Brakes/Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 10:31 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes/Suspension Question

I have a CL-TypeS with almost 28K miles on it. I've been noticing a slight but constant vibration in the steering wheel when driving but have recently noticed the steering wheel noticeable vibrating when applying the brakes. I was on my way home tonight and had to slow down rather quickly on the expressway--slowing from 70 MPH caused the wheel to shake rather violently. Also, in the morning, with the windows down, I can hear a metallic sound (not like the usual metallic brake pad sound I've heard on other cars, but more like the sound made when you rub two metal pipes together. The car is still on its original brake pads.

I take the car to the dealer for its regular maintenance intervals and it was just there 2 weeks ago for an oil change and state inspection. It is still on its original set of brakes. I've mentioned the vibration to the dealer twice but they say they found nothing.

I know I'm not crazy here but not enough of a mechanic to know just what it is.

Can you help me explain to the service dept. why I'm bringing it in? Is it just brake pads? Rotors? Something else?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

Old 06-20-2001, 10:45 PM
Instructor

Ask the service manager to go out for a drive with you and show him.
After you come back from the drive, review the work order carefully. Everytime I've taken my car to the dealer for service, I've had to re-explain (and almost type myself into their conputer) the problems to the service guy so that it is explained correctly in the work order. This is probably the only thing the tachnician has to figure out what he has to work on, and if it's not clear then there will be some mis-communications.

My .02 cents

------------------
2001 Silver CL-S
Old 06-21-2001, 12:03 AM
Pro

sounds like something is wrong with the brake assembly fo sho' but i cant quite tell what it is. yeah, you should tell the dealer dude to take a ride with you and SHOW HIM that its messed up.......if he cant hear it or see the prob then while your driving just dump him outta the car good bye.....ur the weakest CL, j/k

------------------
Future "bucket": 96-99 GST/GSX or 93-99 Prelude w/ bolt on turbo
Previous ride: '01 CL-S, Black, dropped 2 in....couldn't make da payments
Old 06-21-2001, 12:09 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have noticed some slight vibration when I brake at about 80 to 85, and I only have about 4900 miles on my car. I will be taking it to the dealer next week.

------------------
Drive Fast Live Fast!