Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 03:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn...must be a scam!
Old 12-22-2003, 09:15 AM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a firefighter so I've seen PLENTY of car fires in the about 4 years i've been a firefighter. to me looks like what happened some fool didn't "ground out" his system in CL. when it "arced" she went. It started at the battery(looks like) because if you look at the hoses and engine compartment on that side the hoses are in worst shape.

Now if you guys think that car bad about 1 year or 1.5 year ago we (my Dept) had a nasty car fire. what happened was this kid just swapped his motor in his mid 80's(i'd say) Camero (put in a built 350). well when he did the wiring harness wasn't "hung right" part of it was laying on the manifold. so it got hot and ignited. well I was off duty that day(of the car fire) but i was listening to my pager(because i was bored) and Shelby dispatch calls us out to possible person trapped in a fully involved car fire. so i put on my coat and go down to the fire(it was maybe 2 miles from my house) i knew i could beat the trucks there but if could get the people out it would make it easier for the guys. So armed with my 5 lb fire extingher i keep in my car and my maglight(to knock out the window and to shoot through the smoke) i get out of my car. the car was going lightly(the engine bay was smoking good) the kid was out the car thank goodness. so I open the hood(which is b!tch when it's on fire) i took my truckman's axe which i carry in my car took the pickhead end pierced the hood about 3-4 times. then i shot the extingher into the holes. well I thought i had it competely out. because i was starting to run out of Dry Chem extingher(i'm thinking oh crap i'm running out and she was still smoking a little so i knew there was a fire still going). that's when it TOOK OFF.
it went through the fire wall(in front of the driver's seat. toasted the T-tops, toasted the seats,popped the tires, that car was trash.
then the kid just told me he put 33 bucks in gas in it:thumbsdn: . thank goodness our truck hit the fire before it got to the fuel because if it would have went like time bomb.

but believe it or not a car running on little gas is more dangerous of a gas explosion because of gas fumes will move around and once fire hits gas fumes it runs HARD to the gas source :thumbsdn:
Old 12-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally posted by mantis23
Did you see the engine bay? that didn't look too healthy.

reminds me of that Knight Rider episode where K.I.T was dumped in Acid.

:geek: