A B16 embarassed me last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i wasnt talking about you. lol i was talking about the kid that hates swapped hondas.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 972xghost
i wasnt talking about you. lol i was talking about the kid that hates swapped hondas.

ohhh hah, my b
Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
a turbo'd eg kept up with me on first gear.. then my lane ended and had to merge into his... =\

and if it means anything: gf in passenger seat... and 180 lbs of audio equipment in the trunk

integra? damn, w/e man our cars look way better! lol AND we're comfortable in them
Old 09-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth CL
power2weight is a beautiful thing.

<<230hp, 12.9

....oh my word, that is quite the lil rocket for 230 hp
Old 09-08-2007, 03:52 AM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Originally Posted by kyle77777
Feels nice to beat a car with turbo. I have 2 under my belt
Sho does. I have one turbo car under mine. 98 Volvo S70 SE Turbo. my best friend has one. tested out my CL when i frist got it and took him out from a dig. then from a roll. then on some curves. outhandled him too good times good times...
Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Your mom is in

ok, well it happened again, this time with an old school integra....what is up with this shizzz
Old 06-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
get boost or spray, problem solved
Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
are u totally stock? if you are and u beat that civic im surprised lol

and how much does the cl weigh? i think the tl is a bit fatter
Old 06-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Your mom is in

well when i raced that civic last time i was stock, now i have an intake..i didnt lose either time...its just not cool when a car thats almost 13-14 years old and looks like its about to fall apart beats you...haha oh well...
Old 06-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Your Garage

i can understand lol, so do you know how much the cl weighs? anyone?
Old 06-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i think its something around 3500 lbs
Old 06-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Racer

SO, a heavily modded Civic can beat a CL-S. Big fucking deal. It's a toy. I wouldn't waste my time racing a pizza delivery car whether it was modded or not.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Pro

^^^^lmao. My exact thoughts
Old 06-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Suzuka Master

thats cuz most of you 2nd Gen CLers and new acura owners cant appreciate real honda's or other honda's for that matter.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:59 AM

thats cuz most of you 2nd Gen CLers and new acura owners cant appreciate real honda's or other honda's for that matter.
real hondas? since when is a garbage ass riced out 88 civic hatchback considered more authentic then a new Accord V6 or a TL Type S? cause it was built in japan? hahaa as many have said before, i'd rather have my ass sitting in nice leather seats, a nice interior, and a moderately powerful V6 then a turbod piece of crap civic. our CLs serve the purpose they were built for perfectly. they werent built to race yet we can still put down good runs.

fyi my first car before my CL was an 88 accord. over 5k worth of mods went into that thing. my love for hondas is very evident. therefore your overstatement is invalid. don't say most when you mean some...
Old 06-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Suzuka Master

thats cuz some of you 2nd Gen CLers and new acura owners cant appreciate real honda's or other honda's for that matter.
fixed.

but its very evident many here could give a shit less about the rest of the honda scene cuz they dont kno dick about it. my statement might be invalid for you but not for SOME.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Racer

I was racing before you was born. I know cars period. And I still don't give a damn about some little pissy ass Honda Civic. Yes. Great. Squeeze out as much horsepower as you want. It's still a dinky little toy. Put a whale tale on it the size of a Buick. It's still a dinky ass little pizza delivery car. You've got 50 shot nitrous, headers, pullies, timing belts, neon lights, guages, blah, blah, blah.....still don't give a fuck.

Now something like a Toyota Supra or a Lexus SC400 and for you young bucks that don't know: Chrysler Conquest TSI (Imported by Mitsubishi):

1/4 Mile ET: 12.720
1/4 Mile MPH: 114.000
1/8 Mile ET: 0.000
1/8 Mile MPH: 0.000
0-60 Foot ET: 1.920

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chrysler-Co...slip-5983.html
Old 06-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Racer

fixed.

but its very evident many here could give a shit less about the rest of the honda scene cuz they dont kno dick about it. my statement might be invalid for you but not for SOME.
The reason why your statement is invalid is because people like us that would buy a CL-S in the first place don't want to be seen driving a Civic. It's not about appreciating a Honda it's about a grown man not wanting to look like a pedofile in a teenager's car. The kind of women I dig would laugh me out of the state if they saw me rolling up in that Tonka toy. I would feel childish running around in that damn thing. Mod it and I would feel even more childish because at least if I was in a stock Civic people would think I couldn't do any better but if I fucked up and modded it like Mattel Hot Wheels collector's car I'd get laughed out of North America. It's not even about the women. It's about not wanting to look and feel like I should be somewhere in 30 minutes or less.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:36 PM

^although i agree with your statements completely i gotta say that is an ugly ass car. to me its the same thing as the civics and other ricer cars. just because its fast doesnt mean i'll wanna be seen driving it. it's still ugly. my CL may not be a ferrari but it looks classy, mature, even bland, but not ugly. as for supras and sc400s everyone and their mama (who likes fast cars) has one. it's like having a damn civic but to a slightly lesser extent. i really respect guys who are different like thinjim and allmotor. fucking 400+whp in our CLs taking on porsches. that's krazy.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GrandeInter10
^although i agree with your statements completely i gotta say that is an ugly ass car. to me its the same thing as the civics and other ricer cars. just because its fast doesnt mean i'll wanna be seen driving it. it's still ugly. my CL may not be a ferrari but it looks classy, mature, even bland, but not ugly. as for supras and sc400s everyone and their mama (who likes fast cars) has one. it's like having a damn civic but to a slightly lesser extent. i really respect guys who are different like thinjim and allmotor. fucking 400+whp in our CLs taking on porsches. that's krazy.
Your comments are also irrelevent because you're a kid. Therefore, you do not have the personal experience of comparing cars decade by decade. Comparing a Conquest to a Civic is like comparing Dodge Neon to a BMW M3. I'd rather be seen in a Conquest all day than even be seen standing next to a Civic for 5 seconds. You're sitting in a CL anyway so, what the fuck are you complaining about? And sorry, son, you know shit about cars. Don't come back in this thread with some shit you googled to prove your knowledge or lack thereof either. You'd be wasting your damn time trying to save face over a losing battle.

A Conquest is nothing like a typical ricer I don't give a damn what you or any of your crackerjack, hyperactive friends say. A stock Civic can't touch a stock Conquest even on it's best day. And as far as modding--updating a TSI and putting it against a modded Civic--you can fucking forget it. For one thing: In it's entire existence has Honda ever made a rear wheel drive car? Nope? Then shut the fuck up. The TSI is rear wheel drive. In it's entire existence has Honda ever come out with a Civic that rolled off the showroom floor with 16 inch aluminum wheels (8 inch wide up front, 9 inch wide in back) and low profile tires? Nope? Then shut the fuck up. Every option that the Conquest TSI came off the showroom floor with you'd have to go flipping through an aftermarket parts catalog add to a Civic of any year.

Everybody and their grandmama knows what a Civic is. But in this day and age unless you're a serious, experienced car enthusiast, which you aren't, nobody knows what the hell a TSI is. The out-of-the-ordinary appeal is there for the TSI whereas you can find a Civic ANYWHERE. The Conquest may not be the most beautiful car out there, particularly, since the design is over 20 years old, but I would STILL rock the hell out of a Conquest over a little romper room toy like a Civic. Face it: With a Civic you'd have to sell your soul unless you're an experienced mechanic and nearly gutt that little peice of shit to get a Civic to kick some ass whereas with a Conquest all you have to do is update a few parts.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
i was utterly amazed and embarrassed that my car had to struggle to win...i need mods...

LOL. Power to weight ratio man. It can kill. Dont worry about it though. Those little 4 bangers and the guys behind the wheel of them got so much heart its absurd. I ve witnessed my friends modded GSR stick to the ass of a Corvette on more that one occasion too so dont lose sleep over it. LOL.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sideswipe
Your comments are also irrelevent because you're a kid. Therefore, you do not have the personal experience of comparing cars decade by decade. Comparing a Conquest to a Civic is like comparing Dodge Neon to a BMW M3. I'd rather be seen in a Conquest all day than even be seen standing next to a Civic for 5 seconds. You're sitting in a CL anyway so, what the fuck are you complaining about? And sorry, son, you know shit about cars. Don't come back in this thread with some shit you googled to prove your knowledge or lack thereof either. You'd be wasting your damn time trying to save face over a losing battle.

A Conquest is nothing like a typical ricer I don't give a damn what you or any of your crackerjack, hyperactive friends say. A stock Civic can't touch a stock Conquest even on it's best day. And as far as modding--updating a TSI and putting it against a modded Civic--you can fucking forget it. For one thing: In it's entire existence has Honda ever made a rear wheel drive car? Nope? Then shut the fuck up. The TSI is rear wheel drive. In it's entire existence has Honda ever come out with a Civic that rolled off the showroom floor with 16 inch aluminum wheels (8 inch wide up front, 9 inch wide in back) and low profile tires? Nope? Then shut the fuck up. Every option that the Conquest TSI came off the showroom floor with you'd have to go flipping through an aftermarket parts catalog add to a Civic of any year.

Everybody and their grandmama knows what a Civic is. But in this day and age unless you're a serious, experienced car enthusiast, which you aren't, nobody knows what the hell a TSI is. The out-of-the-ordinary appeal is there for the TSI whereas you can find a Civic ANYWHERE. The Conquest may not be the most beautiful car out there, particularly, since the design is over 20 years old, but I would STILL rock the hell out of a Conquest over a little romper room toy like a Civic. Face it: With a Civic you'd have to sell your soul unless you're an experienced mechanic and nearly gutt that little peice of shit to get a Civic to kick some ass whereas with a Conquest all you have to do is update a few parts.
That shit is still ugly dude. And last I heard the S2K was RWD...But hey...I know shit about cars...
Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 AM

Wait I just realized you think I'm defending Civics. Guess you missed the post where I was trashing them. But the point is they're both fast but ugly cars. Your conquest and the civic i mean.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Suzuka Master

dude its apparent you have not the slightest idea about what the honda scene is about at all. nor do you probaly care cuz you seem ignorant. and to be honest i really dont even know why im responding to someone that doesnt even kno that the S2000 is RWD. but hey you kno cars.

age has nothing to do with making irrelevent posts because your 38 makin em. go blast some dragula in your conquest and spare us the talk about a mediocre japanese car from the 80's.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Your Garage

dude its apparent you have not the slightest idea about what the honda scene is about at all. nor do you probaly care cuz you seem ignorant. and to be honest i really dont even know why im responding to someone that doesnt even kno that the S2000 is RWD. but hey you kno cars.

age has nothing to do with making irrelevent posts because your 38 makin em. go blast some dragula in your conquest and spare us the talk about a mediocre japanese car from the 80's.

amen!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Racer

"Apparent" my fucking ass. THE TOPIC IS THE HONDA CIVIC. You're not even old enough to have watched the progression of "the Honda scene" little snot-nosed ass. Dumbass kid--the Honda S2000 was one of the first cars along with the 350Z that I had second thoughts about buying before I opted to switch from my 2.2CL to my current CL-S, and I talked about that issue when I first joined this discussion board.

WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE HONDA S2000 in the 80's? NO FUCKING WHERE TO BE FOUND. Nothing but FWD. Where the fuck was YOU in the 80's? Swimming around with millions of other deformed, recessive sperm. It's the fucking 21st century and Honda finally decides to come out with a RWD sports car but STILL NO FACTORY SUPERCHARGER OR TURBOCHARGER. Mitsubishi came out with the Conquest in 1984. WHAT DID THE HONDA CIVIC LOOK LIKE IN 1984?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ivic-sedan.jpg

Little peices of shit ricer burners that were barely over 1 litre and couldn't even break tripple digits in the horsepower department. Oh I know what you're thinking. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CRX?

Another little squirt of a car that barely put out 130HP with a little squirt 1.6 litre engine. Even in the late 90's the best they could do is 160HP.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. "But you don't know shit about the Preluuuuuude." Fucking please.

It took Honda 17 fucking years to finally touch 200HP (The 223HP Type S only available in JAPAN). What did the Chrysler Conquest have way back in 1984--17 YEARS AGO? A 198HP 2.6 litre, RWD sports car. Yes, yes, I know. I don't know shit about the Honda S2000.

Even as great as the S2000 is it took Honda 24 FUCKING YEARS to hit 239HP with a RWD sports car that has a $36,000 price tag. You can scoop up a Conquest TODAY for between $3000 to $6000 give or take a few bucks. That leaves you a price difference of between $30,000 to $33,000 to play with and upgrade that Conquest to todays specs. With that kind of money you can easily squeeze 250HP out of that Mitsubishi engine and upgrade the suspension and wheels for well under $30,000 and yes the Conquest has the capacity to hit upwards of 500+ hp. Yeah I know. "But it's an ugly car." :theghey:
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Suzuka Master

dude go away.

i didnt need to be alive to watch honda progress cuz i know basically everything there is to know about them. working for Honda for 3 years helps too. honda doesnt need to make huge power from the factory to sell cars (isnt that what its all about). enthuiasts are the ones that are there to make the power.

can you please pick a better car to argue with me about other than the conquest/starion which doesnt even exist anymore.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Racer

Wait I just realized you think I'm defending Civics. Guess you missed the post where I was trashing them. But the point is they're both fast but ugly cars. Your conquest and the civic i mean.
It doesn't matter what you say at this point. It doesn't matter what you said good or bad about the Civic. I don't give a damn whether you're defending Civics or not. I don't give a damn if you love or hate Civics. The point is, you and teenie boppers like you don't know shit about cars and keep demanding people to respect "The Honda Scene" like there was nothing else from Japan with four cylinders, and RWD at that, before 2002. Don't nobody under 21 give a fuck about a Honda Civic but nerds and pipsqueeks.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Racer

dude go away.

i didnt need to be alive to watch honda progress cuz i know basically everything there is to know about them. working for Honda for 3 years helps too. honda doesnt need to make huge power from the factory to sell cars (isnt that what its all about). enthuiasts are the ones that are there to make the power.

can you please pick a better car to argue with me about other than the conquest/starion which doesnt even exist anymore.
This kind of bullshit is exactly what I'm talking about: I know everything about Honda........

I don't give a fuck if you forged the engine blocks in Tokyo YOURSELF. You don't know shit about cars in general or you and your Power Ranger friends wouldn't base your entire logic on "The Honda Scene" like a bunch of clowns and use "the car is ugly" as a lame ass excuse not to know shit about cars outside of what has come off of the assembly line in the last couple of years.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Suzuka Master

what makes you think i dont know my shit about other cars in general. you have no fucking clue and i shouldnt even have justify why i do.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Suzuka Master

p.s. a friend of mine picked up a starion for a project so yes i kno a thing or two about that platform. i actually really like the conquest/starion and love how know knows what it is or what its capable in terms of power and swaps. it just sucks an ignoramus like you is the one to represent it.

you would figure a person who actually owned one of these hard to come by and sleeper cars would be more open to other imports. i think a mustang or an iroc-z would have suited you better.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Pro

lol @ this thread.

I'm with sideswipe here even though he is a over the top. I don't care how fast or how many cosmetic mods a civic has...its still gay

I do give honda props for selling cars like hot cakes, but the tuner crowd cracks my shit up. They turbo and supercharge their 15 year old clunkers to try and keep up with other stock cars like....z28's, mustang gt's, nissan 350z's, corvettes, etc. Then blow their tiny 4 cyclinder go kart engines and just replace it with another crap engine from a junkyard in a never ending spiral!

Even the knew honda civic si is SLOW
Old 06-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Racer

p.s. a friend of mine picked up a starion for a project so yes i kno a thing or two about that platform. i actually really like the conquest/starion and love how know knows what it is or what its capable in terms of power and swaps. it just sucks an ignoramus like you is the one to represent it.

you would figure a person who actually owned one of these hard to come by and sleeper cars would be more open to other imports. i think a mustang or an iroc-z would have suited you better.
Stop being a big ass baby and just admit you never heard of or seen a Conquest TSI. You could have just asked instead of coming out with that "The Honda Scene" bullshit. As if even the Volkswagen scene ain't any better.

It's almost two days later after I brought up the topic and NOW you all of a sudden know about a damn Conquest and you have a "friend" that has one.

Then you have the gall to say the Conquest TSI was a sleeper car.

There's your inexperienced youth slapping you in the face again. :troutslap

The Conquest TSI was not a sleeper car.

The IROCs and Mustang GTs couldn't fuck with it and you can forget about anything Honda made, modded or stock, touching a TSI at that time. And that's the beautiful thing about the Conquest. Everybody didn't have one but when you saw one coming you knew EXACTLY what it was and you'd better get out of the way unless you were in a Buick GNX or a modded Camaro or Mustang.

I wouldn't have owned either a Mustang or a Camaro of any year back in the 80's. They were both ridiculously underpowered and overrated. I used to beat the shit out of Camaro Berlinettas all day in my Scirocco.

See, what you and the Blues Clues Crew doesn't understand is when you're talking about bar none performance and innovation everything counts ESPECIALLY if you think somebody should give street cred to a fucking CIVIC.

Honda is over 20 years behind Mitsubishi as far as coming out with a true sports car. Look at the effort you have to put into making a Civic a high performance car. Then think that every Civic that has come off the showroom floor STILL can't touch even a old ass STOCK Conquest TSI. But we're talking about street/modified racing. It doesn't matter whether the Conquest isn't in production anymore. How long has it been since 60's musclecars have been out of production yet they're still kicking ass all over North America? The Acura NSX is old as hell but tell somebody it's an ugly peice of shit. The Toyota Supra has been out of production for a long time but with the potential of that car it can eat up almost anything on the road. But that car is "ugly" and non-existent too. Please.

Yeah, son. We're talking about modifying and there's no limitation especially when you're talking about comparing foreign car to foreign car. You want to talk about a car like a Conquest being "mediocre" then you may as well not count 20 years worth of Honda cars because other than being economical, dependable transportation them damn things were nothing but street legal go-karts with a roof until a couple of years ago.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Man, ghost was right when he was saying that the people on this board are fairly ignorant about the honda scene. I think each car has its positives and negatives, you cant just go bashing a model of car because there are a few ignoramuses that put stickers and big wings on them and think they're race cars. There are alot of LEGIT hondas out there, as well as other car models. I like to think its more about the person owning the car and modifying it than the actual car itself, which is i respect almost all platforms from chrystlers to hondas to VW's etc etc. I dont know how you can bash the "tiny 4 cylinders" when some shops are capable of taking that 4 cyl and making it so that all people get to see in their mustang's, 350z's, and vettes are taillights. I can understanding disliking a certain brand or model, but dont disrespect the people who actually make the cars look good and go pretty damn fast. You can't really compare the TL and CL to the regular mainstream honda scene anyway, they're luxury vehicles with some oomph to them. People with ferrari's and aston martins would say the same thing about the CL and TL as you do about the civic "stupid people in their heavy ass mid level luxury cars wasting money on modding it and putting turbos and superchargers on their puny V6's, just to still get occasionally blown out by a lawn mower civic with a turbo that weights 1000 lbs less and looks 1000 worse! ". You should give respect where respect is due and you will receive some yourself.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Stop being a big ass baby and just admit you never heard of or seen a Conquest TSI. You could have just asked instead of coming out with that "The Honda Scene" bullshit. As if even the Volkswagen scene ain't any better.

It's almost two days later after I brought up the topic and NOW you all of a sudden know about a damn Conquest and you have a "friend" that has one.

Then you have the gall to say the Conquest TSI was a sleeper car.

There's your inexperienced youth slapping you in the face again. :troutslap

The Conquest TSI was not a sleeper car.

The IROCs and Mustang GTs couldn't fuck with it and you can forget about anything Honda made, modded or stock, touching a TSI at that time. And that's the beautiful thing about the Conquest. Everybody didn't have one but when you saw one coming you knew EXACTLY what it was and you'd better get out of the way unless you were in a Buick GNX or a modded Camaro or Mustang.

I wouldn't have owned either a Mustang or a Camaro of any year back in the 80's. They were both ridiculously underpowered and overrated. I used to beat the shit out of Camaro Berlinettas all day in my Scirocco.

See, what you and the Blues Clues Crew doesn't understand is when you're talking about bar none performance and innovation everything counts ESPECIALLY if you think somebody should give street cred to a fucking CIVIC.

Honda is over 20 years behind Mitsubishi as far as coming out with a true sports car. Look at the effort you have to put into making a Civic a high performance car. Then think that every Civic that has come off the showroom floor STILL can't touch even a old ass STOCK Conquest TSI. But we're talking about street/modified racing. It doesn't matter whether the Conquest isn't in production anymore. How long has it been since 60's musclecars have been out of production yet they're still kicking ass all over North America? The Acura NSX is old as hell but tell somebody it's an ugly peice of shit. The Toyota Supra has been out of production for a long time but with the potential of that car it can eat up almost anything on the road. But that car is "ugly" and non-existent too. Please.

Yeah, son. We're talking about modifying and there's no limitation especially when you're talking about comparing foreign car to foreign car. You want to talk about a car like a Conquest being "mediocre" then you may as well not count 20 years worth of Honda cars because other than being economical, dependable transportation them damn things were nothing but street legal go-karts with a roof until a couple of years ago.
I must say you do bring up some very valid points in honda's lack of true sports cars and the conquest was and still is a beast, but as you said when modified/street cars are the topic, you should give credit where it is due to the actual car enthusiasts who drive these underpowered groccery getter machines and turn them into beautiful, fast cars.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:55 PM
White as night.

edit: errrrrr
Old 06-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Your Garage

i dont like civics either but shit.. is it lonely on your pedestal?

Old 06-08-2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by DC3328
i dont like civics either but shit.. is it lonely on your pedestal?

This guy is fuckin jay leno himself over here...we're all inferior in automotive intellect. hahaha
Old 06-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Racer

This guy is fuckin jay leno himself over here...we're all inferior in automotive intellect. hahaha
Actually there's a few people up here on this pedistal called wisdom and experience that I stand upon. However, I'm sure you and the rest of the teletubies crowd that's under 21 are falling all over themselves in the wet behind the ears basement.

I'm pretty sure there are people in my age category on this discussion board that are laughing at the finite knowledge some of you children possess yet try to front like you're in the know but they don't bother to put you in your place in order to keep the peace. Nevertheless, from time to time, someone that really does know about cars and has personal experience instead of heresay or what you read in a magazine or a book needs to skool you.

You see, it actually helps to have actually been there instead of making up shit off the top of your head, so you won't make up stupid shit like: "The Conquest TSI was a great SLEEPER CAR."

Back then most foreign cars were rolling on 13 inch wheels, some rolled on 14 inch wheels and barely even a dimple for fenders. Even the 300ZX and the RX-7 were rolling fairly modestly back then. Then only cars that had any kind of aggressive styling and were fairly common back then was the Porsche 944 turbo and the 911, So when you rolled up to a TSI with 16 inch wheels, low profile tires and flaired fenders all the way around--even if you didn't know shit about cars the last thing on your mind was the possibility of a TSI being a "sleeper car."

The reason why I'm not going to give a Honda Civic street cred is because it was, is, and always will be a slow, boring, point A to point B, mundane car. You give street cred to cars that are capable, the keyword being capable, of commanding some respect right off of the showroom floor. Cars like the 240SX, Integra, Prelude (last generation), BMW 3 series, Scirocco, Corrado, Jetta, and of course the 300ZX (twin turbo) Supra so on and so forth.

You see, the whole point to having a car roll off of the showroom floor with capability is so that you can simply go to your neighborhood aftermarket shop and drop a few items under the hood and kick ass right away. Fuck all this scavenger hunt/easter egg hut shit where you have to FIND a J22 or an F22 or what the fuck ever, build it from the ground up and then STILL blow that shit and have to start all over. The key is to have a car that already has a good platform to deal with. So stop your crying and live longer. Maybe you'll learn something instead of thinking "The Honda Scene" is where it's at.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Racer

Now you bitches can stop crying. Lock this shit all you want.

Quick Reply: A B16 embarassed me last night