Bullsh!t ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 04:43 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bullshit ticket

On my way to the acura dealership, my lane was ending so i had to merge, the cop says i didnt use my signal so he gave me a ticket. My record is clear and he still gave me a ticket for this. The cop car was a totally unmarked burgundy z28 camaro, has any one else got a ticket for not using your signal?? i think this is the biggest bullshit ever. Now i gotta go get a lawyer to handle this for me cause if my dad finds out i got a ticket he'll sell my car. I hate fuckin cops.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:48 PM
Masshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fight it in court. You have a clean record which will speak well for you. I'd recommend being apologetic to the judge and hope he's sympathetic.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Drifting

Why didn't you signal? You may be able to plead that you were concentrating so hard on finding a clear spot to pull over into, you thought you had signalled, but must have missed it. A first ticket I would expect a judge to over look..
Old 11-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Balla on a Budget

Originally posted by EdgarFanCLS
Fight it in court. You have a clean record which will speak well for you. I'd recommend being apologetic to the judge and hope he's sympathetic.
Clean Record? You have been driving for what a year now?
I hardly think that counts as a clean record length of time.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not as bad as all of the morons here whom always seem to do illegal lane usage while turning. Drives me crazy! Stay in your lane while turning! The other lane is not there for you to drift into.

Why oh why can't we have a driver skill test here in the US?
Old 11-20-2002, 04:58 PM
Banned

hate to break it to you, but your dad will find out..the ambulance chaser shiester lawyers ALWAYS check police reports for every traffic violation everyday and you will get at least 3-5 of these cheesy letters in the mail from lawyers saying that they heard about your ticket and wanna help blah blah...how you gonna explain those to dad??
Old 11-20-2002, 05:26 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by ktgumbo
Clean Record? You have been driving for what a year now?
I hardly think that counts as a clean record length of time.

Easy there. I wasn't savvy like like the rest of you to look up what his age was. I just assumed he'd been on the road for awhile. I guess that's what I get for not reading all the way through the post and missing the "dad" reference at the end.

My bad. The clean record plea probably won't work too well in this case.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Banned

It's a bs ticket....if nothing else just go to traffic school.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,451 Likes on 3,769 Posts
Originally posted by jimcol711
hate to break it to you, but your dad will find out..the ambulance chaser shiester lawyers ALWAYS check police reports for every traffic violation everyday and you will get at least 3-5 of these cheesy letters in the mail from lawyers saying that they heard about your ticket and wanna help blah blah...how you gonna explain those to dad??
I STRONGLY disagree here Jim. I am a lawyer, and I got one of these bullshit and I do mean bullshit tickets about two years ago. I was coming down a rural expressway doing 75, there was a car back at a farm behind me one mile and nothing in front of me. I brake, get off, slow down, signal, turn right and Blam! Lights go on behind me. I think WTF? A sheriff crossed thru the median to catch me. B/c he said "you were definitely speeding, I just didn't get you on radar, I'm givin' you a ticket for something." I say "Officer, I represent sheriffs, troopers and local police unions and their members, can you reconsider giving me a ticket since there were no other cars, blah, blah, blah. He sez, No. I end up w/ two parking tickets (non moving violation), 80 fine. And to set the record straight, lawyers do not get a log of tickets, they can (anyone can for that matter) get accident reports which will have tickets on it) A lawyer is strictly forbidden from directly soliciting a client by phone, tho he can send a we hear you might need our help letter. If you are getting solicitations like this Jim, I'd highly recommend you call the State Bar Association lawyer complaint line (every state has one).

As for the person who requested help, all you have to do is go in, talk to the prosecutor, tell him what happened, no other violations, no collisions, no alcohol, no other factors, ask for a non-moving violation ticket which you will plead guilty to, go up accept your penalty and pay your fine to the clerk. You do NOT need a lawyer so don't hire one. I'd come clean w/ dear ol' dad too, tho he may not hear about it, one of his friends may be in the courtroom!
Old 11-20-2002, 08:13 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

just do defensive driving classes and get it off... u'll waste more money on the lawyer anyway

as for ur dad, he should understand since it is ur first ticket and not a reckless one (wont effect the insurance).... big deal that u didnt signal - ur dad will get over it
Old 11-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Listen to chief F1, he speaketh the truth.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Goto the auto parts store and purchase a 99 cent light bulb. Bring your receipt to court. Tell the Judge that you did signal but the light was blown. Now its a fix it ticket. $30
Old 11-20-2002, 09:40 PM
///M POWER

Originally posted by Quincy
Goto the auto parts store and purchase a 99 cent light bulb. Bring your receipt to court. Tell the Judge that you did signal but the light was blown. Now its a fix it ticket. $30
not that bad of an idea, i wonder if it will work, i'll talk to my lawyer about it.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:13 PM
Balla on a Budget

Originally posted by EdgarFanCLS
Easy there. I wasn't savvy like like the rest of you to look up what his age was. I just assumed he'd been on the road for awhile. I guess that's what I get for not reading all the way through the post and missing the "dad" reference at the end.

My bad. The clean record plea probably won't work too well in this case.
Actually all that i did was check his sig
A-CL.com Under 18 Member
Old 11-21-2002, 04:37 AM
Senior Moderator

DarrinB, did you not read this: As for the person who requested help, all you have to do is go in, talk to the prosecutor, tell him what happened, no other violations, no collisions, no alcohol, no other factors, ask for a non-moving violation ticket which you will plead guilty to, go up accept your penalty and pay your fine to the clerk. You do NOT need a lawyer so don't hire one. I'd come clean w/ dear ol' dad too, tho he may not hear about it, one of his friends may be in the courtroom!
Old 11-21-2002, 07:45 AM
im back

i dont know how it is where you are but in NY you plead not guilty, you go back 3-4 months later plead not guilty with a plea bargain and a ticket like that will go to an equipment violation a 50$ fine with no points. happened to me when i ran a red light(i also knew someone on the board) but everyone else just take a plea and then you'll just pay money.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by shaHn78
just do defensive driving classes and get it off... u'll waste more money on the lawyer anyway

as for ur dad, he should understand since it is ur first ticket and not a reckless one (wont effect the insurance).... big deal that u didnt signal - ur dad will get over it
as a dad of a 19 yr old girl and 17 boy, i want to know
tell your dad, it is a BS ticket, he will trust you more then if you lied
Old 11-21-2002, 09:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by shaHn78

i have 17/19 year old kids

i want to hear it from them

so does your dad

tell him, he will trust you more and he will get over it

if you don't, and he WILL find out
Old 11-21-2002, 09:23 AM
Banned

yeah, just tell pops, i mean seriously, would he REALLY sell a brand new car because oyu got a ridiculous ticket?? would he really willingly lose hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars selling this car just because you got a ticket?? and its not like you got a DUI or racing ticket or something, its something totally ridiculous, dont be so scared of daddy, he wont sell the car, that would be foolish, especially for such a trivial ticket.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Man just go to court and talk to the prosecutor...when i got pulled over for not using my signals x 4 times..he laughed and dismissed the ticket. But I also had tickets for speeding 40-25 and tinted windows.. All the points got dropped..but I had some fines to pay for it.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:37 AM
///M POWER

ok, so the prosecutor is the cop that gave me the ticket right?? you guys dont understand about my dad, well lemme get some things cleared, this is not my first ticket, i got a ticket for doin 93 in a 65 3 months ago, but that ticket is over and done with, they assigned it as a blockade and they said it wont even show on my record, so when the cop checked my record yesterday nothing came up, unless that ticket really didnt erase off my record
Old 11-21-2002, 11:59 AM
Racer

you can do that that will cost you a 1xx.00 dollar fine and point on your record... or you can go and fight the case and hope to god the dude who gave yo a ticket doesnt goto court. if he doesnt show up, you win! or you can ask for a fix it ticket. or with good ol im sorry dad.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:00 PM
Racer

i know another one! pay the ticket yourself and take the violation notice that will be sent to your house
Old 11-21-2002, 12:49 PM
Banned

Dude....all tickets issued are stored on the Police Database.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:05 PM
///M POWER

i dont know if my old ticket still exists or not, but i'm just gonna go the safe way and pay 250 for a lawyer, he says he 95% sure he can get rid off all the points(2)
Old 11-21-2002, 01:08 PM
Banned

Trust me...everything is entered into the database.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:25 PM
Meat Popsicle

Next time use your signal.
I think it's funny that you violate a law and blame the cop for it. He could have let you go, but why should he?

You shouldn't lie to you father, since it sounds like he fronted you the car. Then you do him by bullshitting him. Very low.
Time to be a man.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Meat Popsicle

Remember, if you drive through a store front and wipe out 2-3 people, auto insurance ain't gonna cover the damages. He'll proably lose everything he worked fro cause you choose to do things like drive 90+ on a public road. I wouldn't trust you either.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Balla on a Budget

Re: Bullshit ticket

Originally posted by darrinb
My record is clear and he still gave me a ticket for this. Now i gotta go get a lawyer to handle this for me cause if my dad finds out i got a ticket he'll sell my car. I hate fuckin cops.
you guys dont understand about my dad, well lemme get some things cleared, this is not my first ticket, i got a ticket for doin 93 in a 65 3 months ago, but that ticket is over and done with,
Hahah you are already caught in a lie here, so i think you will be def caught by daddy!
Old 11-21-2002, 04:47 PM
Grammar Police

Originally posted by jimcol711
Uh, I have never gotten anything at my house from lawyers about speeding tickets, not when I got my tickets, nor back
when I lived with my parents and they got cited....

Don't really know what you're talking about....
Old 11-21-2002, 04:59 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
i just got a speeding ticket, doing 52 in a 35, not a big deal at all... hopefully i can apply for traffic school but... what's a non-moving violation? is that like a 30$ parking ticket? cuz my fine is about 130$ and if possible i'd like to pay ass little as possible =D please help! i'm desperate, willing to beg for advice! =P
Old 11-21-2002, 05:03 PM
Certified Lurker

Theres realy no reason to get a lawyer at all...i was just in court last night for a ticket i got for making a right on red, when there was no right alowd on red at this perticular intersection between 4-6....i got the ticket at 4:30....anyway i went in, the prosicuter was like ok you did this, were you nice to the cop, i said yes, and she was like ok plead guilty and we will reduce it to no points from 2 and a 130 fine....i took it and that was it....no lawyer needed....and im in the same boat as you, 18 years old....just never pulled over before....and i bought my car so no parents to worry about, but whatever, just leting you know that you dont need a lawyer....
Old 11-22-2002, 04:19 AM
Senior Moderator

i dont know if my old ticket still exists or not, but i'm just gonna go the safe way and pay 250 for a lawyer, he says he 95% sure he can get rid off all the points(2)
Wake UP!! "he says he 95% sure he can get rid of all the points" NO SHIT! I am 100% sure you can get rid of the points-- YOURSELF! Another thing, if this lawyer is only costing you $250, I apologize, but he/she can't be worth a whole helluva lot, knowwhatImean?
Old 11-22-2002, 01:07 PM
///M POWER

Originally posted by Chief F1 Fan
Wake UP!! "he says he 95% sure he can get rid of all the points" NO SHIT! I am 100% sure you can get rid of the points-- YOURSELF! Another thing, if this lawyer is only costing you $250, I apologize, but he/she can't be worth a whole helluva lot, knowwhatImean?
i've talked to people about west bloomfield's prsecutor(city where i got the ticket), and he will give me points right away cause i'm 17 years old, i know he wont give me a chance,

the lawyer is my best friends cousin, so i think he's suposed to give me a good deal, do you think 250 is alot??
Old 11-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Doubt you'd find much cheaper so don't waste your time and just pay the $250.

My neck of woods is $350
Old 11-23-2002, 07:19 AM
Senior Moderator

No, I'm saying the opposite. If he's only charging you 250 my question is to his/her ability. that is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! But, I see he's a friend's cousin so somebody's doin' you a favor. I still say, go in and talk to prosecutor. If he sez no deal, THEN get a lawyer but if you insist on trying to get it done first time in court, then spend your $$$$$.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:32 PM
///M POWER

Originally posted by Chief F1 Fan
No, I'm saying the opposite. If he's only charging you 250 my question is to his/her ability. that is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! But, I see he's a friend's cousin so somebody's doin' you a favor. I still say, go in and talk to prosecutor. If he sez no deal, THEN get a lawyer but if you insist on trying to get it done first time in court, then spend your $$$$$.
yea its good to know people, but too much is on the line to go to court w/o a lawyer, were talkin about my baby here, i love this car even though it gets me in sooo much trouble
Old 11-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

why did ur dad buy u a fast car if he's so ticky about u speeding and getting tickets? Ur a teen so of course u'll drive fast and even faster in a cls 6sp

but whatever u do for THIS ticket... just make sure u sell ur car and get a v-3 geo so u end up in this shit again
Old 11-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Intermediate

hey im 16 and got my CLS as my birthday present and there is no way in hell im going from that to a v-3 geo...my rents are the same way about tickets and all that (fortunately i havent gotten any and dont plan on it either, thank you V1!) but anyways, i would do w/e it takes to make sure that ticket disappears
Old 11-24-2002, 06:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Birthday present???

Quick Reply: Bullsh!t ticket