Buying my first mod...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 05:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Buying my first mod...

Originally posted by Yumchah
Where do brakes fall in?
Brakes? You mean we should slow down? What's the fun in that?

On a more serious note, I'd say twisties, although done right they can look good, and stopping if a kid runs in front of your car while dragging is always good.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Buying my first mod...

Where do brakes fall in?
Only when you're stock ones are shot! Then it's a maintenance upgrade, not a modification.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:24 PM
Banned

Wow...that was a fast reply! What do you do? Live on this board (joke)?!??

Anyhow, how much would the springs drop my car by (from wheel to wheel-well)? 1 inch? 0.5 inch?

As well, I've just gone through some of the posts about the Comptech Iceboxes...Hmmmm...maybe I should get AEM to be on the safe side???? Am I missing something here? My knowledge of car mechanics is definitely wanting, but I do notice what everyone is concerned about when they look at the Comptech's structure...

I'm not trying to beat a dead issue here as no one on this forum has done a dyno yet with the Icebox. However, I am wondering what are the possibilities of the Icebox outperforming the AEM BECAUSE of the potential limits in its design...? Because if everyone is just concerned that the Comptech is unlikely to BEAT the AEM but it is probably going to get the SAME result, I'll keep my order. However, if it seems doubtful for it to even come close the AEM, I DO have a problem with that...Thoughts? Sidemarker? Anyone?

Yumchah your new so Ill say it to you twice get the Comptech Ice-box from DeanBluesli $240 shipped put it on your car with the instructions enclosed and enjoy.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Intermediate

Hey Yumchah,
What part of Canada do you live in? Where did you order your ice box from?
Thanks
Old 02-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,947 Likes on 14,061 Posts
Originally posted by polar
Hey Yumchah,
What part of Canada do you live in? Where did you order your ice box from?
Thanks
Hey polar: I'm in Edmonton. I ordered my intake from Deter of Matrix Motorsports.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,947 Likes on 14,061 Posts
Originally posted by lou
Yumchah your new so Ill say it to you twice get the Comptech Ice-box from DeanBluesli $240 shipped put it on your car with the instructions enclosed and enjoy.
lou: Thanks for your recommendation. I hear that at one point you owned the AEM CAI but now have switched to the Comptech and swear by it. So, do you mind telling me what exactly is it about the Icebox that makes it so much more better than CAI? Are we talking about a major improvement?
Old 02-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Banned

lou: Thanks for your recommendation. I hear that at one point you owned the AEM CAI but now have switched to the Comptech and swear by it. So, do you mind telling me what exactly is it about the Icebox that makes it so much more better than CAI? Are we talking about a major improvement?
Increase of power gear towards lower RPMs meaning more use in daily driving as well as high rpms also. So get the best of both worlds were AEM is geared better for high RPM and not for torque. Again this is all speculatory so wait for the official dyno Slyrascal has been missing since he was going to post the dyno.....I hope the AEM people didn't get to him first I better start looking over my shoulder