B-pipe Install / Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,459 Posts
B-pipe Install / Impressions

Had the blower (CLS-6) installed in Jan. of this year by the folks at Speed Distributors. (Who have since closed their doors for business ) Anyway, I've put 10K miles on the S/C unit and have only had one problem. The blower pulley and the HBP were slightly out of alignment and the belt was jumping during cold starts. Once I understood the problem, it was a simple fix to align them properly.

After reading all of the various discussions here at ACL.com, I decided to optimize the power provided by the S/C by opening up exhaust flow and finally purchased the Comptech B-pipe. Thanks & rep points to Josh at 'Excelerate' for his group buy pricing, great customer service, and prompt shipment.

Installed the B-pipe today & it was very easy. It took me a couple of hours all together because of the intermittant rain showers still rolling through from Hurricane Katrina, but I got it done.

Started the car & it sounded sweet. The sound was just a little deeper in tone but not to crazy. The test drive was fun. Immediately, I felt a noticably improved smooth consistent pull that just was not there with the restictive stock set-up. It's hard to expain; however, it was exactly what I needed to help maximize performance in the hellish temps here in S. Florida.
Peace
Old 08-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool man. i'm getting ready to install my s/c. i headers but i decided to wait on the b-pipe. i'll probably end up getting it though. do you have stock axle backs? i want to keep mine stock, b/c i like the way the stock tips look through the bumper.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:02 PM
9.5 lbs o' Boost!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just put my B-pipe on as well. The car seems to rev a little faster to me but other then that, not to much of noticable power. it souds great though. do you have axle backs?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,459 Posts
I kept the stock mufflers for the same reason you stated. A friend of mine had bought the catback kit from Comptech for his 03 TLS and he stated that the sound at cruising highway speeds tended to get on his nerves. I told him it could not be that bad . We went for a ride and it did have a tendancy to 'drone'. He ended up selling the Comptech cans on ebay and put his stock mufflers back on. The highway cruise sound lessened to his liking and all is well.
That's the route I decided to take. It's all about personal preferences. Although my car sounds just a little deeper then his because of the S/C'er, I'm not as particular and saved a few bucks at the same time.