Bridgestone Pole S-03

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 01:26 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Bridgestone Pole S-03

I finally decided after 3 months of debate/research, have decided to go with the S-03 !

Thanks to EricL for his professional advise ! Thanks again and I'll keep you guys posted.

For the record:
225-45-17 are the chosen size !
Old 11-10-2001, 02:38 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They Rule!
Old 11-10-2001, 03:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

I went with the re730's same size you picked. My number one consern was tread rating of 300 compared to the S03's. Also I don't push it the the higher turning limits. I have been very pleased with the increased performance on the street. Are going to be doing track time?
Old 11-10-2001, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Bridgestone Pole S-03

Interested in why you went with 225/45-17s instead of 235/45-17s ?

The 235/45s are actually Closer to Original Speedo than the 225s

Originally posted by Fabvsix
I finally decided after 3 months of debate/research, have decided to go with the S-03 !

Thanks to EricL for his professional advise ! Thanks again and I'll keep you guys posted.

For the record:
225-45-17 are the chosen size !
Old 11-10-2001, 10:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I went w/the 235x45 tires because they're closer to the speedometer.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

rim size was a consern when I picked 225's some said 7" was to small for 235's ??? so 225 it is; only 1.9 % off 60 mph is 58.8 mph.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
before i bought the SSRs I rolled on 235x45s on the stock rims for a while w/o a problem.
Old 11-11-2001, 06:06 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

I dunno about the Pole positions. It seems like an awful lot of money for tires for our front wheel drive boat. I really doubt that all that extra money is going to make a significant improvement in handling over the RE730s, or Khumos for that matter, since our car is so heavy and unbalanced overall anyways. It ain't ever going to be an S2K and that is one thing that bums me out about the CL--I really wish it was a little more fun and fluid to handle.
Old 11-11-2001, 10:27 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Liability is why I went with the 225/45/17. 235 is a big risk due to the weight of the car and the hassel to find someone "reputable" to do the install. Load rate is the problems also. I even encountered shops that would NOT do the job because of the load rating, but mostly because of their lack of experience. For example:
When I called Tirerack, we went thru the whole ordeal, Bridgestone 03 are the best out there ! I said, ok, then when he asked what car I have, he said " our policy will not let me sell you this tire because of the "load rating", so I hung up frustrated and upset ! Oh, he also said they had too many customers complaining of NOISE with the 730. My mom and pop reputable shop in my home town, confirmed, "THEY ARE LOUD FROM THE GET GO",........NO THANKS ! So I went with the s03's. 235, you will run into issues when you have to get an alignment etc......

Who freaking cares if the speed-o is off a few ????

So I went back to tr on-line and ordered these tires. They are to arrive at my install shop this coming week. Can't wait......I'll keep you posted with my comments !
Old 11-11-2001, 03:29 PM
Banned

S-03s

Interesting. Keep us posted on how you like them. I'd like to get a set as well and haven't heard that "angle" and information on the 225s vs. 235. It's between the S-03 and the Toyos for me, but alais I will probably have to wait till my tires get a little more Worn (only 13k miles on them so far) before I can think of getting a New Set. Christmas is coming you know!

With the economy like it is, I guess you could say, I'm just thankful to have a job and not like so many out there. Just trying to be wise with what I have vs. what I want !

Cheers
Old 11-11-2001, 03:50 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

What I discovered about the "TOYO'S" is as follows:

Toyo is a pain in the ass to deal with. So distributors r e a l l y don't like to "push" them, oh they will "sell" them to you for a nice price and take their sweat time to get them for you etc..

Another example, if one of those Toyo's blow, create a bubble and your in BFE, good luck recieving "EXPECTED CUSTOMER SERVICE".......to sum it up, if I were loaded, had many toys (car's), then I "put up with Toyo's", otherwise, I'll go with the known name brands without the hassle ! Come on guys, looking for "decent" priced Toyo's in the Bay area, was a royal pain the fu$king ass ! Most of the distrubutors were NOT gun Ho about Toyo's ! Why, dealing Toyo corporation, must be a pain. When I get quotes between 160 and 250 per tire, something stinks !

I'll keep you posted once I get the S03's installed !
Old 11-11-2001, 03:58 PM
Banned

Toyos !

Your NOT the First Person I 've heard this from about Toyos!

Which really makes me think about NOT looking to them in the Future.

Seems there are just too many customer service issues out there. None of the BIGGER Tire Stores in my area--Chattanooga Tennessee -- even carry the things.

Excellent tire with a lot of Collateral Crap that comes with em.

Thanks for the heads up.

__________________________________________________ __

What I discovered about the "TOYO'S" is as follows:

Toyo is a pain in the ass to deal with. So distributors r e a l l y don't like to "push" them, oh they will "sell" them to you for a nice price and take their sweat time to get them for you etc..

Another example, if one of those Toyo's blow, create a bubble and your in BFE, good luck recieving "EXPECTED CUSTOMER SERVICE".......to sum it up, if I were loaded, had many toys (car's), then I "put up with Toyo's", otherwise, I'll go with the known name brands without the hassle ! Come on guys, looking for "decent" priced Toyo's in the Bay area, was a royal pain the fu$king ass ! Most of the distrubutors were NOT gun Ho about Toyo's ! Why, dealing Toyo corporation, must be a pain. When I get quotes between 160 and 250 per tire, something stinks !

I'll keep you posted once I get the S03's installed !
Old 11-11-2001, 04:25 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Toyos !

Originally posted by caddy
Your NOT the First Person I 've heard this from about Toyos!

Which really makes me think about NOT looking to them in the Future.

Seems there are just too many customer service issues out there. None of the BIGGER Tire Stores in my area--Chattanooga Tennessee -- even carry the things.

Excellent tire with a lot of Collateral Crap that comes with em.

Thanks for the heads up.

__________________________________________________ __

That's funny, i've had Toyos on my last two cars. I got them locally from the best known speed shop in town and they highly recommended them. They arrived promptly and cost $160 per. Great tires and absolutely no problems.
Old 11-11-2001, 04:38 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Redrider:

I never said they were NOT great tires and there are exceptions, but in general, most consumers would have to have a lot of time on their hands to search for the 160.00 price and then have NO or very little support when you have purchased them on line in case something goes wrong.

You have a local shop, great, not everyone does, so it doesn't make those tires attractive either. Imagine, they offer 500 miles or just return them.......right..........what a pain for all involved......I'll let you know how I like the S-03's......The Proxies are not rulled out yet.....
Old 11-11-2001, 05:34 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Redrider:

I never said they were NOT great tires and there are exceptions, but in general, most consumers would have to have a lot of time on their hands to search for the 160.00 price and then have NO or very little support when you have purchased them on line in case something goes wrong.

You have a local shop, great, not everyone does, so it doesn't make those tires attractive either. Imagine, they offer 500 miles or just return them.......right..........what a pain for all involved......I'll let you know how I like the S-03's......The Proxies are not rulled out yet.....
I guess i'm just lucky to have Motorsports Dynamics here in Sacto. Good luck to you whichever way you go.