bike story

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 08:47 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bike story

this was posted in the Aprilia forum from the owner of a 00 Mille

Just entered Washington state from Idaho. This is farm country (wheat, barley etc) with rolling hills and twisty roads. Was just leaving a small town and picking up speed and noticed a car with headlights on pull in behind me a few blocks back. It was a beautiful day and I had just come over Hwy 12 in Idaho (absolute must do road!!). Feeling good and knowing final destination was just a few hours away (two week trip) I picked up the pace. After a few minutes I looked back and while the car was still there they were much further back and gave it no mind. Picked up the pace even more and about 20 min later on a rise I looked back to find the car was about the same distance. Man, I thought, that guy is hauling pretty good! In the back of my mind I wondered if it was the police but figured there was no lights so not to worry. So, off I went enjoying the next 15-20 miles of twists and turns. Road finally straightened out somewhat and sure enough that damn car was still there about the same distance. Well, I slowed down and sure enough it was a state trooper in an S10 Blazer. I got off and pulled my helmet. He walks up and asks for the usual paperwork then heads back to the truck without another word. I see him call my info in and of course it all comes back clean but I see him flip out the ticket book and begin writing....Damn it! Second ticket this year. Well, those of you who have been in this spot know that the police don't turn off their engines and I began to hear very funny noises under his hood. He steps out and hands me the ticket book to sign without a word. I'm thinking what a prick and just as I'm signing on the line his truck lets out a groan and then bam! radiator hose blows and coolant sprays everywhere. I calmly hand him his ticket book and with a big shitty grin say, "Don't you hate when that happens" I Immediately put my helmet on and took off popping a wheelie at second gear! What a way to end a fabulous trip!
Old 01-28-2002, 08:50 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I am home with a nasty cold. Got up to check forum etc.....this story made me feel much better ! Fookin PIGS ! ONK ONK ONK !
Good one !
Old 01-28-2002, 09:09 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 641 Likes on 283 Posts
that's a good one...
reminds me of one time 3 years ago...
I was coming home at night on the highway, doing about 280....i was coming down a long hill in the fast lane of a 3 lane highway about 20km's from home...
I see a car in the middle lane from a distance I think it's a cop but I'm going pretty fast so I slowed a little bit....then I realized it was a cop so I hit the brakes, HARD...
I end up rolling past the drivers window, then dropping back quickly...the cop, now in front of me turns on the cherries...I am contemplating what to do...so I gear down to 2nd and move over a lane, the cop is now in the outside lane...

I made the decision not to stop, cuz it was going to be a BAD ticket...I flipped up my visor, rolled up beside the cops window, gave him a thumbs up, pulled a nice long wheelie and took off back up to 290km/h...
15km's later with my tank basically out of gas I'm appraoching an onramp, I see lights come on and a car fishtailing onto the highway...I stay on the gas and fly by a second cop who had obviously been radioed...

my exit is 3km's from this point...I kept going and by the time I got to my exit, there were no more lights in my rearview...I nursed it home, short shifting terrified that I was going to run out of gas..I didn't...made it home safe and sound and never heard a word about it....

The look on the cops face when I pulled up beside him and gave him the thumbs up, was worth every second of it...
Old 01-28-2002, 09:18 PM
What can I get ya?

Good job getting away, I tried getting away and ended up laying the bike down around a 90degree corner and getting busted. NOT FUN.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
This goes back 26 years and in Hong Kong.

My buddies and I went out to this water catchment/reservoir area for a ride. We are pulled over having a smoke and I decide to take my buddy's new Honda 250 out for a spin.

So, I am going along and I suddenly notice a car right on my butt. So, I speed up and he speeds up. Now, I am trying to outrun this idiot.... We hit the straights and he pulls up along side me. There are 4 uniformed policement in an unmarked car. Damn!! Can you just imagine how my heart totally sank when I see 4 cops complete with their hats on staring at me!!

So, there I am. I am Portuguese but grew up in HK and speak Cantonese fluently. So, these 4 Chinese cops are pissed but in those days, many did not speak a whole hell of alot of English. There was this one dick head that kept goading his sargent to give me a ticket. not realising that I knew every word he was saying.

Finally, he lets me go with a warning. I could not believe it.

Boy, did I slow down after that.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Buckle Up

HAHA. Thats a pretty good story. Aint that some #$%^ for that cop?