Car's steering is off after accident...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm out of HELL!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car's steering is off after accident...

My car was in an accident back in April (I hit someone - but it was their fault). Anyway, get the car back after the body shop finished up work and the steering feels off. It's pulling and the steering wheel now shimmies. They always say your car is never the same after an accident.

So I brought it to Firestone where I have lifetime warranty and they tell me that my alignment is spot on...but my right front castor is out of spec. WTF?

I called the body shop today that did the work and they are going to investigate what the insurance company wants to do. He told me that they probably won't approve the claim because I'm complaining about the right-front side but the car was hit on the left-front side.

To me it makes perfect sense that the right-front could have a suspension problem during a left-front accident...but apparently the body shop doesn't think so and the insurance company probably won't agree either.

So what do I do? I know it's my fault I've waited three months since I got the car back to bring this up, but that aside, the suspension is still off and I want it fixed by them.

-RM
Old 08-23-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm out of HELL!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A reply to myself

Just got called from the body shop and the insurance company is refusing the idea of a claim because I'm complaining about the opposite side of where my car got hit.

The body shop is saying that since our cars have an independent suspension, it's not necessarily true that the right-front side would be damaged in a left-front side collision.

-RM