Brakes (again)...too sweet!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 01:04 PM
I'm out of HELL!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes (again)...too sweet!

Just got off the phone with Carl at Sterling McCall Acura. I called to make an appointment for the 30K service. I also told him I had some other things that needed to be looked into...

1. Rear deck rattle. I've read several posts on this site about taking out the back seats and the parcel shelf as well as the third brake-lamp housing. I'll give this a try after Acura tries to fix it. I've complained about this problem since day 1 and had my car in for service 3 or 4 times back on Long Island and they never were able to fix it. Maybe Sterling McCall will be able to.

2. A/C compressor whining. This started about a month ago...when the A/C compressor is on a whining noise comes from the engine compartment. Anybody else have this? You can easily hear it inside the cabin when the radio isn't too loud (when does that ever happen though? :P).

3. Brake shudder. I told him my brakes shudder pretty bad now and mentioned there's a TSB out for it and that I have one of the first CL-S's (#848). He knew exactly what I was talking about so I asked what they would do. I mentioned the new brake pads. He said, "Yeah, it's a known issue. It's a material transfer issue. Metal from the brake pads is screwing up the rotors." He said they would replace the pads with the new ones and re-surface the rotors. WORKS FOR ME!! I'm not going to push for new rotors unless this problem comes back after a few thousand miles. GO STERLING MCCALL! After reading some of the posts on here about people getting screwed by their dealers, I was expecting the same thing since I didn't buy my car down here. (I only quoted Carl because it shows there are some honest service reps out there!)

$335+tax for the 30K service. I'm sure I'll be able to get it down a little. I always supply my own oil, etc.

Later,
Rob M.
Old 10-05-2002, 01:49 PM
?!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting new brakes is great...such a difference

i just did for my 15k service because they were "glazed"

now i can actually stop on a dime again