CL-P vs. "had to be" '99 Civic coupe Si

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up CL-P vs. "had to be" '99 Civic coupe Si

Oh lordy, here we go again.

As I was driving down I-5, heading to McChord AFB, WA. This civic pulls right up next to me and drops down a gear so I can hear his intake and exhaust. Woopty fricken doo!

These civics are a dime a dozen, and most I've seen in the body style are all f'ed up. But this one was actually decent. It looked like it got a brand new paint job because I saw some overspray on his fart can.

Back to the story...

I didn't bite because traffic was a lil congested and I figured I'd wait a while and he backed off and looked to be about 1/4 mile away. After about 2 miles traffic clears up. I dropped it down to D4 so homeboy can hear my exhaust. Instanly, I can see his headlights going up and down from shifting. He must of got excited.

He caught up to quick because I was still cruisinig. He pulled up next to me, we're both going 60, he and I floor it at the same time. I instantly pull away and shut down at 90. So homeboy decides to pass me and swerve into my lane and turns his stupid hazards on. I'm pissed because he cut me off. And left me barely any space to brake to slow down. I see him raise his right hand and shake it like he saying, "WTF just happened?" He looked more pissed than I was. I try to get around him and turned to the 3rd lane on the left cuz I think he is now trouble. Then he moves over to my lane quickly and turns his hazards on. I said "fuck this," and dropped it to 3rd, moved over to the far left lane when he wasn't paying attention and waved good bye with my middle finger.

He was done, I was done, and I'm starting to hate ricers more and more.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
i HATE ricers like that. Those types of tactics are unnecessary and dangerous. I guess he was trying to keep you behind him cuz he knew you'd tear him a new 1 if u lined up side by side
Old 01-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dumb ass ... should of just let him go and think he's cool and make a post on clubsi saying how he beat a CL
Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know why people waste their time trying to race civics...trying to get other people into an accident..
Old 01-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by CL Platano
dumb ass ... should of just let him go and think he's cool and make a post on clubsi saying how he beat a CL
I'm pretty sure he'll do it any ways...

I am not going to do that any more. They are way too fuckin dangerous.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:32 AM
///M Power

silly ricers. they think its cool to swerve through lanes. i know some ricers personally, and i see them doing shit like this many times. one also used to have street glow on while doing it..."used" to, that car is long gone now.

but yea, if the dude is driving like an ass, just wave him off...some people are just stupid
Old 01-26-2007, 10:23 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,097 Posts
Funny how he put on the ricer hazards after you took him out easily. So sad those civic guys. I blame the media for praising the civic as such a great sports car when it's not a sports car at all, it's just an affordable sport compact. I guess the new Si is at least a little closer to being an actual sports car. In any case, nice kill!
Old 01-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by BLKCLP
I don't know why people waste their time trying to race civics...trying to get other people into an accident..

there are some civics that are out there that this statement wont apply to...like a civic that raced a supra and took his money..the supra is putting about 1000 whp..and was beatin by a civic...when i 1st got my car i was racing a turbo civic and couldnt beat it
Old 01-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Not a doctor

douchebag ricers.
at least you took him out in the end and showed him who's boss
nice kill
Old 01-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
what ashame, faggots like that shouldnt have EJ Si's. i fucking should.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CLariSe-169
Funny how he put on the ricer hazards after you took him out easily. So sad those civic guys. I blame the media for praising the civic as such a great sports car when it's not a sports car at all, it's just an affordable sport compact. I guess the new Si is at least a little closer to being an actual sports car. In any case, nice kill!
import modding would be nothing without civics. (not saying you) but as much as you newer acura guys think your suprior to other hondas our tuning culture would be nothing without the civic. and how can you not consider the civic a sports car are we not forgeting the Civic SiR, the CTR, umm the older Si's????
Old 01-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Oh lordy, here we go again.

As I was driving down I-5, heading to McChord AFB, WA. This civic pulls right up next to me and drops down a gear so I can hear his intake and exhaust. Woopty fricken doo!

These civics are a dime a dozen, and most I've seen in the body style are all f'ed up. But this one was actually decent. It looked like it got a brand new paint job because I saw some overspray on his fart can.

Back to the story...

I didn't bite because traffic was a lil congested and I figured I'd wait a while and he backed off and looked to be about 1/4 mile away. After about 2 miles traffic clears up. I dropped it down to D4 so homeboy can hear my exhaust. Instanly, I can see his headlights going up and down from shifting. He must of got excited.

He caught up to quick because I was still cruisinig. He pulled up next to me, we're both going 60, he and I floor it at the same time. I instantly pull away and shut down at 90. So homeboy decides to pass me and swerve into my lane and turns his stupid hazards on. I'm pissed because he cut me off. And left me barely any space to brake to slow down. I see him raise his right hand and shake it like he saying, "WTF just happened?" He looked more pissed than I was. I try to get around him and turned to the 3rd lane on the left cuz I think he is now trouble. Then he moves over to my lane quickly and turns his hazards on. I said "fuck this," and dropped it to 3rd, moved over to the far left lane when he wasn't paying attention and waved good bye with my middle finger.

He was done, I was done, and I'm starting to hate ricers more and more.
Well at least you didn't have to put put with a sonata wanting to race you.......needless to say it wasnt fun for him.......
Old 01-28-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Sorry Tom. I didn't mean to laugh that hard. I knew you slaughtered him without even reading the story. But I'm glad you showed him that "He's number 1" Pun intended.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:58 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,097 Posts
Originally Posted by 972xghost
import modding would be nothing without civics. (not saying you) but as much as you newer acura guys think your suprior to other hondas our tuning culture would be nothing without the civic. and how can you not consider the civic a sports car are we not forgeting the Civic SiR, the CTR, umm the older Si's????
Nope, not forgetting them. My car before my CL-S was an 04 EP3 w/ JRSC. I am not saying they aren't great cars, but sports cars, no they aren't. My EP3 had the turning radius of a Ford F150. Yeah, it was quick, handled decent, but overall it was more of an economy sport compact than a sports car. I'm not knocking Civics, believe me, I'm Honda all the way, I'm just saying you stick a young kid in a Civic and he thinks it's automatically a sports car. It's even worse when it's like an EX or something. Like I said, I love Civics and always will. I've had 3 if you want to count CRX's as Civics and modded each one and yes, they are the original import racers. Amazing cars just not when it's a jackass swerving in and out of traffic and putting on hazard lights thinking they won in their sports car when they really lost in their sport compact.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by All Mine

Sorry Tom. I didn't mean to laugh that hard. I knew you slaughtered him without even reading the story. But I'm glad you showed him that "He's number 1" Pun intended.
I think it's fun every now and then to mess with people on the road, but I'm in no hurry to get into another accident.

:Werd: @ CLariSe
Old 02-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Good kill bro
Old 02-26-2007, 11:22 PM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

the original import racers are the datsun Z's