Bra pics and Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 01:01 AM
Fastdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bra pics and Zaino

I told someone that I would post pics of my CL with the bra pics when I got it on, but I didn't bookmark the topic and have NO clue who it was! Installed it today for a highway trip to RI. Didn't think I'd be able to do it because the drawings in the directions SUCK! A little common sense, a few CHOICE WORDS and a lot of pulling, got the job done.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...p=48426027&f=0

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and two of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
fastdriver's CL without Zaino!
fastdriver's CL with 3 coats of Zaino and the last two with 4 coats of Z-2/Z-6
Click here if Yahoo photos don't work.
fastdriver's previous cars. The 300M has Zaino.

Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get!
Old 05-14-2001, 01:14 AM
Team Owner

Looks GREAT…Nice color selection …..Now you need some TINT on that sucker.

Shawn S

------------------
Make me an offer….It’s FOR SALE when the 6-Speed MANUAL comes out !!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 05-14-2001, 01:25 AM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn S:
Looks GREAT…Nice color selection …..Now you need some TINT on that sucker.

Shawn S

</font>
Thanks. It's a lease, so I won't be doing many mods like you guys have done- many of which, with all the abbreviations, I have NO clue what they are!

If I thought I was going to keep this car, I might consider doing some things, but I get tired of a car after a few years and get the itch to change. So far, I think this is the BEST car I have ever owned since I was 16 MANY moons ago! I have never gotten less then 300 miles on a tank of gas or less then 20 MPG. Most of that driving has been around town with no AC on for any length of time. Despite my screenname, I'm not racing every BMW, Mustang etc. that I see. I have left a few cars in the dust recently when they were tailgating. I think they were surprised and stayed away! I just hope this car continues to be troublefree. I guess time will tell. I get a little worried reading about warped rotors, rattles, creaks etc. I now have over 3,100 miles on it since 3/28! Just love to drive it.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and three of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
Bra pics 5/13/01.

Old 05-14-2001, 01:29 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastdriver:
I told someone that I would post pics of my CL with the bra pics when I got it on, but I didn't bookmark the topic and have NO clue who it was! Installed it today for a highway trip to RI. Didn't think I'd be able to do it because the drawings in the directions SUCK! A little common sense, a few CHOICE WORDS and a lot of pulling, got the job done.
</font>
Very nice FD. So that's what you did all weekend!

------------------
- The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote
Old 05-14-2001, 01:31 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, seeing that bra on it really accents the front end.

Our car got front end like black girls got booty.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 05-14-2001, 02:41 AM
Advanced

What do you guys think about only putting on the top bra section? (The part that protects the lower section of the hood only). When I bought mine they only sold in a complete package. The picture that I have shows only the top section. The instructions on putting the whole thing looked complicated! I have only used the bra once so far.

------------------
--------------
2001 CL-S w/ Nav
Blk/Blk
Spoiler - Bra - Mud - Visor
Old 05-14-2001, 08:29 AM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alenda26:
What do you guys think about only putting on the top bra section? (The part that protects the lower section of the hood only). When I bought mine they only sold in a complete package. The picture that I have shows only the top section. The instructions on putting the whole thing looked complicated! I have only used the bra once so far.

</font>
It looks good with just the top half on too, but I want to protect the whole front end from chips. You're right- the directions STINK! The bottom part was easier then the top. A little common sense and everything fits together nicely. Installing the two snaps in the fender well area requires a really SMALL phillips head screwdriver even with the wheels turned. Once they're tightened, you're all set. Hooking the two end plastic pieces under the hood was a little tricky too. Maybe I'll take some pics of where all those hooks and pieces go. It would be much better then the directions!

Since we haven't had rain in over a month here in CT, I think I'll leave this on until we do. It's not something I want to keep putting on and off.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and three of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
Bra pics 5/13/01.

Old 05-14-2001, 09:42 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just know if I went through the trouble, the rocks would chip JUST above the bra.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 05-14-2001, 11:00 AM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock:
I just know if I went through the trouble, the rocks would chip JUST above the bra.

-J

</font>
LOL... That's MY luck too! Don't think I didn't check yesterday!

------------------
fastdriver
Bra pics 5/13/01.

Old 05-14-2001, 01:46 PM
Suzuka Master

I did that for a while. put only the top part of the bra on. It looked pretty good on my white but didn't want the paint to fade underneith the bra. Also the bottom part gets more chips. so I put the full bra on ONLY for long distances and take it right off afterwards. After putting it on and off about a zillion times takes only 5 min max. first time took me over 20 min. also the the leather stretched over time making it easiar to put on.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 05-14-2001, 09:31 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastdriver:

</font>
Hey it was me that requested the pics. Thanks alot. It looks great. Is that an official Acura Bra?

------------------
2001 red cl type s, no navi, black interior, wing, mudflaps, no mods: yet, purchased 12-00
Old 05-14-2001, 09:41 PM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jpgolf14:
Originally posted by fastdriver:

</font>
Hey it was me that requested the pics. Thanks alot. It looks great. Is that an official Acura Bra?

Thanks. I think it's an official bra! Got it at http://www.ahmotorsport.com Got the mudguards there too. Best prices of any site that I saw.

------------------
fastdriver
Bra pics 5/13/01.