Broke my cherry...smokey nails me :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 01:11 AM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke my cherry...smokey nails me :(

i dunno how this was possible...happened in Jericho on the Long Island Expwy. in traffic in the right lane at approx 11PM...copper nails me doin 87

cops were out in full force tonight for some reason..i spotted at least 6 people pulled over in the course of the 45 minute drive

o, and check this out...as i was coming home from dropping my girl off, im doin 75 in the right lane on the LIE, and i see a cop pull onto the expwy from an onramp up ahead...of course i popped from 5th to 3rd in no time to get down to 60 or so...he lags behind (prob to start gunning people) then speeds up behind me, switches lanes and pulls next to me doin 65 at this point...i look at him, and he looks at me with this face like i could so nail u if i wanted...then he speeds off, so i get his plate number...guess what??? SAME as on my ticket...it was the SAME cop who almost nailed me TWICE in 1 night...at that point, i was like off the highway ASAP and taking local backroads

i plan on going to court and fighting this to the death...i also heard if i'm still found guilty, i could make a charitable donation and my record stays clean, but i can't verify the validity.

had i not procrastinated and gotton V1, this prob wouldn't have happened...first the Type S floormats, now V1...when am i ever gonna learn??? :sqnteek: :angry: :shakehd: :thumbsdn:
Old 08-11-2002, 01:34 AM
Pro

That SUCKS. Luckily no second ticket.
Old 08-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subliminal message............. Get the V1............... Get the V1...
Old 08-11-2002, 04:50 AM
ALi G in the House!

damnit someone find a group buy on the v1!
Old 08-11-2002, 07:09 AM
A-CL Official BMW Troll

That's crazy about the same officer.Yeah, recently there has been a lot of cops on LIE. I don't even attempt to go faster than 75 on it. Most cops on LIE use laser, so a radar detector would only let you know that you got hit. I've even see the cops get out of their car and aim the laser gun like an actual gun at you. Anyway, good luck w/you speeding ticket.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:01 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

shoulda bought that v1 bro............
Old 08-11-2002, 09:25 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
damn you should have got a v1
Old 08-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Masshole

I hear you, Scoot....I got nailed last Tuesday at 2:15am on the Mass Pike. I had just WOT'd it on the on-ramp...AS SOON as I got in the right hand lane, Statey is RIGHT THERE in the breakdown lane. 81 in a 65...bumped it down to 75 in a 65 on the ticket, then circled 81 above it. I'm also fighting it to the death.....good luck, mang.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:25 PM
:)

do cops on the highway actually use radar? i was under the impression that most of the cops on the highway just catch people who speed by following them and trying to match their speed... maybe its just cali....
Old 08-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by pofi
do cops on the highway actually use radar?
Those unmarked pace cars scare me. Fortunately, they still use radar in Oregon and Washington. Last Monday there were over a dozen cops tagging cars within the 1-hr drive north of Seattle on I-5. Fortunately only two of the radar units were Laser but three were ghost cars.
Old 08-11-2002, 02:15 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by CarFreak
That's crazy about the same officer.Yeah, recently there has been a lot of cops on LIE. I don't even attempt to go faster than 75 on it. Most cops on LIE use laser, so a radar detector would only let you know that you got hit. I've even see the cops get out of their car and aim the laser gun like an actual gun at you. Anyway, good luck w/you speeding ticket.
And those are the limitation of laser. Cops must use the device outside of the vehicle, thru an open window, etc. Can't be used at night, it must be aimed like a handgun, so each and every clocking must be deliberate. Must be stationary, can't be moving. Sometimes a bit much for the casual officer who's more interested in just clocking cars. This plus being expensive is preventing laser from overtaking radar; lucky us!
Old 08-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by kensteele

And those are the limitation of laser. Cops must use the device outside of the vehicle, thru an open window, etc. Can't be used at night, it must be aimed like a handgun, so each and every clocking must be deliberate. Must be stationary, can't be moving. Sometimes a bit much for the casual officer who's more interested in just clocking cars. This plus being expensive is preventing laser from overtaking radar; lucky us!
Yeah i agree on the limitations, not alot of cops want to stand outside in real hot or cold and damp weather. I didn't know about night being no good, thanks for the info.
Old 08-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Old timer

then he speeds off, so i get his plate number...guess what??? SAME as on my ticket...it was the SAME cop who almost nailed me TWICE in 1 night...
So basically he noticed you were a possible speeder so he sped up and went ahead and waited for you.

And yeah fight it so you can get around it.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My friend is an officer out there.
I got a transcript of the police pull-over as recorded from his hidden mic.

(11:00PM)
(Saturday, August 10, 2002)

Start playing Chase Scene from Ronin now:

COP: 1010 ZERO ONE NINER NINER we got a bandit heading east speed approx 90mph. Red Car.... Honda.....

CHRIS: (MUSIC PLAYING: ABBA, Dancing Queen) "You can dance, You can die, having the time of your life"

COP: 1010 ZERO ONE NINER NINER I'm going to pull him over

CHRIS: (MUSIC PLAYING: ABBA, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme) "Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee a man after midnight" (Music louder now, sound of sirens in the backround)

COP: "1010 ZERO ONE NINER NINER I have a Red Honda... Errr Acura CL-S Extreme glare from shine hurting eyes plate number CLOWNSU some obscure reference to clown love... Gonna need backup I hear ABBA playing.....

CHRIS: "Oh, no! It's the MAN! (Fixes hair, hides ABBA CD case, shoves disco ball and lip gloss under seat)

COP: "DRIVERS LICENSE, REGISTRATION PLEASE"

CHRIS: "Why am I being pulled over?"

COP: "SPEEDING AND OFFENSE NUMBER ABA1108"

CHRIS: "What is ABA1108?"

COP: "It says here your 25. Playing ghey canadian music over and above your own age is illegal and just a damn shame.. gonna have to tow the car"

CHRIS: "Tow the car? But I was only doing 85mph"

COP: "I know, its because of the Abba"

CHRIS: "Reaches into CD player, removes Abba CD shows it to cop....."

COP: "I'M gonna have to confiscate the Abba"

CHRIS: "If I break it now, will you forgive me?"

COP: "CD Case and all?"

CHRIS: "Yes...... (sniffle and tear present)"

COP: "Give me the disco ball and it's a deal"

CHRIS: "How did you know about the disco ball?"

COP: "You Abba freaks are all the same"

CHRIS: (Visibly crying) "Ok, here it is"

COP: "Here is your speeding ticket Have a good night" backs away slowly, hand on gun....

J/K sorry to hear bout your ticket, I blame ABBA.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:37 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by eclipse23

COP: "Give me the disco ball and it's a deal"

CHRIS: "How did you know about the disco ball?"

COP: "You Abba freaks are all the same"

CHRIS: (Visibly crying) "Ok, here it is"

COP: "Here is your speeding ticket Have a good night" backs away slowly, hand on gun....
they may take my balls, but i'll always b the dancing queen
Old 08-11-2002, 07:41 PM
:)

lol
Old 08-12-2002, 06:19 AM
'Cooter

well, just ordered V1 with concealed this morning next day air (i don't mind paying the extra $15 (already spent about $450, what's another $15?? )...some people have to learn the hard way...i'm sad to say i'm 1 of em :'(
Old 08-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Instructor

kensteele, i so wish you were right about this one, however, i was tagged once going 90mph on I-5 from san francisco to L.A. and the highway patrol car was heading in the opposite direction. i was surprised as hell to see the HP bust a quick one and run my ass down in 15 seconds flat. when i came to a stop and began the usual ass kissing routine he told me that he had clocked me doing 90+ in a 75mph zone... wtf!
Old 08-12-2002, 12:41 PM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

Thats the funniest x-script I have ever heard!!!!

Old 08-12-2002, 02:03 PM
At least it's not Jersey

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS

kensteele, i so wish you were right about this one, however, i was tagged once going 90mph on I-5 from san francisco to L.A. and the highway patrol car was heading in the opposite direction. i was surprised as hell to see the HP bust a quick one and run my ass down in 15 seconds flat. when i came to a stop and began the usual ass kissing routine he told me that he had clocked me doing 90+ in a 75mph zone... wtf!
Laser can not be used while the vehicle is moving. Are you sure it wasn't radar? The other possibility is another stationary unit or plane clocked you and that cop just pulled you over and wrote you up.

Unfortunately, Ken, the new laser guns will now work thru glass/windshields so no more rolling down the windows in the dead of winter for PO-lice. Thankfully it will be a while before those are widespread.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Broke my cherry...smokey nails me :(

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scooter
[B]i dunno how this was possible...happened in Jericho on the Long Island Expwy. in traffic in the right lane at approx 11PM...copper nails me doin 87

cops were out in full force tonight for some reason..i spotted at least 6 people pulled over in the course of the 45 minute drive

o, and check this out...as i was coming home from dropping my girl off, im doin 75 in the right lane on the LIE, and i see a cop pull onto the expwy from an onramp up ahead...of course i popped from 5th to 3rd in no time to get down to 60 or so...he lags behind (prob to start gunning people) then speeds up behind me, switches lanes and pulls next to me doin 65 at this point...i look at him, and he looks at me with this face like i could so nail u if i wanted...then he speeds off, so i get his plate number...guess what??? SAME as on my ticket...it was the SAME cop who almost nailed me TWICE in 1 night...at that point, i was like off the highway ASAP and taking local backroads

hey chris, what's on the ticket, they show the method they used to get your speed

radar
lasar
paced
?

girlfriend,
yeah

hahahahahaha
Old 08-12-2002, 09:49 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Neech

Laser can not be used while the vehicle is moving. Are you sure it wasn't radar? The other possibility is another stationary unit or plane clocked you and that cop just pulled you over and wrote you up.

Unfortunately, Ken, the new laser guns will now work thru glass/windshields so no more rolling down the windows in the dead of winter for PO-lice. Thankfully it will be a while before those are widespread.
OMG, that's not good. Outside the car was a good limitation like RR said, most cops just don't wanna go there, why? when you can use radar. I'm hoping Kansas is behind (as usual) and those [new] lasers are two years away. Next thing you know, moving laser will be a reality one day, too. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-13-2002, 08:39 PM
'Cooter

Re: Re: Broke my cherry...smokey nails me :(

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BSK181
[B]
Originally posted by Scooter
i dunno how this was possible...happened in Jericho on the Long Island Expwy. in traffic in the right lane at approx 11PM...copper nails me doin 87

hey chris, what's on the ticket, they show the method they used to get your speed

radar
lasar
paced
?

girlfriend,
yeah

hahahahahaha
didn't see a method of busting me...most likely radar
Old 08-13-2002, 08:44 PM
'Cooter

well got V1 this afternoon...surprised how small the main unit really is...bout 5 inches long...4 inches wide...1 inch high...took it out for about an hour tonight...works fine...i set it to ALL so that i can familiarize myself with settings, BEEP v. BRAP, etc.

this weekend i'll hardwire it and set up concealed display
Old 08-13-2002, 08:52 PM
Got BOOST????

if there using lazer, it's not gonna help much. One state trooper hit me with a lazer and my radar dector went nuts, "LAZER,LAZER,LAZER". Good thing i was getting off on the next exit, other wise i would have been fucked. Don't trust it 100%. Always use caution. Almost like using a jimmy hat.