car came out like garbage!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 04:06 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
car came out like garbage!

so continued from here

I picked up my car today from Northeast Acura...

The car was parked out in the parking lot getting dirt & rained im sure just so i couldnt see the shitty body work.

Before I see it I say so what was fixed? "We repainted the fender and replaced your bumper"

(soo much for "a little dent in the fender") lie no. 1

So I take a look at the car... first off the bumper was not replaced. It was simply painted... and poorly. It was also reinstalled improperly... very misaligned.

My brand new '03 headlights are now fogging up.

The fender they admit to having repaired is suffering from the most disgusting orange peel I have ever ever ever seen. The inside of the fender is unfinished... like spray paint.

The inside of the engine bay has primer over spray all over everything.

now the ringer... the OTHER fender... which they claim not to have touched... LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY PUT TOUCHUP PAINT ALL OVER IT. You can see brush strokes.

Last but not least... my fuel filler door which wont close they didnt repair because of my system in the trunk. heh

Anyway...

So I had them write all the things i was unsatisfied with on the repair order and had them write that they would repair any additional damage I find.

What else should I do at this point?

Im going to bring the car back to them on Monday to fix that shit and to replace my headlights.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:07 PM
The Creator

btw, service manager said theyve had alot of people come into them from this website "paranoid" about the transmission problems.

boo fucking hoo!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Masshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's lots of service managers "paranoid" about the information shared on this site....they are a bunch of assholes. Sorry to hear about all your troubles, Soop...make sure you get your PCM upgrade while you're there!!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Suzuka Master

you gonna sue the shit out of them yet?

thats fucken unacceptable. BULLSHIT
Old 06-13-2003, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
how's the new tranny? Don't forget to reset the ecu and drive the shit out of it.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:15 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would demand to talk to the Acura district rep. Demand a new vehicle .. after they were going to install my 3rd tranny .. I offered Acura $2k and my '02 CLS (with 16k on the odo) for an '03 CLS-6er .. they took the deal to shut me up!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

that sucks man, any further explaination of what happened to the fender?
Old 06-13-2003, 04:16 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
You need to photograph your car top to bottom of all the damaged areas. You should they write a letter and fax it or send it certified mail to them and cc Honda Customer Service explaining your service woes over the tranny as well as the fact the accident occurred and was repaired without your input or knowledge. They cannot repair your car without your authorization. Body and paint work isn't the repair authorization you signed.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:17 PM
Banned

OMG adam, i feel bad for you dude, they obviously are lying out of their ASS!!!! not only does your car look like shit, but they lied about the damage and exactly what happend, thats fucking unexcusable bullshit, i would be demanding free body work at the shop of YOUR choice, as well as at least 2 months car payments free. no less. thats just total bullshit.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't let them get away with it.

I'd demand a new OEM bumper, and have them pay for the repairs/body work at the shop of your choice.

I'd also get them to repair the fogging lights...

That's unreal...
Old 06-13-2003, 04:19 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
they=then (itchy fingers all around)
Anyway, this should provide you decent leverage for REASONABLE demands for repair, replacement and some sort of concession (future service discounts, trade in discount or something)...
Yes you can be part of the wave of society and sue them and likely have a decent cause of action and recovery, but to each his own...
The more reasonable, professional and documented you are in situations like this, the better you are in the long run if they do not respond timely or appropriately...
Old 06-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Also, I'm not a HUGE fan of lawsuits and lawyers, but you may want to consult one to make sure this situation gets resolved correctly and to YOUR satisfaction. I'm not saying run out and sue, but a nice threatening legal letter may just get them to understand the severity of the situation.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
they really fucked up your car. If it was some small damage and everything was taken care of, then I would be fine with it.... Your car is NEVER going to be the same again.

Originally posted by DivinDude
I would demand to talk to the Acura district rep. Demand a new vehicle .. after they were going to install my 3rd tranny .. I offered Acura $2k and my '02 CLS (with 16k on the odo) for an '03 CLS-6er .. they took the deal to shut me up!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Adam, have you put in a call to customer service and explained all of this to them??? I'd be curious to hear their response...
Old 06-13-2003, 04:45 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
At this point, I can only see a whole new car being proper compensation. In reality, though, that is not likely at all, which is very unfortunate. Def get a lawyer, and have him/her write NEA a nasty ass letter. I can't stand those cunts. Maybe its just cuz I'm 17 (and look young), but they're always on these power trips. I had to replace a center cap on one of my rims, and I walked in and started talking to a salesman, but he completely ignored me. He just kept talkin to another salesman. I walked out, and haven't been back since. Assholes.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:51 PM
The Creator

paint on fender doesnt match hood...

hood has scratches in it...

theres a horrid metal on metal clicking/scratching sound coming from somewhere just in front of the driver... ahhhhh

F!EW!J)*UR(E*UD**(*(*(#(*@&*#$*&#*&@*&#&^*&@#^#@#Y ^@&#Ged@#uG&@#^#^@^#TY&&@#^$&HD&H#G@D^G@&#@*&@#*&^ &e$@#&RV&#D@YGyewg*r&wy&Y@#&YE&*@#&ey&*S&*&*@^&#^* &@&*&*#
Old 06-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh wow.. I'm really sorry to hear that. They really messed up big-time. And to think of all the people in the world to do it to....

I'd definitely not accept this. I'd look into legal recource if they don't fully repair the car to your satisfaction
Old 06-13-2003, 05:08 PM
'Cooter

i think it's time u brought the car back, gave them the keys, and tell them yer leaving the dealership in a 6-speed, or yer not leaving at all
Old 06-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Drifting

Come on Jens, lets hear how everybody should calm down now!
Old 06-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well the only way I see this comming out right, assuming the tranny's fixed, is to repaint the entire car. I live down the street from Berger Chevrolet, and have seen what they do to brand new Camaros to repaint them for their Berger Camaros. It's a $10,000.00 paint job, but the car is done right. Anything less is unacceptable at this point!
Old 06-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
My concern is he "accepted" the car, Soop you should have REFUSED the car and walked away to an attorney office.......THIS IS HORRIBLE ! IT RAISES MY BLOOD PRESSURE ! Please tell us what you think now Jens ????? :o
Old 06-13-2003, 06:23 PM
The Creator

yea i prolly should of left it there.

unfortunately ive been without a car for 2 weeks. i have shit i need to do... im supposed to be in montreal for the Grand Prix YESTERDAY. Want to make it there for the race on sunday.

fuck. i hate this shit.

never ever ever ever again acura. dealerships are a reflection OF YOU.

new (aka refurbished) transmission seems to be alright thus far.

give it 1000 miles im sure it will be clunking all over again.

The $7000 F150 i was driving off and on while my car was in the shop makes less noises and has less rattles then this fucking thing.

i hate this car now. everything about it...

so extremely dissapointed.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:27 PM
The Creator

i am so goddamn mad. why does it have to be the weekend. i cant even do shit about it
Old 06-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Advanced

First, take lots of pictures (to provide a "before and after" type thing if necessary). If the local service manager won't make things right, Then demand to speak with the regional service Manager . Maintain your composure in both cases and don't take "no" for an answer.

If the Regional Manger doesn't give you what you want (and be realistic and fair in what you want) go up the ladder until you get the response you deserve. You've got very valid complaints and they will probably see that too.

Additionally, I think you've got a lot of leverage with this site and they (Acura) won't be too happy with the bad publicity this could generate.

Good luck and keep us posted.

W
Old 06-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I stand by my original statement in the previous thread.

Kick them in the nuts.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:49 PM
Suzuka Master

did i call it or what!

i knew there was more then just a "minor" accident when they went ahead and started the repair before they notified soopa.

sidemarker
Old 06-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
thats terrible man.

demand satisfaction. :swear2:
Old 06-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I feel your pain

I agree with r10apple: take a deep breath, relax, and handle this professionally before turing to antics. Write appropriate letters to Acura and the dealership, and talk to people in charge. See what they will do for you before you make demands.

From what you describe it sounds like the whole front end needs to be PROPERLY repainted and the bumper or fender needs to be replaced.

I would ask for them to pay for such a job at a reputable body shop of your choice -- obviously their choice of body shop provides less then par service.

Unfortunately, for the damages that they caused, they are not required to buy you a new car like some have suggested. They need to fix your damages, as if you were in an collision where it wasn't your fault. I don't think a law suit is in order; they have not refused to satisfy you (yet).

A short story -- I once had my hood replaced at the expense of Sears. A lifetime ago, I was having tires changed and some yahoo decided it'd be fun to bounce a tire off my hood. I got a big dent. They had it repaired at the body shop of my choice. Moral of story -- repair shops do make errors and damage property...and they're insured for such events just as all businesses are.

They should take care of you and restore your car to it's pre-damaged condition.

...of couse everything I said should go out the window when they find out who you are and how much clout your site gets, and how much business your site generates. For that alone, they should make you a good deal on a trade to an NSX AND a daily driver (CL/TL/RL) of your choice!
Old 06-13-2003, 07:27 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,105 Likes on 2,708 Posts
Well i believe you said you got them to put it writing that they will repair any and all damage.
That is a good first step, hopefully they signed their names to it also. Keep that note someplace safe, it might come back to bite them in the ass hardcore if need be. But have the shop of your choice fix EVERYTHING on their dime.
And like others have said keep your cool.

I still suggest seeing a lawyer just to see what your options are and what ground you stand on. No one is saying sue, just educate yourself.

Good Luck, sorry youre getting bent over with hassles on this.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Beware of leakage

Hey soop, have any friends in the "arson" business.
see whose sattles would be blazing.:flamer:
If this was me, I would have probably lost all composure just looking at the car (I absolutley HATE Imperfection).
Really sorry to hear about it though bro.
Do follow through with threatening legal letter.
Keep us informed
Old 06-13-2003, 07:34 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CO-CL-S
I think considering that the facts are now coming to light, Soopa should persue this untill he is satisfied that the car and the situation is resolved .
So instead of trying to egg me into a silly and pointless argument about me telling people to calm down I am going to tell you that you are wasting your time in this .
So instead ,perhaps some constructive advice for Soopa who now has the unpleasant task of trying to deal with this particular problem would be infinitely more usefull than your pointless and frankly useless post .
Jens
Old 06-13-2003, 07:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Soopa, good luck with getting your car fixed. It's too bad the dealer messed up your car. Just remember, they started trying to hide (I mean, fix) the repairs before you even okayed them to start...this was their first fault and be sure to state that back to them. Next, all these things they tried to fix, be sure they understand that in no way were there any problems like that before. Sounds like somebody did a number with your car...still don't know the details so I can't flame too much, but from the sounds of it, they are definitely at fault. Hopefully they will compensate you for everything. Be sure they fix it to your liking and at the same time, you should still ask for compensation, which I think is quite alright. You did lose value in this incident.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Suzuka Master

this is fucking ridiculous!!! the owner of a-cl.com gets the shittiest damn service???! pure bullshit, im sure acura would LOVE to compensate you WELL
Old 06-13-2003, 08:29 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

The least you have to expect is relacing/fixing/painting to show room conditions. Any other compensation is only to make you happy for the inconvenience and being your CLS in the shop.

You have to be reasonable too.

For all those who said: "ue Sue Sue"... Please STF, if soop can hire a lawyer for $50/hrs... the dealer can hire many for $400/hr!

All what you would expect is fair settlement.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:33 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Slimey

Unfortunately, for the damages that they caused, they are not required to buy you a new car like some have suggested. They need to fix your damages, as if you were in an collision where it wasn't your fault. I don't think a law suit is in order; they have not refused to satisfy you (yet).

However, them fixing the car w/o his consent could make this a whole nother ball game.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS
you gonna sue the shit out of them yet?

thats fucken unacceptable. BULLSHIT
I'm with Joe, this is the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard.

PS - people SHOULD be paranoid about their trannies.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro

First thing you do .. is quit dealing with the flunky behind the service station .. go right up the ladder to the GM of the dealership. That's what I did when my 3rd tranny was installed on my car with my $2k offer to Acura (to get an '03 CLS 6er). I wasn't going to waste my time with anyone who in no way could make a decision.....BUT you MUST remain cool about it ..
Old 06-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Got BOOST????

Originally posted by Scooter
i think it's time u brought the car back, gave them the keys, and tell them yer leaving the dealership in a 6-speed, or yer not leaving at all
And tell them to call the cops, cause some people are about to get f*cked up.

Like i said in my original post, u konw something is wrong when they don't call you right from the start. i knew they were trying to cover something up. What, all of a sudden, when you call, they remember to tell you? What really burns me is that they try to screw with people when the say "Only get your car serviced at a gueinue acura dealership. And only use factory parts." The dealer would sell their own mothers down the river for . My honda was supposed to be 292 a month for 5 years. I sit down to sign the papers. I see 350 a month for 60 months . I'm like WTF. he starts talking about warrenty and some other bs. I'm like, i want the deal i was quoted. i start to walk out and guess what. 292 a month. I feel sorry for the people that fall for this sh*t.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ok, they had their chance, time for the rep.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:45 PM
The Creator

wouldnt a "suit" like this be small claims? wouldnt that mean no lawyers?

i cant afford no lawyer right now... so i got no interest in any of that.

i have no problem letting them try and repair the car back to original condition. im happy as long as they can do that.

unfortunately that means im going to be without my car for yet another extended period of time. i want to be reimbursed for that.

my main thing tho is that i dont lose yet more value in this depreciating piece of shit scrap metal i drive. im losing enough because its a fucking acura and they dont support any of their own cars... dont need to lose more because they FUCKED MY CAR UP.

errrr. so frustrated

Quick Reply: car came out like garbage!