Check engine light RIGHT after my car got a boost??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 03:58 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check engine light RIGHT after my car got a boost??

ok, my battery died on me yesterday in a mall parking lot, so i went and bought cables and came back, believe this, i asked a lady (about 43 years old) for a boost, i had my hood open, and the red cable already attached...i asked her for a boost, and she said in a very FIRM tone, "NO I DO NOT ALLOW THIS, GO ON ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS"

wtf what a bitch, i could tell she was a teacher for high school or something, just the way she spoke to me...i think she thought i was stealing my own car or some shit..

ANYWAYS, HERE IS MY QUESTION:

I finally got a boost, and the SECOND I GOT POWER, the check engine light came on...and i mean EXACTLY when i got power and revved...

now, i am guessing its nothing seriuos with the engine, cause my battery has been fucked up for a while...cause of my system. Now, how can i get rid of the check engine light? I am selling my car and the check engine light doesnt help with the test pilots..haha

btw, if any of u think there is something WRONG with my car, i obviuosly wont sell it like this..i'l get it fixed first, i am assuming its nothing because my battery DIES ALL THE TIME cause of my system, and the check engine light came on RIGHT when i got a boost..
Old 10-20-2002, 04:25 PM
?!?

happened to me when i overloaded the system with neons

nothing major, its just that you tripped the electric system faults...just get it reset no harm no foul
Old 10-20-2002, 10:06 PM
Advanced

Usually the CEL goes off if everything in your car's electrical and mechanical systems (parts that are monitored, that is) is fine for 3 consecutive start's. Meaning, you drive some distance and turn your car off. Do this for 2 more times and if everything in your car is within normal specs, your ECU should turn the CEL off. So in a way, it may go off later after awhile. That's what happened to my sister's Civic and my family's Explorer. After a while, it went off. In fact, both happened as the batteries were weak in voltage, I believe. But I'm not 100% on the Explorer being the case.