B!tch Ran A Red Light.............

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003 | 08:31 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bitch Ran A Red Light.............

Damn women drivers..........Some little 19 year old girl ran a red light and......well, the pictures speak for themselves!

DAMN!!!!!
Old 10-05-2003 | 08:34 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bitch Ran A Red Light.............

Originally posted by Quick Silver
Damn women drivers..........Some little 19 year old girl ran a red light and......well, the pictures speak for themselves!

DAMN!!!!!
Damn I feel your pain, i got my front messed up a few months ago. At least i got a new bumper and hood out of it. Then i did the 3m clear bra so it wasn't so bad. Hang in their Bro
Old 10-05-2003 | 08:34 PM
Suzuka Master

OUCH! sorry to see that! Hope you are ok?
did your airbags deploy?? If not then you probably have about $3000 worth of damages.

sidemarker
Old 10-05-2003 | 08:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damb dude, thats about how bad my car was in my recent accident.

$6k to fix But it was an awesome body shop... paint looks tits! matches perfectly.
Old 10-05-2003 | 08:46 PM
Pro

this is my second front end collision, and for some reason, the air bags didn't deploy either time. Last time, i had to have my bumber and quater-panel replaced, half the car painted, and my body shop charged the insurance 7K (very expensive shop, and they covered my deductible). This time, both quarter-panels are gone, bumper and hood need to be replace, radiator replaced, and some stuff moved into the engine! But the part that is bad that I cant open the hood (tried several times) and it looks like the frame is bent!

I wonder if they can total it?.....it only takes 70% of the blue book value and its totaled..
Old 10-05-2003 | 08:58 PM
It's not over yet

ouch, sorry bro, my car just got hit about a week ago, not as bad as yours, but i know how u feel.
Old 10-05-2003 | 09:05 PM
///M POWER

fawk man,

sorry bro

is her insurance gonna pay for it??
Old 10-05-2003 | 09:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally posted by darrinb
fawk man,

sorry bro

is her insurance gonna pay for it??

her insurance better pay for it, stupid gal. she's gonna be payin a pretty penny for insurance for the next 5 years! or shall i say her daddy is.

sorry to hear about ur car man.
Old 10-05-2003 | 09:21 PM
Instructor

At this rate the cls is going to be an endangered species!
your's is definately uglier than mine. No structural damage on mine just flesh wounds
Old 10-05-2003 | 09:42 PM
Kabachitare!

I hope that young twerp has insurance. Did she give any excuses or did she fess up right away?
Old 10-05-2003 | 10:18 PM
Retired. Not available.

was there a police report? I hope there was. Otherwise, you will have a hard time.
Old 10-06-2003 | 12:45 AM
Pro

Originally posted by SilverKnight
was there a police report? I hope there was. Otherwise, you will have a hard time.

well, there was not police report made. I called the police because I was thinking the exact same thing, but they refused to come out because nobody was injured. I have faked injuries in the past just for that reason, but she started crying and I didn't feel like being a dick!

But i grabbed my trusty digital camera and tooks pics of where we collided (skid marks) that proove she was at fault. took pics of her car so that no "new damage" pops up (done that too:pfawk: :pfawk: ) pops up unexpectedly. I just want it fixed to new, or salvaged so that i can get something else. I refuse to drive a car that doesn't drive or feel right.......I know it sounds a little funny, but I have to trust the car I drive...100%.

Now, i have a question for you guys: How do i find out if my airbags are faulty? What if I was at a faster speed and really need them to deploy. I mean i hit her car staight on, right where the sensors are supposed to be. You guys thing there is some chance of getting something out of honda/acura in the case they are faulty?
Old 10-06-2003 | 12:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
that sucks.

i think it can be repaired to good as new though. make sure a reputable shop does the work.
Old 10-06-2003 | 01:47 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
I can tell you from working as an EMT that airbags deploy a LOT less frequently than people think. Maybe in older cars they were blow happy, but newer ones (by newer I mean like ~1997+) are smarter.
By looking at the damage, you probably weren't going that fast. The angle of the hit also makes a difference in the computer determining wheter to deploy or not. They're built not to deploy on collisions like these.
Remember the airbag is a supplemental restraint system. They're meant to supplement the primary restraint system - Seatbelts! If the computer sees you got the seatbelts on and it thinks the seatbelts can handle it, it won't deploy a bag of air at 200 mph towards your face since it may do more harm that good.

Plus remember our cars have the dual stage airbags, which are even smarter. If they sense you're a smaller person, they may even delay deploying even more.

Ask yourself: Did I break some teeth with the steering wheel in the accident? If yes, then there's something wrong with your airbag and they should have deployed. If not, and all you have is a little shoulder pain from the seatbelt, then your car probably just saved you a few thousand dollars
Old 10-06-2003 | 02:59 AM
Banned

wow........sorry about your car, but glad to see you're alright. and since when do police not come to the scene of an accident, what kinda shit is that?
Old 10-06-2003 | 04:01 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally posted by Katana18
wow........sorry about your car, but glad to see you're alright. and since when do police not come to the scene of an accident, what kinda shit is that?
I was thinkin' the same thing.

Police always come to accidents.

At least in PA they do.
Old 10-06-2003 | 04:05 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Red-CL
I was thinkin' the same thing.

Police always come to accidents.

At least in PA they do.
Not true. Only for an injury or if a car needs to be towed.

SAD, but true. They’re too busy doing “important” things that generate funds for the state like giving speeding tickets.

Shawn S
Old 10-06-2003 | 05:29 AM
///M POWER

Originally posted by Shawn S
Not true. Only for an injury or if a car needs to be towed.

SAD, but true. They’re too busy doing “important” things that generate funds for the state like giving speeding tickets.

Shawn S
theress no dunkin donuts in PA??
Old 10-06-2003 | 05:48 AM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by darrinb
theress no dunkin donuts in PA??
There is one thats still around this area its part of a baskin robins icecream joint
Old 10-06-2003 | 05:51 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally posted by spdy0001
There is one thats still around this area its part of a baskin robins icecream joint
They're all over where I live.
Old 10-06-2003 | 06:32 AM
Masshole

Originally posted by einsatz
I can tell you from working as an EMT that airbags deploy a LOT less frequently than people think. Maybe in older cars they were blow happy, but newer ones (by newer I mean like ~1997+) are smarter.
By looking at the damage, you probably weren't going that fast. The angle of the hit also makes a difference in the computer determining wheter to deploy or not. They're built not to deploy on collisions like these.
Remember the airbag is a supplemental restraint system. They're meant to supplement the primary restraint system - Seatbelts! If the computer sees you got the seatbelts on and it thinks the seatbelts can handle it, it won't deploy a bag of air at 200 mph towards your face since it may do more harm that good.

Plus remember our cars have the dual stage airbags, which are even smarter. If they sense you're a smaller person, they may even delay deploying even more.

Ask yourself: Did I break some teeth with the steering wheel in the accident? If yes, then there's something wrong with your airbag and they should have deployed. If not, and all you have is a little shoulder pain from the seatbelt, then your car probably just saved you a few thousand dollars
Good info for folks to hear.

BTW, sorry to hear about your car, Quick Silver.
Old 10-06-2003 | 07:40 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally posted by Quick Silver
well, there was not police report made. I called the police because I was thinking the exact same thing, but they refused to come out because nobody was injured. I have faked injuries in the past just for that reason, but she started crying and I didn't feel like being a dick!

But i grabbed my trusty digital camera and tooks pics of where we collided (skid marks) that proove she was at fault. took pics of her car so that no "new damage" pops up (done that too:pfawk: :pfawk: ) pops up unexpectedly. I just want it fixed to new, or salvaged so that i can get something else. I refuse to drive a car that doesn't drive or feel right.......I know it sounds a little funny, but I have to trust the car I drive...100%.

Now, i have a question for you guys: How do i find out if my airbags are faulty? What if I was at a faster speed and really need them to deploy. I mean i hit her car staight on, right where the sensors are supposed to be. You guys thing there is some chance of getting something out of honda/acura in the case they are faulty?
No, I got hit head on at 50 to 60 mph and the airbags didnt deploy. This happens all the time with honda/acuras. They will say it is the angle of impact that didnt set it off.
Old 10-06-2003 | 07:48 AM
Banned

damn bro, that REALLY sucks. my bros CL look exactly the same (he got hit by one of those little garbage golf cart things that go into your driveways). 9k damage and looked the same. it was a real nice autobody shop.
question: if something like that happens, can you charge the person to paint your grille and clear your headlights, etc, etc? or no, bc its not insured, right?
Old 10-06-2003 | 08:44 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fucking twat.

What was she driving when she hit ya?

You'll have that car back looking brand new in no time.
Old 10-06-2003 | 01:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Well, I was going to say a lot, but I probably shouldn't due to my current situation. I will say this though, get a few people to evaluate it before you proceed. Also, after the initial tear down, before you give authorization to proceed on the repair, I'd run it by another shop.
Old 10-06-2003 | 02:09 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

that sucks kill that bitch
Old 10-06-2003 | 02:44 PM
Pro

Originally posted by VTEC Animal
Well, I was going to say a lot, but I probably shouldn't due to my current situation. I will say this though, get a few people to evaluate it before you proceed. Also, after the initial tear down, before you give authorization to proceed on the repair, I'd run it by another shop.
Why would I take it to another shop? I have been going to this shop for over 6 years (twice with the CL and many times with previous cars), and the owner of the shop is my father's friend. He mainly does high end cars (porsche, ferrari, lotus, austin martin) and is one of the best around. After he repairs a car, you would never be able to tell that a car has been in an accident I have never had to pay a dollar of my $1000 deductible, and since insurance is paying.....i could care less what he charges. Hopefully he will be able to make it a total loss!
Old 10-06-2003 | 02:46 PM
Pro

Originally posted by pimpscls
that sucks kill that bitch
too easy.........for her!
Old 10-06-2003 | 05:27 PM
Pro

just got a call from the shop.....12k in repairs. The shop said he is going to see if he can add another couple grand, so that its a total for sure.
Old 10-06-2003 | 05:33 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
was she hot?

if she was proposition her :P lol

honestly, sorry 2 see this happen, I hope every thing works out
Old 10-06-2003 | 05:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

its not only teenage drivers, but moterfucking senior citizens. fuck them stupid shits dont even know they did something wrong.
it just stuns me how clueless they are.
Old 10-06-2003 | 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

OMFG ouch.. this sux man hope your okay
Old 10-06-2003 | 07:06 PM
Advanced

ohh the pain!! i got hit by a woman comeing out of a stop sign side road~ lost my accord... but now I'm part of the CL family! =D
Totaled my accord, damn I loved that car~ it was my baby. But now i got my White Tenshi to play with
Old 10-07-2003 | 09:52 AM
Race Director

Did you say a 91-year old lady who shouldn't have been driving and who shouldn't have a driver's license and who is a menace to society hit you? Or with it a 19-year old c*unt?

me too: "honestly, sorry 2 see this happen, I hope every thing works out" said unsure.
Old 10-07-2003 | 11:57 AM
Drifting

sorry man some people just don't know how to drive.
Old 10-07-2003 | 01:16 PM
A-CL Fanatic

dang man, cars just ain't built the way they used to be. I did about 12 jumps with a 75 lincoln this weekend, and there was barely any damage to it at all (pics soon)
Old 10-07-2003 | 02:02 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by brian6speed
No, I got hit head on at 50 to 60 mph and the airbags didnt deploy. This happens all the time with honda/acuras. They will say it is the angle of impact that didnt set it off.
Could have been worse. Hate to see shit like that happen!

I hit the wall in my cls at about 75 and nothing. Then when I hit the other gaurd rail the side airbag deployed. Something is fishy here.
Old 10-07-2003 | 04:28 PM
go like hell

Originally posted by asloudasitgets
its not only teenage drivers, but moterfucking senior citizens. fuck them stupid shits dont even know they did something wrong.
it just stuns me how clueless they are.
I agree with that.
around here they'll pull out in front of you and do 35 in a 55. I'm like okay if your gonna pull out in front of me. get on the gas atleast.
then they'll be like a TON of space behind you to pull out.
or they'll be on interstate(at least around here) and I about went crazy on this old timer. we were going around the semi in the passing lane and he was running 60-62 about(i run 70-72 on interstate) so I admit i was up on his rear bumper. but he wouldn't get over(and there was no cars to the right). I flip my lights(meaning please get over)he (on I-75) LOCKS UP HIS BRAKES(I'm not talking light slow down i'm talking smoke rolling off the tires slide) there's 3-4 cars behind me slideing i'm thinking HOLY SH!T this is gonna be a mess. I see the guy behind me flipping me off, I'm flipping off the old timer. It was crazy.