Is camber kit needed for Eibachs Pros?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 06:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is camber kit needed for Eibachs Pros?

Whats up all, this topic again oh no. But seriously, feedback needed. I like the more even drop Eibachs pro kit gives you as opposed to Comptechs rake look, but I hear that they dont fit well into the CLS, and that you will need a camber kit, but also you will need to replace your tires every 10k . Someone please set this info straight? CLpower, blxmjx anyone? Thanks

------------------
---------------------
'01 CLS Satin Silver w/Black, Navi-less, spoiler,
Tint 15%, Polarqs M6s, Desired Mods: 18" Wheels/tires, Springs/Sways, CAI, subwoofer.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...513&a=12224080
Old 04-17-2001, 06:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
it's not needed, but for me my tokico shocks sit a little lower then the stock shocks, so it would be a little beneficial, but as long as i rotate tires often i should be fine. When i had my car SLAMMED i went through a set of tires in 7K right down to the metal cause my camber was so bad.
Old 04-17-2001, 06:49 PM
KISS MY

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big_Pimp's_Type_S:
Whats up all, this topic again oh no. But seriously, feedback needed. I like the more even drop Eibachs pro kit gives you as opposed to Comptechs rake look, but I hear that they dont fit well into the CLS, and that you will need a camber kit, but also you will need to replace your tires every 10k . Someone please set this info straight? CLpower, blxmjx anyone? Thanks

</font>
I would like to know to whats with changing my tires does that mean routing aligh or replace.. If replace screw that.. I'll go with the monster truck look...

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
MB quart speakers PPI amps.
Old 04-17-2001, 06:50 PM
Rod
Drifting

I need info on the Pro-Kit too. According to Doug at Rick Case Acura you can get the car aligned to within factory specs with the Pro-Kit, but on the outer limits of the factory specs. I want to know if the alignment deteriorates the more you drive the car with the Pro-Kit or if you're fine once the springs settle? Also, is the excessive tire wear true? I didn't think it was going to be too bad.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S
Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony

Stock, for now at least.
Old 04-17-2001, 06:54 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
the tire wear won't be that extreme at all. And yes w/ the pro-kit you can still work w/ the factory alignment specs w/o a problem. You will be fine w/ it. Except if you don't rotate your tires often you might get a lil premature wear. In my opinion, you'll be fine w/o it. But if you want to go lower it's a good investmant.
Old 04-17-2001, 06:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I wasn't able to get my car into factory spec in the rear with my pro-kit, but the front was fine. The rear has some negative camber, but the guys at the tire shop said it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, I've only driven about 2500 since I had it installed, so I can't give you a long term trial... but I don't notice any severe uneven tire wear yet. Otherwise, I LOVE IT! Great mix between handling and comfort.

------------------
White/Black 2001 CL-S (3rd sold in Austin)
- navigation, moonroof visor,upgraded cupholder, Acura spoiler
- Polarg m-6, tint 20% rear, 35% sides, Eibach springs
- 18" Racing Hart C2000 Evo's w/Pirelli P7000's, V1 hardwired
Old 04-17-2001, 06:57 PM
KISS MY

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
the tire wear won't be that extreme at all. And yes w/ the pro-kit you can still work w/ the factory alignment specs w/o a problem. You will be fine w/ it. Except if you don't rotate your tires often you might get a lil premature wear. In my opinion, you'll be fine w/o it. But if you want to go lower it's a good investmant.</font>
If i buy them will a dealer typically install them or do I have to goto a mom and pop shop... New to chicago area don't trust anyone up here..

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
MB quart speakers PPI amps.
Old 04-17-2001, 06:58 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sigs21:
Originally posted by CLpower:
the tire wear won't be that extreme at all. And yes w/ the pro-kit you can still work w/ the factory alignment specs w/o a problem. You will be fine w/ it. Except if you don't rotate your tires often you might get a lil premature wear. In my opinion, you'll be fine w/o it. But if you want to go lower it's a good investmant.</font>
If i buy them will a dealer typically install them or do I have to goto a mom and pop shop... New to chicago area don't trust anyone up here..

That depends on the dealers in your area.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S

Stock, for now at least.
Old 04-17-2001, 07:06 PM
Safety Car

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
Thanks for feedback CLpower, but few more questions:
How often will the tires need to be rotated? I usually rotate every 7500, every 3k?
I dont really want to go lower, I just want an even look. The measurements on the pro-kit is 1.5 in the front and 1.75 in the rear, correct?
Will the rear tire tuck?

------------------
---------------------
'01 CLS Satin Silver w/Black, Navi-less, spoiler,
Tint 15%, Polarqs M6s, Desired Mods: 18" Wheels/tires, Springs/Sways, CAI, subwoofer.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...513&a=12224080
Old 04-17-2001, 07:09 PM
Rod
Drifting

Someone said that the Pro-Kit gives you a 2 finger gap over the rear wheels.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S

Stock, for now at least.