castle acura in DE bites

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
castle acura in DE bites

I called to get my oil changed, the only available appt was in 2 weeks. So I told them bite it, and I went to jiffy lube instead. So jiffy lube called me out into the bay and showed me that I had the wrong oil filter on my car. It looked half the size of the one that is supposed to be on there, so it seems that Castle acura (last people to change my oil) put on the wrong filter. I'm guessing by the size of it had to be for the RSX or something with a 4 banger.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:19 AM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura recently changed the size of the filters. So you might of had the right filter on there.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think 2-weeks is all that unreasonable.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:49 AM

it was tiny, I seriously doubt it was the right one
Old 11-11-2003, 08:54 AM
Homeless

They do all my work...so I better check the numbers.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn S
Just to get an oil change???

Crap... All the dealers I've ever dealt with don't require a service appointment for an oil change. 20 minutes, in and out.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Scrib
Just to get an oil change???

Crap... All the dealers I've ever dealt with don't require a service appointment for an oil change. 20 minutes, in and out.

He didn't mention if he requested a loaner.
Whenever I do it's always 2-3 weeks.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Administrator Alumnus

You need a loaner to wait 20 minutes for an oil change?

Old 11-11-2003, 09:02 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Scrib
You need a loaner to wait 20 minutes for an oil change?

It's FREE, so YES
Old 11-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Administrator Alumnus

It's FREE, so YES
Old 11-11-2003, 09:42 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
some acura dealers take like 4 hours for an oil change. It's rediculous. There excuse is they were washing the car. when i tell them not to wash my car, their excuse is um... sorry.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Homeless

They usually tell me about a week...but that is sans loaner.

They only give you an RSX pos for a loaner anyhow...no fun there...
Old 11-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I almost always get a new TL for a loaner. I don't complain
Old 11-11-2003, 12:57 PM

No i didn't want a loaner, just a freakin oil change. I understand not being able to do it that day, but not having time for 2 weeks? that is crazy.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
You must be kidding me!! For an oil change?? At my dealership, you just drive in for a quick oil change and have always waited a tad over an hour.....
Old 11-11-2003, 03:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally posted by Achance
it was tiny, I seriously doubt it was the right one

all hondas use the same filter, so it was the right one
Old 11-11-2003, 05:26 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
i take mine up here to the valvoline service center. they have by far the cleanest uniforms but i also go at 8 am when they open
Old 11-11-2003, 05:28 PM
AKA MaxGeek

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The filter is the right one. My car also came with a tiny oil filter, but it was the right one.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just another instance of acura dealers sliding farther down the hill
Old 11-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Eggplant-EX
You must be kidding me!! For an oil change?? At my dealership, you just drive in for a quick oil change and have always waited a tad over an hour.....
I work during the day. I don’t want to be sitting around for an hour or even twenty minutes waiting for my car.
I go there at 7:30 exchange keys and I’m off to work.
I go back at 5PM and pick up my car and go home.
They provide the loaner for FREE so I take it. And I don’t have to worry about a mechanic being free when I show up for service.

I called today to make an appointment for my state inspection and the earliest date I got including a loaner was November 26th.
Like I said….TWO WEEKS.

Shawn S
Old 11-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Recently I dreadingly went along with my sister to get an oil change for her Camry at a Toyota dealership.

So how did it go?

Just as we drove into the "Express" bay, I was ready to get out and go wait in the donut room. My sister told me to sit still and, literally, within 5-7 mins, the oil was changed.

My sister handed the guy a coupon for $8.99 oil change (with btw, was given by the dealer) and her credit card. Signed it and left.

ALL this while we DIDNT have to get out of our seats and while my little nieces were in the back goofing around like always.

The moral of the story:
If ur waiting more than an half-hour for an oil change or 2 weeks just to get an appt (for a loaner ) then ur certainly getting 5-star service at ur local Acura dealer.

Hahah.. fuckin pathetic
Old 11-12-2003, 04:50 AM
Racer

Originally posted by DivinDude
just another instance of acura dealers sliding farther down the hill
There is a big difference in dealers. When purchasing my 2001 CL-S Castle Acura tried the hard sell, constantly in my face, and came in $4,000 lower on my trade-in ('95 GSR) than West Chester Acura did.

If you need Acura service in New Castle County, take the time to jet up 202 to West Chester Acura. Much more professional, but their service has slipped a bit since I bought the 2001. I have since bought a 2003 6MT from them, and it had some quality issues and they were slow to handle them.

With further regard to Castle Acura, I would hope Acura Corporate would oversee their dealers in some way so as to portray a consistent image. Castle is the type of dealer where you see cheesy commercials, ridiculous sales ads (of course they are for the one beater car on the lot, just to get you in there) and pushy salespeople. If you expect to compete with Lexus, Infiniti, etc., you must ensure that your front-line marketers remain upscale. The problem here may be that Castle is not just an Acura dealer, but an Acura-Hyundai-Suzuki dealer. Come on, those three shouldn't even be in the same sentence together, let alone on the same lot.

West Chester Acura, however, is on the "Platinum Mile" on 202: Volvo, BMW, MB and raise their image as such.

EDITED: I forgot to add that when I had the 70,000 mile service on my GSR, they forgot to tighten the valve covers. Glad I caught it before I left, since I would have had oil leaking all over the place.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:08 AM
Homeless

When I bought my 03 6 spd, Castle gave me their best price of $600 off sticker. There was a rebate of $1000 at the time...

So, I went down to Price Acura in Dover(30 minute ride) & told them Castle had a 6 speed on the lot. They did a dealer trade & I bought it for $26,900(included mud flaps, wheel locks, trunk tray).

Funny thing is...I take that very same car to Castle for service...what a bunch of idiots.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:33 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are currently 3 filters in use at Acura .One fits the NSX exclusively one fits cartridge style equipped first gen Legends the rest get the new small filter .Your dealer did not screw up your Jiffy Lube is clueless as they usually are .Dealers schedule work weeks in advance such is the nature of business ,most dealers will do waiter oil changes however it is better they know you are coming ."POS RSX LOANER" ?????? I love that attitude from people .Frankly if you don't like the FREE loaner you got whatever brand it it may be ...............WALK ! see if you like walking better !
Damn some of you are such friggin snobs it kills me to hear people bitch even if it is god damn free .What would you like a damn Bentley ????? get a clue!!!!!!

Sorry but that really annoys me to the point .

Jens
Old 11-12-2003, 06:24 AM
Homeless

Originally posted by Jens H.
."POS RSX LOANER" ?????? I love that attitude from people .Frankly if you don't like the FREE loaner you got whatever brand it it may be ...............WALK ! see if you like walking better !
Damn some of you are such friggin snobs it kills me to hear people bitch even if it is god damn free .What would you like a damn Bentley ????? get a clue!!!!!!

Sorry but that really annoys me to the point .

Jens
You took that completely wrong. It has nothing to do with the type of car they give me.

I am speaking about a single POS loaner they have always given me at that particular dealership...a beat-up RSX. The car is worse than driving a rental because it has been beat to hell, is filthy inside & out and the tranny slips to beat the band. It appears to have been a trade-in that they started using for a loaner...it is not a new/semi-new vehicle. I don't want to drive to work & then realize I have gum stuck to my rear because the car is stinking filthy, etc.

I don't mind a free ride, but the car should be in fairly good shape. I'd even rock one of their Hyundais if it was a newer vehicle...
Old 11-12-2003, 06:48 AM
retired

You just happen to get in my cross hairs today as I read this kind of crap so often that eventually I get pissed and vent about it .Nothing personal my apologies but I work for a dealer and it kills me to hear over and over again that line"I got to drive some POS (fill in the brand loaner here) today" .After a while some of this get's to the point where I have to speak up .I have heard people cry about brand new loaners dirty loaners they get pissed if they get a car from some rental outfit etc etc .Bottom line (not just you but everybody) realize that a dealer is not under obligation to provide a car we do it as a courtesy to our valued clientele however quite frankly in some cases when people start talking in that tone about how they are so "upset" because they had to drive a "pos" loaner for a day whatever kind of loaner it was it really makes me wish they could work at a dealer and hear all of this lovely bullshit people say ,so I stand by my statement (even if you had a dirty loaner which is a not a good relflection on the dealer and you should point it out to them) that people ought to get a clue and appreciate what's there especially considering that walking is your other option .

Jens
Old 11-12-2003, 06:48 AM
6mt
Instructor

Originally posted by chris3240929
You took that completely wrong. It has nothing to do with the type of car they give me.

I am speaking about a single POS loaner they have always given me at that particular dealership...a beat-up RSX. The car is worse than driving a rental because it has been beat to hell, is filthy inside & out and the tranny slips to beat the band. It appears to have been a trade-in that they started using for a loaner...it is not a new/semi-new vehicle. I don't want to drive to work & then realize I have gum stuck to my rear because the car is stinking filthy, etc.

I don't mind a free ride, but the car should be in fairly good shape. I'd even rock one of their Hyundais if it was a newer vehicle...
...i got a brand new tsx last time i went there, and the wait was only a week. i don't think castle is such a bad place, i've had good experience with them last two times i went there, but it may be that i just lucked out...
Old 11-12-2003, 07:23 AM
Homeless

Bottom line (not just you but everybody) realize that a dealer is not under obligation to provide a car we do it as a courtesy to our valued clientele however quite frankly in some cases when people start talking in that tone about how they are so "upset" because they had to drive a "pos" loaner for a day whatever kind of loaner it was it really makes me wish they could work at a dealer and hear all of this lovely bullshit people say ,so I stand by my statement (even if you had a dirty loaner which is a not a good relflection on the dealer and you should point it out to them) that people ought to get a clue and appreciate what's there especially considering that walking is your other option .

Jens
Jens...not just dirty...but in all around crappy shape.

I see your point though...anytime anyone deals with the public, it's usually frustrating...I can agree to that 110%.

Looks like someone else here just stated they recently got a TSX for a loaner, so maybe they retired the RSX(hopefully). I'd love to get to test drive the TSX anyhow.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:36 PM
retired

SOmetimes a polite phone call to the service manager can do the trick tog et the cars cleaned up .Loaners sadly are usually the last priority in the lot so they get beat up by the general public and then bumped around the lot and then mayybe just maybe after all the other stuff is done they get cleaned .Sorry again about hopping on your back bud it was just a long day and that was that straw .

Jens
Old 11-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Dont let the name fool ya

I will agree with Jens. Put yourselves in the shoes of the advisors and technicians. Or better yet, go domestic. You'll be lucky if they give you a pair of shoes to walk in let alone an actual car to drive for the day. And a loaner for an l/o/f, who are you blackmailing and what makes you think that you are so much better than anyone else that comes to the dealer. Guess they don't want to inconvenience you by making you sit with the commoners, Your Majesty. Remember, everyone, there are more important things in life to worry about. Not everything in life's for free.

Vent closed. If I offended anyone... then you are too sensitive.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Homeless

Originally posted by Stumpy

I thought we were done, but I'll address Mr Stumpy.

1. Or better yet, go domestic.

When I serviced my 99 S-10 I always got a demo cavalier. My 97 GTP...same deal or a once in a while a Lumina. They were both in very good shape(probably demos). So, I don't think domestic/import has one thing to do with the quality of a particular dealership.

2. Guess they don't want to inconvenience you by making you sit with the commoners, Your Majesty. Remember, everyone, there are more important things in life to worry about. Not everything in life's for free.

Once again, I think this also pertains to the particular dealership, since the one that's being discussed has bankers hours only(7:30>5). There are some dealers who are just more accomodating than others(PAA sounds like a great one, but too far for me).

Royalty or not, some of us have jobs and can't afford to take a half day to wait on an oil change. I don't think a lack of time makes anyone here a bad person.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:27 PM

I can relate. And it was not meant to be personal. But, with the understanding that people do work, that is why we're open on saturdays to help the people who work during the week. But if the dealer that you are referring to does not offer that, then they are screwing their clients. You included. But Jens is right. If you, in general, are pissed off at your dealer for taking too long or not being open when it is convenient for you, then speak up and let manage know. At one point, we were only open until 12 on saturdays. Too many people spoke up, enough that could not be ignored, and now we're open to 5.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
I change my own oil... the nearest dealer is 35 miles away.. and PAA (where I go for everthing now) is 42 miles away... so I just do my own..... Redline Synthetic 5w-20 with an Amsoil filter... takes about 15-20 minutes and most of that is drain time.....
Old 11-13-2003, 01:19 PM

That's another option if you have the time and resources. I, of course have neither. Luckily I work at an acura dealer. But, if you want something done right, do it yourself. Or, work with the people doing it for you.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:54 PM
retired

7:30 to 5:00 sounds like a real short work day to me for a car dealer .We offer service hours from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm on Mondays and Fridays and 7:30 am to 7:30 pm Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and ofcourse Saturday from I think 8:00 till 12:00 however Saturdays are reserved for minor work only as we only have a small crew on Saturdays .The regular techs do not work on Saturdays 5 days a week is enough thank you very much .As far as having a job and not wanting to lose a half day to get an oil change I agree and it should not take a half a day to do an oil change so there is probably something at that dealership that needs an adjustment to ge the wheels of progress going again .On the other hand I have a job as well so do the other 8 techs I work with the service manager his assistant two service writers a warranty administrator a service clerk and two valets .We all need time to go get some of life's chores taken care of from time to time .Be it taking the kid to the doctor getting a car fixed or whatever it is it get's done so I will take Stumpy's side on this one .Maybe in your case the dealer sucks who knows I have never been there but we all need to get things done from time to time so the way I see it ask the boss for a morning off and get whatever taken care off .

Jens
Old 11-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Homeless

Maybe in your case the dealer sucks
I think that pretty much says it.

The dealership I actually bought the car from (45 minutes away) has hours until 8 pm thru the week, Saturday like PAA and they are open on Sundays for sales & some minor stuff/detailing, etc. I picked my new car up on a Sunday, a tech was there to go over the car for me, that was neat.

They're great to deal with...do all the Acura stuff...like coffee, donuts, blah blah...it's a very nice place to visit. Techs are always very clean/knowlegeable, the work area is very clean...just gives you a good feeling going in.

It just seems, like has been said a few times already, that there should be a better continuity between these shops. Like PAA, I hear nothing but great stuff from guys about their experience there, and I have a great dealership 45 minutes away...but the one near me sucks. Only problem with the other dealer in DE, is they don't install aftermarket parts...but I guess most don't anyhow.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:34 PM
retired

Sadly there is no continuity amongst the various shops out there .They each seem to march to their own beat ,I guess that's part of the free enterprise thing .Although manufacturers can add a lot of rules to the playbook ultimately it is the dealer that makes the choices it is after all the dealer's money to do with as they please .Granted the manufacturer can play hardball but that only goes so far .Play too much hardball and even if well intentioned it can backfire very quickly in a morass of legal maneuvering .As was suggested maybe a well written letter is in order not just to the manager but more importantly to the owners of the business .See what happens you never know .

Jens