Bypassing foglights

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001 | 12:59 PM
Racer

Bypassing foglights

I just bought my 2002 CL-S and am a little confused as to why Acura did not include a switch to turn on/off the driving lights. They are included in the 2002 TL. Anyway, in my old Avenger, I got instructions from ASOG on how to bypass the fuses so that the driving lights will come on with the parking lights. Anyone out there do this already, or know how to? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-01-2001 | 01:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Bypassing foglights

Originally posted by 02 Aegean CLS
I just bought my 2002 CL-S and am a little confused as to why Acura did not include a switch to turn on/off the driving lights. They are included in the 2002 TL. Anyway, in my old Avenger, I got instructions from ASOG on how to bypass the fuses so that the driving lights will come on with the parking lights. Anyone out there do this already, or know how to? Any help would be greatly appreciated
we have foglights?!?

if you're talking about the piss-poor excuse for auxiliary lights that we have on the car, those aren't fogs or driving lights.

they're supposed to be just marker lights not even for marking but just for looks, that's why they don't have a switch.

i think someone wired them to go on with the side markers...it's probably not too complicated except to find the correct wires to wire it to.
Old 11-01-2001 | 03:38 PM
Instructor

i got you~

hey man
click on "garage"
then go to "usesful topics"
look through the topics and you'll find 2 if i remember that have picts. and brief directions to do it.

they're title under "newbie rewiring" or something of the likes
can't miss it

I was considering this as well till i found out i wouldn't pass the state inspection doing so

The easiest way to get into the bumper and fakey foggers is articulated in our acura mauals.....

taking the fakey fog lights is actually quite easy as well
it's all an external job.....took me forever to figure out

hope this help.....
parts are available at ne autoshop.....they have em at pepboys
although i wan't sure which ones would work

tuboz
Old 11-01-2001 | 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

I agree with mrdeeno. I wouldn't mess with re-wiring those, they are not fog lights... they are 5 watt wedge bulbs that are the same as your dome light. You will most likely fail inspection if they don't come on with your headlights b/c of the fact that they are marker lights. The TL has actual fog lights, which is why we have a switch......
Old 11-01-2001 | 04:13 PM
Old timer

Re: Re: Bypassing foglights

I bought an Inspire foglight switch (same one you'll see in a TL/RL/MDX, etc) and am planning on having a tech install it for me and hook it up so the foglights come on with the amber lights and the headlights, AND i can use the switch to just turn them off entirely. We'll see. I haven't had time to get down to the dealer to talk to the tech lately.