CL 6-spd = Bye bye

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Rapture
Is it my imagination, or are a lot of people on here selling their CL's lately?
2nd Gen CL's are anywhere from 6 to 9 years old... They get passed around as much as a drunk sorority girl... It's just discontinued coupe now... just another used car.

As any car gets older, you'll see more and more people trade them in... or sell them.

When the cars were new, and 30K, people tended to keep them longer... with the cost down to 10K, some members keep 'em for 6 months in some cases.

There are still a few original owners still on the forum, but I think some of have stopped posting...
Old 03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking at ads and thinking about getting rid of my 03 CLS-M6.

The problem is that you can't get a better vehicle without spending a whole lot of money. I recently rented an 08 Mustang convertible and the CL is so *much nicer*. There is no comparison.

I think I'll keep driving my CL until the wheels fall off.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by btwombat
I've been looking at ads and thinking about getting rid of my 03 CLS-M6.

The problem is that you can't get a better vehicle without spending a whole lot of money. I recently rented an 08 Mustang convertible and the CL is so *much nicer*. There is no comparison.

I think I'll keep driving my CL until the wheels fall off.
thats my plan......i mean its already paid off. i might as well run it into the ground or until my tranny goes (hopefully not )
Old 03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
*6MT*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a few reasons I got rid of my CL that I didn't really want to share, but here they are:

1) My Financial state, I spent an extra 6500 dollars on my CL my old Durango sold for 4,000 I bought the CL for 10, after taxes was close to 10,600, and was struggling to pay for school, gas, cell phone bills. I hate living my life paycheck to paycheck in hopes to pay off this next months bill. I bought my new dakota for 3500 dollars, I still get 20 mpg on the highway, and being 19, it cut my insurance from 229 a month, to 109 a month on the truck. It's nice to have some "emergency" money to your name.

2) With the way the economy is right now, who knows how much I could get for my CL in a year from now. I sold the car for 10,100. I doubt I could get even close to that much in a year or even a few months. From a financial standpoint, why NOT sell it if I could get exactly what I paid for it.

3) My personal preferences, as much as I loved the handling of the CL, I didn't need a 10,000 dollar car being the age of 19 all my money and savings were wrapped up in that thing. I LOVED my old Durango when I had it and the day I sold it was a terrible day. I love the style of my new dakota, as I always have.

4) Practicality, I carry around A LOT of shit. whether it be my wakeboard equipment, my musical equipment, my Dad's bikes, it just makes so much more sense for me to have a truck right now.

I know alot of you guys ask the question, why go from a 2 door coupe to a pickup truck? Hopefully this will help ya understand.

I love my "new" truck. Hopefully when I get out of college, I'll be able to own a truck, and a sports car, probably won't be a CL, but maybe a 6spd TL, or g35 will be in my future.