CD Eject by itself

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 01:10 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Eject by itself

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I know alot of you have problems where CD got stuck in the player, but my problem is exactly opposite.
CD will eject by itself for no reason every once in a while. Even when the power is off and stereo turned off.
I usually turn off the car w/o turning off the stereo, and the normal behavior the next time car starts should be it continues playing the song I was listening to on the CD, but lately it went into radio mode the next morning I start the car. Finally I realized it was because the CD ejected itself in the middle of the night and it doesn't know which CD and which track to continue playing, so it turned into radio mode. Anyone know what might be wrong? Thanks!

Old 02-21-2003, 01:26 AM
Safety Car

well what CD was it because that can make a difference
Old 02-21-2003, 08:01 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Yes...on my Chevy Blazer. Not only did it eject, but it threw it on my console. Bottom line was they installed a new unit on warranty.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:48 AM
Just call me DADDY!!!

Re: CD Eject by itself

Originally posted by alient
Has anyone experienced anything like this? I know alot of you have problems where CD got stuck in the player, but my problem is exactly opposite.
CD will eject by itself for no reason every once in a while. Even when the power is off and stereo turned off.
I usually turn off the car w/o turning off the stereo, and the normal behavior the next time car starts should be it continues playing the song I was listening to on the CD, but lately it went into radio mode the next morning I start the car. Finally I realized it was because the CD ejected itself in the middle of the night and it doesn't know which CD and which track to continue playing, so it turned into radio mode. Anyone know what might be wrong? Thanks!

Mine did that. Whenever I turned off the ignition, the CD ejects itself and when I started the car, it inserted itself. I just took it to dealer and they replaced the whole think.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Racer

Did replacing the unit solve the problem?
Old 02-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Just call me DADDY!!!

Originally posted by alient
Did replacing the unit solve the problem?
Hell yeah!