In case no one's paying attention to the other IMRC thread, MY ACTUATOR BROKE AGAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 02:56 AM
hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In case no one's paying attention to the other IMRC thread, MY ACTUATOR BROKE AGAIN!!

Only FOUR MONTHS and 5K miles after the first time, I'm driving a CL-P again. Make actuator has failed for the second time now in 12 months of ownership. I haven't spoken to my dealer yet, but will be calling first thing tomorrow. Fortunately, I was the first case at my dealership and subsequently had to *prove* the existence of the problem just like scalbert. I shouldn't have any problems getting it fixed a second time.

If you're feeling down on power, or your 1/4 mile times suck, CHECK YOUR GODDAMN ACTUATORS, KIDDOS!

------------------
'01 CL-S|Sundance Gold|Spoiler|35% Tint|Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17
a study in pimp daddy gold
Old 04-27-2001, 03:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by droideka:
Only FOUR MONTHS and 5K miles after the first time, I'm driving a CL-P again. Make actuator has failed for the second time now in 12 months of ownership. I haven't spoken to my dealer yet, but will be calling first thing tomorrow. Fortunately, I was the first case at my dealership and subsequently had to *prove* the existence of the problem just like scalbert. I shouldn't have any problems getting it fixed a second time.

If you're feeling down on power, or your 1/4 mile times suck, CHECK YOUR GODDAMN ACTUATORS, KIDDOS!

</font>

Is the actuator dead in the sense that it:

a. Just doesn't move at all
b. Something wrong with the cable, interface, etc.
c. Did you get a test lamp in there, and verify that the unit was getting an actuation signal (+12, gnd), but has an internal fault
d. Any other tests -- I've followed the Helms and have traced the line from the PGM/ECU to the active pull-down (NPN transistor -- ground referenced, with collector connected to a pull-up resistor), but haven't had a look at the "module" they are using to drive the actuator (Did they make something too feeble to drive the actuator *or* with too little snubbing/back EMF protection?)

I'm curious in case I ever have to point the way for the dealer.

And some mechanics seem to need some extra help in the pointing department!

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 04-27-2001).]