CL-S = Class

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 02:52 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL-S = Class

Ever since I got my car, the compliment I've heard the most is about the "class" of the car. I agree. I think the CLs are classy cars. Whenever friends sit in it, they are impressed. True, our cars may not look as sporty or aggressive as BMWs or ISs, but I think that they have that element of style and class not found on all cars. For this reason, I am thinking to not drop my car. I DO think that it does need a drop, but I think getting aftermarket springs will take away the class of the car. Same with getting 19 inch rims, tinting the windows, and clearing the lights. Anyone agree?
Old 06-28-2001, 03:00 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
100% ! Duck ! Here comes the flames ...............

------------------
"We're spoiled rotten"
Waiting for 6 speed manual CLS !
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars,Kyocera Smartphone/Palm powered otherwise pure stock/PIF (Paid In Full)
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock/PIF (Paid In Full)!
Old 06-28-2001, 03:01 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

well, I do have comptech sway bars........

------------------
"We're spoiled rotten"
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars,Kyocera Smartphone/Palm powered otherwise pure stock/PIF (Paid In Full)
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock/PIF (Paid In Full)!
Old 06-28-2001, 03:02 AM
Back to Four Doors

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GOOSE:
Ever since I got my car, the compliment I've heard the most is about the "class" of the car. I agree. I think the CLs are classy cars. Whenever friends sit in it, they are impressed. True, our cars may not look as sporty or aggressive as BMWs or ISs, but I think that they have that element of style and class not found on all cars. For this reason, I am thinking to not drop my car. I DO think that it does need a drop, but I think getting aftermarket springs will take away the class of the car. Same with getting 19 inch rims, tinting the windows, and clearing the lights. Anyone agree?</font>
Yeah, I tend to agree. I changed out the wheels but stayed with stock 17" size ... installed the Comptech sways last week ... but as you say ... I like the car as it is.

------------------
Rex -
'01 CL Type S - Satin Silver, Navi, BBS RK, Comptech Sways
Lic: THX CBOE
Old 06-28-2001, 03:03 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

What does your lic. plate mean ?

------------------
"We're spoiled rotten"
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Old 06-28-2001, 03:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

get a window tint and your car will look 100x classier

get sways, tires and lightweight wheels, best performance gains IMO and you WILL feel a HUGE difference

all of the above should cost you $2500 at most

------------------
'01 Black/Tan CL-S w/ Navi & spoiler
AEM CAI
Comptech headers, springs & sway bars
Toyo Proxes T1-S 235/45ZR17 tires
15% tint, Infinity Perfect sub/PPI amp

'97 Acura Integra LS

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning."
Old 06-28-2001, 03:08 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

I'm busted, I've got tinted windows too ! I'm brain dead and need to hit the sack, been driving a POS rental, while my car is in the shop for a DEAD Actuator crap !

------------------
"We're spoiled rotten"
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Old 06-28-2001, 03:26 AM
Intermediate

I have to agree that the car has class. For me, it would be best described as a jewel - maybe a diamond!

Why, well exterior wise you have all of the chromed accents around the front grill, side doors and the rear ACURA emblems. Next you have the head lights that seem to reflect like diamonds. Lastly, when clean and buffed up, the light colored rims. Contrary to their illogical funtion, i.e., spokes protruding out to catch curb grinds, I love the way they stick out!

Maybe because I'm so used to the interior, but others perceive the interior as very classy. Especially the fit and finish, the logical and clean design of the inrument panels. The shift gate does it for many also. And I do have to mention that the seats get some serious respect.

When compared to other cars, the CL-S' lines and proportions are very elegant yet sporty.

------------------
'01 CL-S PDG stock
Old 06-28-2001, 03:38 AM
Pro

If you just get shocks (keep the stock springs), a front sway, cat-back, and K&N drop-in, you'd keep the classy stock look, improve the performance and still have yourself maximally qualified for SCCA AutoX'ing/track running in Stock category.

You'd garner respect from the non-performance freaks for its understated classiness.

When you do run off your list of mods to real speed freaks (read: not street racer kids), they'll immediately realize the deliberateness of your selection, and you'll garner respect from them for being much more than the average "ricer".

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH
Potenza S-02 Pole Position

The Reasonable Voice of Bias

[This message has been edited by DtEW (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 12:09 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GOOSE:
Ever since I got my car, the compliment I've heard the most is about the "class" of the car. I agree. I think the CLs are classy cars. Whenever friends sit in it, they are impressed. True, our cars may not look as sporty or aggressive as BMWs or ISs, but I think that they have that element of style and class not found on all cars. For this reason, I am thinking to not drop my car. I DO think that it does need a drop, but I think getting aftermarket springs will take away the class of the car. Same with getting 19 inch rims, tinting the windows, and clearing the lights. Anyone agree?</font>
Yeah, the car is very classy, but I don't think a slight drop, tints, or clearing the lights will take anything away from this image of the car. A slight drop, like the Comptechs, makes the car look even classier because it gives it a stock look. Take a look at a car with Comptechs in person and you'll see what I mean, the car barely looks dropped and definitely is no where near to being "slammed." Tints would also make the car look nicer IMO, but that's personal preference, just like the cleared headlights. And as far as wheels go, it depends on the wheels you're looking to put on. The stock wheels are very nice for stock, but I'd get aftermarket wheels to have my car stand out from all other CL-Ss.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S
Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony
DOM: 11/2000 #26935

Stock for now, except for Comptech springs
Old 06-28-2001, 12:18 PM
Advanced

I agree 100% the first time I saw the car over a year ago I said to myself that when the lease is up on my durango I was getting a CL-S. I really think it has classy lines

------------------
Silver/Ebony Cl-s
K&n drop in filter
5% tint
Old 06-28-2001, 12:26 PM
10th Gear

drop it man. Ain't nothing class-less about a lowered car (not slammed) with some stylish performance rims. Just keep it clean and simple.

for example, m5 and m3's are low enough and if you get the optional 19's, they still look classy as hell.

if you keep it stock, it just going to look as classy as any other cl, but if you hook it up right, it's going to look classy AND good.

------------------
1998 Acura GSR
2001 BMW 330I 5spd
Old 06-28-2001, 01:27 PM
Drifting

GOOSE
I agree with you. I have a CAI and I plan to do headers and a little sound but all in all it will keep the stock look. I might look at comp springs but I have to see them in person and possibly the sways. As far as tinting I am undecided. I have the white and tan and it looks so nice without tint I just don't know what to do yet. I guess I will wait till I see one in person as well. I have had people stair at it and tell me how beautiful it is. The inside is so nice..just look at other cars like the IS and BMW. No offence to ether because they are very nice cars but, the inside of the BMW looks a little outdated for me and the IS is just not as nice and smooth as ACURA. Just my .02

------------------
2001 CL-S White/Tan
non navi DOM 01/01
* Spoiler
* Weel Locks
* Polarg m-6
* Red AEM CAI
* 2001 Infinity Kappas in and waiting to install
## Selling 97 and up prelude i/h/e for 600.00. E-mail me##
Old 06-28-2001, 02:10 PM
Old timer

Tint and springs make the car look sportier, besides the class is mainly on the inside.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">you'd keep the classy stock look,</font>
Dude, it looks like it's ready for a rice paddy or a flood the way the wheelwells are like three inches above the top of the tire. It's wearing capri pants for cryin' out loud. Get some springs.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
50% tint sides, 35% back.
J&J custom CAI
Comptech drop-in filter.
I smell Comptech springs and sways in the near future! w00t!

[This message has been edited by JRock (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 02:26 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOLACLS:
GOOSE
I agree with you. I have a CAI and I plan to do headers and a little sound but all in all it will keep the stock look. I might look at comp springs but I have to see them in person and possibly the sways. As far as tinting I am undecided. I have the white and tan and it looks so nice without tint I just don't know what to do yet. I guess I will wait till I see one in person as well. I have had people stair at it and tell me how beautiful it is. The inside is so nice..just look at other cars like the IS and BMW. No offence to ether because they are very nice cars but, the inside of the BMW looks a little outdated for me and the IS is just not as nice and smooth as ACURA. Just my .02

</font>
Just get the Comptech springs, a stock 3-series has more of a dropped look than a CL-S with Comptechs. Most people won't even notice the drop.
Old 06-28-2001, 02:50 PM
Banned

I'd have to agree with Goose. The car is made to be more classy than sporty. COnsidering what it cost, I feel it is a very good deal.
I had a group of teenage punks in a Talon get in front and start poking their heads back. Either they were looking at the car, or my GF. She HAS been working out quite a bit...

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
Proud member of "I didn't hit the curb like a dope and scratch my rims" club.
Old 06-28-2001, 03:07 PM
Banned

So...she's down to 200 now!?! j/k
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scorpius:
I'd have to agree with Goose. The car is made to be more classy than sporty. COnsidering what it cost, I feel it is a very good deal.
I had a group of teenage punks in a Talon get in front and start poking their heads back. Either they were looking at the car, or my GF. She HAS been working out quite a bit...

</font>

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter with Cold Air Funnel and Ram Air Attachment
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
My Peoples
Old 06-28-2001, 03:29 PM
GRF
Advanced

I agree with JRock, drop it with Comptech springs and tinting will not take any class away. In fact it'll add more class. Believe me people know class when they see it. Plus you'll be satified with the drop just enough to be please with. Otherwise you'll always regret not doing it.
Old 06-28-2001, 06:48 PM
Banned

He he... 200... nah, she's 105.
Skinny girls are better.. that way when they get older they aren't fat.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
Old 06-28-2001, 06:55 PM
Red X

nothing says class like stickers. i say put on as many as you can. besides they add like 25hp

------------------
Not a cl-s owner just yet...but soon enough
Old 06-28-2001, 07:26 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scorpius:
He he... 200... nah, she's 105.
Skinny girls are better.. that way when they get older they aren't fat.

</font>
You shouldn't keep them until they get older, just like most cars, you trade them in for one with fewer miles.
Old 06-28-2001, 10:41 PM
Banned

That works until one starts pushing 39. Even though I'm 22, I'm in it for the long haul. Some cars/girls you just don't trade in no matter what.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.