Check out this story "Avoid Sierra Acura of Alhambra"

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out this story "Avoid Sierra Acura of Alhambra"

My story is called "Avoid Sierra Acura of Alhambra at all cost".

And here is how it goes...

I had my 45K maintenance, and an alingment done at Sierra Acura. One week after that, I got Eibach springs installed and the installer showed me the rear left shock, which was almost shot (oil everywhere).

Took it back to Acura of Alhambra, and they replaced it. They said they missed it.

About three weeks later, because of the new rims, I decide to get another alingment. The tech told me that my alingment was way off. I tolk him that I just got an alingment from the dealer about a month ago.

I mentioned this to the dealer as I made a visit to have a ˝ inch cut on my driver’side seat (front vertical area [vinyl] caused by wear) replaced.

After much debate with service advisors, and service managers, they decided (as a goodwill) to refund my alingment payment ($68.00)

Also, they sent the car out to an upholstery shop to replace the vinyl piece. Here's where the store really gets heated.

I got it back with a new vinyl piece on the seat, but with the whole seat loose.

Left it again to have the seat rails replaced.

Got it back and the seat was loose again.

Left it again for a couple of days.

Got it back, with a rattle on the seat backrest.

Left it again for a few days.

Got it back, and there were parts scratched everywhere.

Sent it back to Acura of Alhambra, to give you guys an idea of the damage, here is a listing of the parts they replaced:

Driver door sill plate
Rear pillar door panel
Driver side rocker panel
Driver side seat trim
Piller post molding
Driver side center console
Drivers seat belt
Also, the car was taken to a body shop to have the rocker panel and the area near the door sill repainted.

The service advisor mentioned that he talked with the technician. The technician’s story was that because the seat was so heavy, he decided to rest the seat on the car, and he did not notice any scratching (yeah right).

After all that work and figuring I would not see Sierra Acura ever again, I got the car back with the lumbar support inoperable. Also, my paperwork was not ready, so it was faxed to me at work the next day.

I had a two day headache, as you can imagine!

I called and mentioned to them that I do not even want to take the time or put the miles on my car to have this issue repaired.

The upholstery shop guys (2) will arrive at my house this Sunday to make the necessary repairs. I will sit next to them and supervise their work. If they screw up, I think I will just send them home and deal with this through an attorney.

Oh, one more thing, the service advisor begged me, that if I received a survey form – he would appreciate it if I threw it away.

I thought I should share this story with you guys, to warn you and save you the head aches.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:04 PM
something witty

Re: Check out this story "Avoid Sierra Acura of Alhambra"

Originally posted by Gabo3k
Oh, one more thing, the service advisor begged me, that if I received a survey form – he would appreciate it if I threw it away.
BURN THEM!
Old 02-27-2004, 04:09 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn, that sucks....i hope everything gets fixed without anymore problems...and shit if the tech couldn't get the seat out, why didn't he ask for help instead of resting it on the car. I did that and trust me, alot of scratches because u don't see the sharp edges......fill out the survey...
Old 02-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who was your service advisor? i go to serria acura at times to, so far they have been good to me.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:19 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dealer experiences. This kind of reminds me of the trouble I've had with SunnyVale and Los Gatos Acura dealers. In my case, both service departments screw up my paint really bad and it took forever to get it corrected.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Pro

You're not too far from Acura of Valencia which has been good to me. They also are mod freindly. owners son is the SM and had a nice CL-S, lowered on Neuspeeds with 18's. Try them next time. If you need to be in the SGV, use Acura of Pasadena.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:59 PM
Suzuka Master

ahhhh...good ole sierra acura of alhambra.

i, too have nothing but distaste towards that dealership. i'm not going to get into it here cause i've pretty much put it in the past, but with the determination never to set foot on that lot ever again.

if you want shady business practices, and poor customer service, by all means, check them out and give them your business.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:16 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by dgracer
You're not too far from Acura of Valencia which has been good to me. They also are mod freindly. owners son is the SM and had a nice CL-S, lowered on Neuspeeds with 18's. Try them next time. If you need to be in the SGV, use Acura of Pasadena.
I've had really good luck with Acura of Pleasanton. They have done all my mods (sc/h/e/etc...) on my 03 CLS 6sp.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:22 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,967 Likes on 2,645 Posts
Acura of Pasedena has treated me very very well. I only use them when i need to. and if i ever buy another acura I will deal with them first.

Keyes Acura sucks, as does santa monica acura (where i bought my car)
Old 02-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Suzuka Master

No so little shop of horrors/'tards...

Originally posted by Gabo3k

I wonder if you can fill out with the appropriate info, go to a poster shop, and get a giant blow up of your pending review to display in front of their ‘tard-bin.

Instead of begging, he should have just gotten you a new seat and done ANYTHING -- including crawl on the floor -- to make amends.

As mentioned above, try Acura 101 (very good reports) and/or Pasadena Acura.

Some earlier members also had some nasty experiences with the folks in Alhambra.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:08 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It fucking eats me that these dealers think customers will just throw away a satisfaction form....grrrrrrrrrr....I would even write a note on the form telling them that he asked you to throw it out. FUCK HIM!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Drifting

yeah, they are bad bad people!

i needed a tranny replacement and they refused because the subframe was damaged (lowered car of course) and needed to be replaced first...end of discussion. so i go in and check it out and the "problem" was a deformed stamped opening where a socket would not fit properly...that's it, nothing else. but here's the odd thing...if the subframe was so important and needed to be replaced, why without permission from me did they enlarge the deformed opening by cutting it and going through the removal of the tranny?!?!?! ultimately, i got my new transmission and i didn't have to sign a waiver of responsibility which they originally wanted me to do. i tell you they are scanless!!! if you guys ever go in there, they even have a letter from acura on the wallpaper where it specifies that their customer service level has risen to an acceptable level...wow, lucky us! they must be so proud of themselves...

of course, i never got my paper survey but a rep did call and i let him have it...ALL of the BAD i had to say!
Old 02-27-2004, 07:29 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Acura of Pasadena is superb
Old 02-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Instructor

Gabo3k... this reminds me of long ago... When they changed the battery on my 91integra.. they did NOT righten the + terminal... the car drove find for a year.. until one of my own 'maintenance' days I noticed it...

They are good for one thing though... and this is strictly between us 'rabbits...' - when haggling for service 'costs' - I use them to give me 'best' deals.. then I get other dealers to at least 'match' their prices ...

Acura101 - GREATEST service advisers - DUMBEST Service Manager.. ie. his cover is good.. but when it gets down to the problem - he is an ass - I had to write to the General Manager , ironically... I think most there REALIZE he is an ass... Other then that.. no complaints so far.

Santa Monica, no idea how they stay in business. I will give Valencia guys a try one of these days... What about Torrance Acura - I bought 2 cars there before... never tried them for service yet, yet when it was Acura-Isuze - they treated me very nice with Isuzu.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Let's not rely too much on these Cust.Satisfaction forms. All they are are a few $$Hundreds extra to the dealer if good, if bad, Acura Cust. Relations might call, but keep in mind the MOST IMPORTANT - ALL Acura dealers are independently operated & Owned and Acura has little 'jurisdiction' upon them.

The BEST thing to do if any dissatisfaction is to write the dealership itself... i.e. if they have own Cut.Relations, and then to Gen. Manager. The only time when both Acura Dealer & Acura cooperate if both gets sued. My apologies for being 'harsh' with the lawsuits, but if this is the ONLY way to get to these people, what choice do we truly have?? Also... 2nd time is easier to file then the 1st time ...

$.03
Old 02-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by StanMan
yeah, they are bad bad people!

if you guys ever go in there, they even have a letter from acura on the wallpaper where it specifies that their customer service level has risen to an acceptable level...wow, lucky us! they must be so proud of themselves...
That's like posting a "C" food rating in your window and bragging about it.

"Alhambra Acura is proud to announce that we haven't had to call the police to restrain a customer during our last factory evaluation period."

Alhambra doing what they do best

:P
Old 02-28-2004, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

Originally posted by patek007
Let's not rely too much on these Cust.Satisfaction forms. All they are are a few $$Hundreds extra to the dealer if good, if bad, Acura Cust. Relations might call, but keep in mind the MOST IMPORTANT - ALL Acura dealers are independently operated & Owned and Acura has little 'jurisdiction' upon them.

The BEST thing to do if any dissatisfaction is to write the dealership itself... i.e. if they have own Cut.Relations, and then to Gen. Manager. The only time when both Acura Dealer & Acura cooperate if both gets sued. My apologies for being 'harsh' with the lawsuits, but if this is the ONLY way to get to these people, what choice do we truly have?? Also... 2nd time is easier to file then the 1st time ...

$.03
Actually, the customer satisfaction survey affects the dealer's allocation too. They can't get the cars they want if they have a pile of bad surveys on them. That really can hurt their bottom line if the get nothing but the unpopular colors and vehicle trims. Go ahead and send it in and don't forget to mail a copy to the service advisor, service manager and the general manager. I really do like to put ppl on notice. Besides, not like you will ever go there again.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Instructor

You're right... fortunately in 3-5 years, many service folks do change.. and even the GenMan or entire owndership .
In terms of allocation - I thought raw revenue numbers would dictate as to whom gets what.... else Service folks would try much harder to please. With the level they strive to please now - seems the only thing they are getting is a few bucks bonus.
Also.. as far as models, colors... for a few hundred more - most dealers in SoCal would do a trade with another dealer, i.e. it costs a bit extra if it is a 'hot' going model/color, else they do it no questions ask - my last 3 new car experiences - if one doesn't mind the 3-5 hour extra wait ....
Old 02-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Intermediate

I've been to Pasadena Acura...no doubt one of the best for warranty services. Otherwise..Kerechuk is the best for non-dealer thingies. They're on Valley.