Can Any toronto people explain this to me ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 10:11 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can Any toronto people explain this to me ?

I just moved to toronto not too long ago. I parked my car outside of the place i am staying beside the curb for the past week. This morning, as though if i am not already hurt seeing my babe CL covered with hard ice, i saw this tiny little bugger stick out between the line gap of my hood. I was liike.. WTF.. how can i get a ticket here ?? I mean sometimes you expect to get a ticket when you know you park somewhere u are not suppose to or did not bother to put money in.
So I picked up the ticket.. and the offense was not listed as an option for that guy to pick.. so he wrote.. the offense himself.."no parking between 2am-6am" .. So whats up what that ?? THis IS a residential area, and the guy had nothign to do 2am except to drive around in this freaking cold winter to give me this ticket ?? someone explain this to me ?? please ???
Old 01-30-2002, 10:13 AM
Race Director

wierd...

jelous of the car maybe...

i'm in toront, usually parking in residential area is ok...

but i know there are laws, its just there usually not enforced.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:13 AM
Race Director

what part of toront waas this?
Old 01-30-2002, 10:15 AM
Racer

Is it a North York city thing ?? or what ?? I am going to dispute this... So Amir.. u never heard of this crap also ? Is there such a law ??? How the hell was i suppose to know ?? There was no sign or anything...
Old 01-30-2002, 10:16 AM
Racer

north york !
Old 01-30-2002, 10:22 AM
Race Director

i think there is a law that a car cant be parked on residental roads for more than 6 or 8 hours or something like that, the only reason it would be ticketed even if you went over that amout of hours, would be if a neighbor called the cops and complained.

I dont think you can dispute parking tickets succesfully, but good luck.

how much was the ticket?

I never heard of a 2am-6am rule, but it could very well exist..there are so many hidden laws with parking.

do u think maybe a neighbor complained?
do you park there every night? maybe there is a neighbor that just doesnt want you to get in the habit of leaving your car there.

when i used to live with my parents, i used to park on by the curb overnight all the time, and that was in richmond hill..

although, North York, does have lots of residental streets that have heavy traffic, as oppose to richmond hill.

So how do you like Toronto other than that? Did u purchase your ride here or vancouver?
Old 01-30-2002, 10:29 AM
Racer

I don't understand !! Its understandable if there is a time limit on how long cars can be parked... but 2am to 6am..? i don't know.. sounds too fishy to me. I got my car in vancouver, and i am still carrying a BC plate. Maybe thats why. But I am going to call and yell.

How do i like toronto ? I don't know.. vancouver is definitely a more pleasant place to live, beautiful city except rain too much. Toronto is like the real world i feel, people here are more cold and serious where as in vancouver, people seem to be more friendly and easy going. Anyways, I screwed up in school in BC.. so now i am in York.. So i heard you go to york also ?
Old 01-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by skyline
I don't understand !! Its understandable if there is a time limit on how long cars can be parked... but 2am to 6am..? i don't know.. sounds too fishy to me. I got my car in vancouver, and i am still carrying a BC plate. Maybe thats why. But I am going to call and yell.

How do i like toronto ? I don't know.. vancouver is definitely a more pleasant place to live, beautiful city except rain too much. Toronto is like the real world i feel, people here are more cold and serious where as in vancouver, people seem to be more friendly and easy going. Anyways, I screwed up in school in BC.. so now i am in York.. So i heard you go to york also ?

yeah call them and give them shit...

it does sound fishy since he had to write himself 2-6

yeah i go to york, admin studies in atkinson.

what are you taking?
Old 01-30-2002, 10:37 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

In North york, during the winter time, you CANNOT PARK on the street from 2am-6pm or you will get ticketed... they do this to ease clearing the snow... When you drive into North York from another city (Like Scarb. or Thornhill), you will notice a sign that specifies no parking on city streets!
Old 01-30-2002, 10:43 AM
Racer

I see now..I suppose its reasonable, but how was i suppose to know ???? SERIOUSLY... why was there no warning given to a stranger to this city ?? Anyways, I don't think i will pay.. I am going to keep my good old BC plate anyways, screw them.
thanx for clearing it up though Ruvs..
Old 01-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Racer

amir, I am taking economic stuff.. hope i will get out of here soon ! Where do you park in schoool? ?? york lane is kind of expansive !!
Old 01-30-2002, 10:45 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by skyline
amir, I am taking economic stuff.. hope i will get out of here soon ! Where do you park in schoool? ?? york lane is kind of expansive !!
skyline, i'm gonna pm you..forum has to keep car talk car related bro.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:46 AM
Racer

Ruvs man... whose turbo is that ?? is that yours ?? Holy.. thats the only porsche i think its worth owning... anything else is just phony and wannabe porsche.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:54 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wish...it's my buddy's ride.... He has since traded it in and awaiting delivery of a Ferrari 360 Mondena in May!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:50 AM
8th Gear

same things happened to me before.. that must be a snow route... u can't park there during winter 'coz they'll have problem while cleaning the snow... I believe u can park there during summer time!!
by the way, welcome to Toronto!!!

oh yeah... the police said.. that's why they have to give tickets to prevent ppl from parking there 'coz the city is not responsible for the damage on ur car while cleaning the snow if u park on the snow route....