Is that a CL on the crystal guard site?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 07:48 AM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that a CL on the crystal guard site?

Has anyone ever used this crystal guard stuff, looks just as nice as Zaino. Interested to hear feedback. http://www.crystalguard.com/maintenance.html
Old 05-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
has anyone used this stuff yet?
Old 05-23-2003, 08:25 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

I believe it is.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:15 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
haha yea... funny you mention this... i was gonna post it yesterday.

def a cl
Old 05-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Moderator Alumnus

this stuff good.... (better than zaino)?
Old 05-23-2003, 09:44 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Originally posted by YuppieCL
this stuff good.... (better than zaino)?
the million dollar question.....
Old 05-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I firmly believe if you have waxed your car from the day one with "good" stuff and keep you car garaged, no need for this stuff, however, if your condidtions in which you live, like near a chemical plant and park on the streets, perhaps.......Zaino does me just fine !
Thanks Zal..................
Old 05-23-2003, 09:59 AM
The Creator

who know's if its "better"

its certainly not CHEAPER.

everything about them just reads like an infomercial to me.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I think this is the same company that has it in their commercial. Its an '03 aegean blue sitting in a driveway... or is that rain-x?
Old 05-23-2003, 10:06 AM
The Creator

mantis thats rain-x

i've also seen the CL in another ad by someone recently... forget who. funny tho...

it must act for cheap
Old 05-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Cruisin'

Yes that is definately a 2001 or 2002 CL in Nighthawk Black! The guy who details my car used Crystal X and I think it looks amazing, probably just as good or better than Zaino.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:15 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

i gotta order something....i have been trying to decide between the two. The main thing i have been thinking about is the fact that Zaino attracts dust, right? I got a black car and that is last thing I need....
Old 05-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
crystal guard wipe on and off when car washing, sounds suspicious prob great shine no protection.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:07 AM
Cruisin'

You are all correct in that there is a CL on the CG site. How do I know? I own that car and I operate the CrystalGuard company. I just registered for this forum so I'm happy to find my "home" since this is the only car I own.

Trust me when I say this, CG is a very good product that we import from Japan. Is anyone here from the Bay Area? I'd love to host a Acura car meet at our shop and do some demos...I'd be thrilled to have some of you try this product out.

Go to www.my350z.com, there is a very long thread on CG if you want more info

Cheers,

Jim Campos
Sales, Marketing, & Operations
Crystal Guard Products
Old 10-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
$40 for 6.75 ounces?

damn.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:51 AM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
there was another post on this product back around the same timeframe, and if I recall correctly somebody from the bay area who was a member was gonna roll down to this place and check it out ... don't believe the person followed up on it though, so there is still the question "is this stuff better than Zaino" (or product of your choice). Maybe some in the Bay area will take this guy up on his offer and provide some useful input?
Old 10-31-2003, 12:58 PM
Cruisin'

Beetroot,

You get 8-10 applications out of the CG Quick bottle. You don't need very much at all. you only need to apply it every 2-3 months so it last well over a year (unless you like to apply it more frequently). This is concentrated chemical and it can also be diluted with water so it goes a long way...

Heck, if anyone wants to try it, give me an email and I'll send out a free sample to the first couple who respond. Just write up a fair review...
Old 10-31-2003, 01:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'd like to try it.....pm me back if you have more info.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Cruisin'

I'd love to have someone from the bay area come visit me so I can demo the product.

I can offer one more sample for a review, anyone else interested?

Also, we are running a special for the next week, 15% off all products with discount code CGFALLSPECIAL on our online shop...

I'd love to hear some people's response. I've been importing thsi product from Japan and have had a wonderful response. It's made from Glass and Fluorine fibers. very unique..

Jim
Old 11-03-2003, 11:58 AM
SpOon!!!!!!!

Originally posted by diamond Jim2216
I'd love to have someone from the bay area come visit me so I can demo the product.

I can offer one more sample for a review, anyone else interested?

Also, we are running a special for the next week, 15% off all products with discount code CGFALLSPECIAL on our online shop...

I'd love to hear some people's response. I've been importing thsi product from Japan and have had a wonderful response. It's made from Glass and Fluorine fibers. very unique..

Jim
I'm in the Bay Area, I wouldn't mind demoing the product.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Cruisin'

redryder83,

Drop me an email at jim@crystalguard and let me know what day works for you. Our shop is open 10am -6 pm mon-fri...www.customexotica.com

Jim
Old 11-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

redryder83,

Drop me an email at jim@crystalguard and let me know what day works for you. Our shop is open 10am -6 pm mon-fri...www.customexotica.com

Jim
Sweet, does this work well with older cars? I got a 98 first gen acura. Paint is in decent condition.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:51 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
This guy posted at a-tl.com and is sending me some so I can try it and post a review as well...
I'll let you guys know, too...
Old 11-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Team Owner

I would volunteer to try some, but it would probably just run right off my 50+ coats of ZAINO
Old 11-04-2003, 09:16 AM
Cruisin'

The CG Quick product works fine for any auto. it's the instant version of the professional coat...

Here's the thing I don't understand. Why would you want 50 coats of Zaino? Isn't it better to find a product that protects perfectly in a single coat? Just my two cents, but I know how people can be with their detailing methods...
Old 11-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

The CG Quick product works fine for any auto. it's the instant version of the professional coat...

Here's the thing I don't understand. Why would you want 50 coats of Zaino? Isn't it better to find a product that protects perfectly in a single coat? Just my two cents, but I know how people can be with their detailing methods...
Shawn is like famous for having like a lifetime supply of zanio and using it on his car at one time. The freaking car is a Mirror. If you can do that with ur product, you probably get 100 customers instantly.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Cruisin'

Many products multi-layered will enhance the paint. You can do that with Crystal Guard as well, but I don't see the need for so many coats. To each their own, I suppose...
Old 11-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Team Owner

You can do that with Crystal Guard as well, but I don't see the need for so many coats. To each their own, I suppose...
YUP…… I agree…… TOTAL waste of time

Old 11-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

That's really shiney!!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:35 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by ChadT
That's really shiney!!
lets see wat r10apple comes out with. Man if it is shiner thatn shawns that will be just insane.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Instructor

i can make the drive... its only like 20 mins away. i have agean blue - would be nice comparo to shawn s. emailing jim now
Old 11-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by Rpechler
i can make the drive... its only like 20 mins away. i have agean blue - would be nice comparo to shawn s. emailing jim now
Hmm this can get interesting. Lets look for a zanio person in that are too. Compare and contrast type of deal. See wat the pluses and minus are of each.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:07 AM
Cruisin'

Rpechler,

If you can make it one of these afternoons before the end of the week, that would be great...call or email me and we'll arrange
Old 11-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by soopa

i've also seen the CL in another ad by someone recently... forget who. funny tho...
Type-S wheel.....

Old 11-06-2003, 06:53 AM
Red/Ebony CLS 6-Spd

A few months ago on the Roadfly Detailing Forum (URL below), Mike of Dynashield (I believe he is the owner of Dynashield--a well respected business that installs invisible bras) began an unsponsored test for his own personal knowledge and reported on his observed results in that forum.

He was comparing Zaino, Crystalguard and ToughGuard.

I was interested in that test since I currently use Zaino and had heard big things about ToughGuard (some of it hard to believe--like the claim that it lasts 5 years with mere regular washing).

In regard to Crystalguard, Mike reported that after 4 weeks, Crystalguard was "toast" (his word). He also reported that Zaino and ToughGuard were both going strong. Mike responded to one of my Emails saying that he would post more on the results of the Zaino and ToughGuard when there was more to report.

All of the finishes were allowed to just sit, after weekly washes, without benefit of quick detailer solutions or special applications. (Zaino recommends a Z6 quick detailer that restores the Zaino look after each wash. He did not use Z6 so as to avoid giving Zaino an edge over the other sealants in the test).

You can go to the Roadfly "Search" facility and find a lot of discussion around Crystalguard (and Zaino, or any other product if interested). Just type in "Crystalguard" or "Zaino", etc. to see tons of commentary on them.

This forum of mostly BMW owners has a great deal of clout in detailing circles.

Their URL is:

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/detailing/

Their "Search" engine is reached by clicking on Search in the menu bar that appears about a third of the way down from the top of the screen (in fairly small blue letters).
Old 11-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Cruisin'

Resedaruss,

I recently came across this same test and I have meet Mike before at a trade show about a year ago. I believe his intentions are good, but in terms of his test having merit, there is one problem I see.

He is testing CG Quick compared to the other polishes. Quick is more of an maintenance product and as a stand alone product will not last more than a few months. I don't believe you applied the three step kit in his test which is the true sealant product. He also notes that the water does not bead as well...it's not suppposed to.

CG is a layer of glass on the paint. Ever spill water on glass? it does not bead, it sheets. This is a property of our chemical. Often times, people are mislead to believe that if CG doesn't bead up, then it's not on the paint...not true at all..
Old 11-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Resedaruss,

I recently came across this same test and I have meet Mike before at a trade show about a year ago. I believe his intentions are good, but in terms of his test having merit, there is one problem I see.

He is testing CG Quick compared to the other polishes. Quick is more of an maintenance product and as a stand alone product will not last more than a few months. I don't believe you applied the three step kit in his test which is the true sealant product. He also notes that the water does not bead as well...it's not suppposed to.

CG is a layer of glass on the paint. Ever spill water on glass? it does not bead, it sheets. This is a property of our chemical. Often times, people are mislead to belive that if CG doesn't bead up, then it's not on the paint...not true at all..
Can't wait for the before and after pics of members cars.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Red/Ebony CLS 6-Spd

Diamond Jim,

Mike stated in the beginning of his test that he often gets products from manufacturers requesting that he test/sell their products.

In the case of the Crystalguard and ToughGuard products, they were both sent to him by their respective manufacturers and he tried them on his own vehicle. He did that since the highly regarded Guru Reports Wax test hadn't included them in their test of 46 car waxes.

If CG Quick is simply a maintenance product why is THAT the product you sent him to test/sell? Why didn't you send him the 3-step product in the first place?

Mike's test would have been a great place to have your 3-step product evaluated since he carries a lot of weight in the objective credibility department and has a large following of happy customers.

You stated in your 2nd paragraph that you believe "I" hadn't applied the 3-step kit. I wish to make it very clear that I had nothing to do with any of the testing other than to read the results as they were posted. I am merely interested in the results of wax testing (for my own personal decision-making processes). I don't have a vested interest in the outcome of any wax test other than wanting to use the best products on my own car.

I also don't want to use my own car as a wax-test vehicle since the application and removal of the various waxes of interest (ToughGuard, Crystalguard, Zaino, Klasse, etc.) would require too much time and effort on my part. I simply want to apply the knowledge of other, more professional detailers who have the equipment and experience to carry out an objective test.

So buying all of these products and trying them on my own car, in some kind of controlled test, is not an option I am willing to invest in.

It should also be noted that I started out with Zaino not knowing Crystalguard or ToughGuard existed. I would love it if your product could be applied once and provide the spectacular appearance my Zaino finish is providing--for years on end.

Again, I'm not going to use the chemicals needed to first prep and then apply the test waxes--and then remove them so as to find out which is best--not without first having the results proven by someone I know to be unbiased and skilled in evaluating the test results.

Steve Litscher at Guru Reports is one such person. Mike at Dynashield is another. Why don't you make them an offer to try out your 3-step product and report on it?

I am sure there are many people that would be very interested....
Old 11-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by resedaruss
Diamond Jim,

Mike stated in the beginning of his test that he often gets products from manufacturers requesting that he test/sell their products.

In the case of the Crystalguard and ToughGuard products, they were both sent to him by their respective manufacturers and he tried them on his own vehicle. He did that since the highly regarded Guru Reports Wax test hadn't included them in their test of 46 car waxes.

If CG Quick is simply a maintenance product why is THAT the product you sent him to test/sell? Why didn't you send him the 3-step product in the first place?

Mike's test would have been a great place to have your 3-step product evaluated since he carries a lot of weight in the objective credibility department and has a large following of happy customers.

You stated in your 2nd paragraph that you believe "I" hadn't applied the 3-step kit. I wish to make it very clear that I had nothing to do with any of the testing other than to read the results as they were posted. I am merely interested in the results of wax testing (for my own personal decision-making processes). I don't have a vested interest in the outcome of any wax test other than wanting to use the best products on my own car.

I also don't want to use my own car as a wax-test vehicle since the application and removal of the various waxes of interest (ToughGuard, Crystalguard, Zaino, Klasse, etc.) would require too much time and effort on my part. I simply want to apply the knowledge of other, more professional detailers who have the equipment and experience to carry out an objective test.

So buying all of these products and trying them on my own car, in some kind of controlled test, is not an option I am willing to invest in.

I went thru the site and looked thru the directions, the three step is a bit long. It doesn't look hard, u just need some equiment to do it. Air Compressor, sprayer, enclosure and hrs inbetween the steps for "cure". Work wise looks easy, spray on, wipe. The quick one is a lot faster and easier though.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah that taillight shot is a CL for sure.

Quick Reply: Is that a CL on the crystal guard site?