Big Braking Issue on my '03!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Black is a ***** to Clean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big Braking Issue on my '03!

Hey,

I recently lowered my car w/ Teins and went today to have my car aligned and also to have my rotors resurfaced (this is 2nd time for this, and I have 14k mi.). I got a call that the align sensors could not fit between the tire and the rim (wtf!) and they could not align. They DID, however resurface my rotors (rear and front) and put new brake pads that this time are UPGRADED and don't cause warped rotors like the older pads. That was fine until I got back into my car and drove on the highway.

My braking now is FUCKED. Whenever I press down on the brake, my car STEERS TO THE LEFT! This is VERY noticable, and in fact DANGEROUS when doing highway speeds..my car veers into part of the left lane when I do moderate braking! I quickly called back the dealership service dept. about this and they said they did a test drive and it was fine (my ass!). They knew about my suspension but were cool about it (ie. not to worry about warranty service) but suggested THAT was the problem.

Obviously, if the problem occurs when I BRAKE....brakes should be to blame right? What the hell is the problem? My car is DANGEROUS to drive on the highway! I have tried holding the wheel very steady on the highway..jab the brakes a little, and the damn car STEERS the the left side..and when I countersteer it and let off the brakes, my car kinda swerves around! Not safe! I'm def. going back to the dealer. Can't believe they could not align my car! 235/45/17 on stock '03 rims! It's tight, but should not be impossible.

-Dave
Old 09-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Spectacular Aroma About

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's BS. Make the friggin' dealer fix their screw up. Don't drive it on the highway like that.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:21 PM

No doubt they are gonna fix it...but I really would like to know WHAT is directly causing the problem (the new brake pads?) so I can confront it to the service dept. and point out what they did wrong!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:05 AM

-da bump-
Old 09-11-2003, 04:23 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Could be they got something on one of the pads or messed up a brake line somehow. Pedal would go soft if you were losing fluid though.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:37 AM

I have the same size tires on stock rims, and they had no problem doing my alignment. Weird.

I'd take it to their ASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:12 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

i got the same problem, it doesnt veer to the left...but i took my car to get aligned from a local shop(not dealer) and they told me i needed a camber kit to fully align the car (BS)...i went back to the manager and he said b/c its not "stock" they cant do anything about it and wont refund my money....oh well, i guess you live and learn....good luck with your brake situation, at least they did all yours for free, they wouldnt do mine, so now i put up with the vibration in my wheel, or at least until i can afford new rotors....
Old 09-11-2003, 06:48 AM

The part I still don't get is that my car was lowered and probably out of alignment BEFORE going to dealer for service....car came out SWERVING lefts when braking! Something they had to have caused!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

If it swerves under braking it's probably the brakes unless they left something completely undone on that side of the car. They should be wanting to check this out.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:21 AM
Racer

When I upgraded my suspension, I was told by every shop that if I lowered the car too far, I must have a suspension kit that will help to bring the car into specs. Without it, they can't do anything.

Does the car veer to the left when you're driving and take your hand off of the wheel?

If your alignment is off and it pulls to the left while driving, that pull will be exaggerated when you brake.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:33 AM

Nope..this is STRICTLY a braking-only issue. My car may and most probably is a bit out of alignment (from lowering and hittin potholes over the past few months) and does drift to the sides sometimes...but NOWHERE as much as the SWERVING that occurs when on ONLY brake.

Like I said before, my car was LOWERED before going into the shop, so I would have noticed something as dangerous as this in the weeks I have been already lowered.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Drifting

Has the dealer corrected the bad braking yet? If you haven't taken it in yet, you may want to tell the dealer the car is too dangerous to drive and he should come and get it..
Old 09-11-2003, 02:30 PM
9th Gear

usually when a car pulls hard to a certain direction when braking only it can be related to brake line problem..they may have damaged a line doing the brake job.. if you own a pair of brake line clamps, clamp the front brake lines off and go and drive(be careful you will only have rear brakes) and see if problem goes away!! if it does then advise them to do the same. an ALIGNMENT WILL NOT CAUSE A BRAKE PULL!!!!!!!!!! If they wont come to my dealership Performance Acura Chapel hill NC and we will!!
Old 09-11-2003, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the info about the brakelines. I'm scheduled to come in tomorrow for them to check out the problem..I'll mention the brake lines to them.