car came out like garbage!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TypeSAddict
However, them fixing the car w/o his consent could make this a whole nother ball game.
Agreed, but it also depends on the specific laws of his state. I think there's some leeway in what can be done without permission (a few bucks), but I'm sure it doesn't include body work.

soopa -- what you said sounds perfectably reasonable and fair. It might be a challenge to get them to adjust for deprectiation, but you are right to be compensated for car rental or being without your car. I'm sure you'll be talking to thier insurance adjuster come next week.

Based on the shoddy body work/paint that you describe, I'd get them to take it to a quality body shop of your choice.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soopa,

You have a lot of "free" options left before you'd need to get an attorney involved. I'm going to basically repeat my response from one of your other threads, plus some more suggestions:

1) Make a list of all of the existing issues. Take pictures.

2) Discuss the issues with the service manager. Explain your displeasure - make sure he/she understands that this is unacceptable. The accident wasn't your fault and is completely their responsibility. As such, they need to repair the vehicle to 100%. They should also provide you with transportation while the vehicle is being repaired or reimburse you for a rental car, etc.

3) If you don't get any satisfaction from the service manager, discuss the situation with the dealer manager. Still no luck - ask for the owner or dealer principal.

4) Still no luck - contact Acura. Once you find someone who seems to be in a position to help at Acura, obtain their contact info and then provide them with a written statement of your situation, with detailed info on the discussions you've had with the dealer. Make sure that you include what you consider to be an adequate resolution, i.e. fixing the car to mint condition, paying for transportation while repairs are occurring, etc.

Contrary to popular belief, orgs like the BBB aren't going to do much for you, so I wouldn't bother with them. You're better off working your way up the Acura chain. It may take you a while to get to the right person at Acura, but my guess is that the right person will understand the issues here and help you get the car fixed the way it should be. Hopefully, it won't need to go that far and the dealer will step up.

It wouldn't hurt to ask the dealer/Acura for some type of compensation, i.e. a discount on future vehicles, free stuff, etc. You won't get anything if you don't ask. If they offer you a big discount on another Acura, trade that baby in for a 6-speed! :P

Good luck.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:29 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
clscls: thx for response.

i agree with you... and those are my best options.

like i said... imma give them a shot at correcting it. if they dont get it right this time round i dont know what to do from there...

i guess i could demand they then take it to my own body shop, and hope they can repair it to my satisfaction after all this shit has been done to it.

but at what point does it become too much a waste of time/effort? and when does the car become unrepairable?

my biggest thing is I once had my TL repaired and remember how hard THIS SAME dealership fucked me on trade in because of the issues I now have with my car.

i dont want to take a bath with this car... its an 01... with 30k... and I owe roughly 21-22k on er... im gonna lose a couple Gs if i sold it today in perfect condition. cant imagine what id lose if i sold it how is is now... :shakehd:
Old 06-13-2003, 11:32 PM
The Creator

also how can i have verified what has been fixed? where should i take it to get looked at good by a pro?

i want to make sure there was no damage besides body work.

also... just an example of how cob jobbed my car is... the holes for the original screws in my bumper were all cracked... so they just took some sheetmetal screws and screwed the bumper to the supports on the frame or whatever. :shakehd:

Old 06-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by soopa
also how can i have verified what has been fixed? where should i take it to get looked at good by a pro?

i want to make sure there was no damage besides body work.

also... just an example of how cob jobbed my car is... the holes for the original screws in my bumper were all cracked... so they just took some sheetmetal screws and screwed the bumper to the supports on the frame or whatever. :shakehd:

have you called Customer Service?!#@$!@#?!#$!$!$? Dude, take pics and tell the assclown on the phone, i will send you digital pictures right now of the SHIT your dealerships are attempting to pass off as a quality product.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:46 AM
Safety Car

that might not be a bad idea. take the car to a reputable bodyshop, get an estimate on how much its going to take to get the car back to original condition and then get the dealer to cut a check. they obviously aren't on your side or they would have gone out of their way the first time to have your car fixed correctly considering they are the ones that crashed it. that was their shot- the condition your car is in right now.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:11 AM
///M POWER

sorry adam,

i cant imagine what ur goin through right now. i hope every thing gets resolved in your favor. dont let this shitty dealership make ya think that every acura dealer is like this. i know ur really hating your car right now but just stick w/ it. theres good dealers out there, u might just have to drive a lil longer to get to em.

i remember when u posted about your fuel door being fucked that u sed u didnt want to take it to the dealer cuase when ever u take ur car in they always fuck up somethin else, i guess u were right.

take it easy

Darrin
Old 06-14-2003, 01:55 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

i just don't get how an Acura dealership is gonna provide such shit quality to their customers!?!? This dealership is def not honest, has shitty management and even worse at fixing their OWN cars. Again, we should just all wait for Soopa to figure out what to do next. But this might be a good time to get some legal advice and maybe put in a call to BBB. Heck, if you know of many incidents frm other people having bad service from this dealer, why not call your local news station and have them do a story on them? I'm sure this dealer def does not want bad publicity.

Everyone in Soopa's area should just avoid this dealership all together, once they see their business drop...they'll figure out why.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:58 AM
The Creator

pretty damn hard to take pics of paint probs... ill try once we have some sun round here.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:43 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Soopa:
Slimey, cls6s, Divindude--me...Read our posts...
Look, I'm not an attorney and I don't play one on TV. I work in the insurance business and handle claims--very large ones of all kinds. I have many licenses, many designations and have seen tthe operations of so many businesses, government entities and attornies (on either side) to see the same, bottom line things day in and day out.

Damage to your car is awful. Bad service is awful. Covering up the mess is awful...But you have to extricate your emotions right now and take a deep breath. Have a beer and relax...You have certain rights and responsibilities and the dealer has them as well. You, however, haven't done anything wrong.
Sit down and reread this thread.
Telling you to put down the issues in writing and getting a receipt (ie fax confirmation or certified return receipt card) after presenting the document to them LEGALLY confirms the issues at hand between parties. It should be cordial and direct.
In almost every state, someone asking for a written response to something presented them must do so in a timely manner. In your case, repair work is almost always done at your preferred choice of vendor. Further, YOU must authorize ANY repair or service. From a punitive standpoint, it appears the dealer repaired your body damage WITHOUT written authorization. That is the worst thing they have done, and could be held responsible to the extent of the law. The fact that they wrecked the car and then repaired it without your knowledge or consent should be enunciated in any correspondence to them. You should also enumerate your service woes and time issues.

YOU SHOULD DO THIS IMMEDIATELY. Merely accepting your car with problems to take home over the weekend has estopped you from bringing up issues with the repairs and service, but the longer you wait, and especially the longer you do not confirm issues in writing (and taking the best pics you can), the more apt you are to not get things accomplished...

Further, it's time to move up the foodchain. Forget the service people at your dealer, though they will end up having to take care of this isn the end. Move up to the GM or owner and address your letter to him while cc'ing HOA. I'd also fax a copy to the regional manager and advise that person he will get the next letter going well beyond what is being talked about here, if nothing is done...
Most states have at least a 1 year limitation on making a claim in court for damages. Florida has 5 years. So you have at least a month to DOCUMENT everything and be civil about it on your own...An attorney can represent you for any action you want--small claims court or otherwise. An attorney WOULD tell you that you MUST document everything...

This all being said, a dealer can:
Take care of all the service related problems--even overnighting parts. Pay for all body repairs to your complete satisfaction. Place you in transportation at their total expense (meaning rental or loaner car AND any additional insurance {gross misconduct here}). Make serious concessions on a trade in. Make financial restitution to you (though this is always a wild card-some may never pay unless forced).

A dealer must:
Respond to inquiries from HOA. Must respond to requests or complaints in writing from BBB, and generally, from a customer. Must handle all warranty repairs.

Soopa, it's unfortunate this is happening to you, but it is life. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it sucks. Ultimately, as a consumer and certainly as the head of this site, you have the upper hand. It's like playing stud poker and with three cards up, you got three aces, Soopa. It's all how you now play your hand to get you your winnings...

I have no other way to tell you...
Old 06-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Drifting

I would first write down everything that was said (to the best of my memory, without embellishments). Get a good camera and take pictures from all angles and lighting conditions. Have other people look at the car and make comments (that you should document). Seeing as how you are at the Canadian GP the above is not going to be easy, especially trying to remember what was said and when. After you have documented as much as possible, you are ready to talk to somebody at Acura (not somebody at the dealership), and present your case to him/her. Do not make any demands about what should be done, let them make the first offer. You do not have to respond to them right away, think about what they say, and maybe talk it over with somebody else. The key here is to let them suggest corrective actions, and then add your needs to that. If you know anybody who is involved with Acura, perhaps that person could provide you with an example of what they have seen happen in similar situations (Jens any advice?).
It looks like a lot of rain at the GP, hope it clears up by Sunday, reminds me of some of the weekends at Watkins Glen.. YMMV
Old 06-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally posted by soopa
yea i prolly should of left it there.

unfortunately ive been without a car for 2 weeks. i have shit i need to do... im supposed to be in montreal for the Grand Prix YESTERDAY. Want to make it there for the race on sunday.

fuck. i hate this shit.

never ever ever ever again acura. dealerships are a reflection OF YOU.

new (aka refurbished) transmission seems to be alright thus far.

give it 1000 miles im sure it will be clunking all over again.

The $7000 F150 i was driving off and on while my car was in the shop makes less noises and has less rattles then this fucking thing.

i hate this car now. everything about it...

so extremely dissapointed.
Hah, finally the owner of the board echoes my sentiments I had of my old '98 F150.

What did they acutally hit that messed the car up that bad soopa? Did they tell you that, and did they tell you who was driving it?
Old 06-14-2003, 12:30 PM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

When I got the oil changed in my car...they told me it was ready and that its outside with the keys in it, as usual.

I went out there and no car...not anywhere....I went back in to the advisor and his eyes just about popped out of his head...they spent 20 minutes looking for my car, just to find it was in the back getting detailed....

My first thought was HOLY SH!T my car is stolen...but luckily i always dump everything out before taking it in....then my thoughts were...ahhh a brand new car...hehehe....

they got lucky on that one..

Soop...I hope everything works out dude...definetly I would get a lawyer or something to have a consult..check your options. Go to another dealership and have them look over the ENTIRE car and fix anything wrong with it...(dont tell them the story...just that you want ANYTHING wrong with the car fixed) then send the bill to the other dealership. Have a paint shop of your choice do some awesome a$$ work and send the bill to them...
Old 06-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

in addition: I wonder what the difference in odo meter was from when you dropped it off and picked it up was.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:03 PM
The Creator

i called them today, im scheduled to bring my car back to them on Thursday to see what we they can do for me to rectify the situation.

I would like to do it sooner... but I absolutely NEED the vehicle for this Wednesday.

Anyway, service manager says people from here have been emailing him! lol... pretty funny stuff.

but to be fair guys... plz dont email them until we see if they do right by this or not.

we will know in the coming days/weeks.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by CO-CL-S
Come on Jens, lets hear how everybody should calm down now!
dont be an ass