as overpriced.

Arggh! Don't remind me.

I need to choose another hobby--maybe needlepoint. That's cheap, isn't it?
Old 03-22-2002 | 05:27 PM
Intermediate

I went back today to test drive the CL-S 6speed & the BMW330Ci 5 speed.
It was a tough choice, these are the top 2 choices in the class. I went with the BMW for the feel and balance of the car. I also decided that the RWD was a factor. It is a little overpriced, but I got a great deal on it.
Old 08-14-2002 | 09:31 AM
Instructor

s
Old 08-14-2002 | 09:56 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Originally posted by threetwoseeL
s
Old 08-14-2002 | 10:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

RISE.........

RISE.........

RISE FROM THE DEAD OHHH POST
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:07 PM
Out in front

I guess I can chime in here as I have recently driven both. The BMW "feels" more expensive if that makes any sense. The handling is better (from what I can tell on city streets), it has a deeper exhaust note and over all feels very neutral. The CL-S feels much more front heavy thereby hurting the handling. The brakes on the 330 are absolutely amazing while the CL's are merely good.

The interior is better on the S when you compare looks and visual appeal. I agree w/ many of the above posts in that the BMW interior is a bit bland and "old".

When you factor in a total of $44K for the 330CI w/ the premium and sport package (why buy one w/o those???) and compare it to the similarly equipped CL-S for $31K (I'm talking MSRP here) it seems like a no brainer.

Zach