Bled my brakes with Castrol GTLMA and WOW what a difference in pedal feel!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bled my brakes with Castrol GTLMA and WOW what a difference in pedal feel!

I flused all my old fluid out and replaced it all with Castrol GTLMA and after driving about 50 miles I must say anyone who has not bled there brakes latley SHOULD do it ASAP.. I used 2 bottles of the fluid which was like $4.50 each. I work at a DLR so I borrowed a sucktion gun that hooks up to the compressed air and I was able to do it myself. I did what u guys told me driver side front , passenger side front, passenger side rear and last driver side rear. I just hooked to gun up loosened the nut started sucking and stood by the fluid and added when it went down. (first i sucked all I could out with like a turkey baster) I was pretty easy with that machine the hardest part was taking wheels off and putting them on was!

I used Castrol GTLMA because one of the old techs "jenns" from PAA reccommeded it and said it was alot better then the honda stuff and WOW was he right!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Good job. I used the Motul high temp fluid that excelerate sells. Anyhow I also have steel braided brake lines. I did the flush and install the same day so I couldn't tell which one made the bigger difference. Either way I am pleased, much better pedal feel than stock. I like having that cinder-block pedal so when I mash it down I stop no matter what.
If you don't already have stainless steel brake lines I would look into it. For a $100 and half hour of labor it was def worth it.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
I dont think it was the fact that you changed brands but the fact that you changed the fluid. I need to do mine as well. Just another thing to add to my 105k service.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:02 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Originally Posted by aznboi2424
I dont think it was the fact that you changed brands but the fact that you changed the fluid. I need to do mine as well. Just another thing to add to my 105k service.
Maybee you are right BUT one of the master techs that used to work at PAA acura and used to come to the meets back in the day when the car came out in 2001-2002 reccommended this Fluid and said it was 5X better then the honda fluid. He said trans fluid and ps fluid honda fluid is the best but when it comes to brake fluid honda was not superior in these cars and he has worked on cars for 20 years so I trust him. You can do a search on these forums and you will find it.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Pro

hey Stoned you doing like some big tune-up thing to your ride? lol i mean you have a new thread everyday now for the past week talking about "new this or new that" lol
Old 03-17-2009, 01:32 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by CL-SA
hey Stoned you doing like some big tune-up thing to your ride? lol i mean you have a new thread everyday now for the past week talking about "new this or new that" lol

YEah I am, My dealership is going out of buessness in a few months and I have a shop / tools / and techs here to help so might as well make her brand new again. I was letting her go a little cuz I was going to buy a 05 RL and acctully was in the process of selling the CL back in October. But people stoped buying cars in NOvember and I stoped making money so NOW I need to keep the CL at least anouther year from now (she still Purrrs like a champ)
SO i want to do everything now keep her in good shape and then give her to my little brother next year sometime (cuz he just started driving and has a hoopty) and I will then get my 05/06 RL. I dont want him to innherate a headache!!