Bad experience with Proctor Acura in Tallahassee, Florida today!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad experience with Proctor Acura in Tallahassee, Florida today!!

I went to get my recalled amp on my 92 legend fixed today. I made an appointment a week and a half ago. I drove 1.5 hours to the dealership for my appointment at 1:00p.m. I dropped the car off and went shopping and came back about 2 hours later to pick it up. When we get back the guy tells me "We don't have the part for your car in" They said the amps for the 2-door legends and 4-door legends are different. So we drove an hour and a half for nothing. When I made the appointment a week and a half ago I gave them the necessary information they needed. In my opinion, when I made the appointment, they should have recorded the model/yr./#ofdoors/etc. of my car and made sure the part is in stock and order it if it isn't. The guy told me this and I was very pissed but I somewhat kept my cool. I explained how I made the appointment and gave them what they needed. My mom took off half a day of working just to do this and now we are going to have to do it again and put more miles on our car(s). I asked him "How do you expect to reimburse me for this?" and he said he couldn't. He left for a second. Finally, the manager or someone with authority came and told us they were going to order the part and thought that I was just gonna accept that and drive home. No-no. I asked him the "Reimbursement" question too. He said they would give me a free oil change. I just had one so they are going to install an air filter and get me an Acura license plate. Is this fair? Or should I ask for more? Sorry about the long post and thanks.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask for a loaner and take it for a day - and take the oil change. Usually, when something need replacing, it's a two-trip deal. Granted, it's an inconvenience to you, but just make sure you get a good loaner like an RSX.