CL newb

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL newb

been wanting a new car for a while and have been looking very closely at the CL. what i want to know is, when looking to buy one, what do i need to keep in mind. i probably have around $12-$15k to spend for the car. after i got some more $$ to "hook it up". what do you guys recommend? also, i plan on putting in a sound system, getting some rims, maybe a drop, and some tints. again, recommendations are great
Old 06-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Drifting

can anyone gimme some tips on what to look for?
Old 06-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Back to Four Doors

Originally Posted by slayer202
can anyone gimme some tips on what to look for?
Not sure what you mean when you say "what to look for?" Look for a clean '01 CL (doubt you'll find an '02 for your price). The only option offered was the Navi system which you may or may not want (I love mine). Ask the owner about repairs, especially if the transmission has been replaced. You might even be able to check with Acura on tranny replacements since they do them under warranty and prolly have a record of work on the car you're looking at.

Drive the car over some bumpy roads as some have complained about rattles (in the rear deck, near the sunglasses holder, etc.) The moon roof will probably rattle but usually Acura can fix that with Teflon tape. I'd run all of the electronics (seats slide forward automatically for example, right side rearview mirror tilts in reverse ... those kinds of things).

Finally, you'd want to make sure the acutator is working. Do a search here and you can learn how to check it.

Good luck.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Drifting

thats pretty much what i was asking. anyone else got anything to add? hopefully i can start looking seriously soon. how about anything to worry about considering what i plan to do to the car "sound system, getting some rims, maybe a drop, and some tints." anyway, again, ANY comments or suggestions are welcome. thanks
Old 06-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Back to Four Doors

Originally Posted by slayer202
thats pretty much what i was asking. anyone else got anything to add? hopefully i can start looking seriously soon. how about anything to worry about considering what i plan to do to the car "sound system, getting some rims, maybe a drop, and some tints." anyway, again, ANY comments or suggestions are welcome. thanks
Again, do a search on the suspension, wheels (offset required), and sound mods. The Bose system is not the easiest to modify but some have made minor mods while others have done some serious changes. Good luck.