Autovation.net CL Type S Aluminum Pedal Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Riders on the Storm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright guys i finally got them on. it took 4 drill bits (3 shattered), new screws ( the ones they sent were too short) and a lot of patience.

the kick plate was easy, used 3 self tap screws and it's good.

the gas pedal was too curved, but w/ a little mickey mousing and somemore self tapping screws (that weren't provided) they went in without a hitch. i just measured the top of it with the top of the stock superglued and drilled.

the brake pedal was a bitch. 3 bits shattered on me, and the holes had to be put into the upper and lower grooves of the stock brake pedal (after removing the rubber of course) in order to center the aluminum cover. again i centered it after aligning the top of the cover w/ the top of the aluminum pedal. i superglued it on, and used a 1/8" drill bit to make markers. removed the pedal and used the 1/8" bit to make pilot holes. then i moved the bit size up one by one until i got the 3/16" bit. i had to buy new screws since the hole placement made the screws/nuts included worthless. i bought #8-32*3/4" screws from home depot (flat head slotted, machine) and used the nuts that came with the pedals to secure them in place.

the bottom 2 screws/nuts were flush and fit perfectly. the top 2 (due to the poor curve of the aluminum pedal) are not perfectly flush with the pedal but isn't noticable until your get a flashlight and stare at it.

anyways sorry no pics b/c no camera, but they look beautiful and turned out better than i thought they would.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:35 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TLHASTZ
alright guys i finally got them on. it took 4 drill bits (3 shattered), new screws ( the ones they sent were too short) and a lot of patience.

the kick plate was easy, used 3 self tap screws and it's good.

the gas pedal was too curved, but w/ a little mickey mousing and somemore self tapping screws (that weren't provided) they went in without a hitch. i just measured the top of it with the top of the stock superglued and drilled.

the brake pedal was a bitch. 3 bits shattered on me, and the holes had to be put into the upper and lower grooves of the stock brake pedal (after removing the rubber of course) in order to center the aluminum cover. again i centered it after aligning the top of the cover w/ the top of the aluminum pedal. i superglued it on, and used a 1/8" drill bit to make markers. removed the pedal and used the 1/8" bit to make pilot holes. then i moved the bit size up one by one until i got the 3/16" bit. i had to buy new screws since the hole placement made the screws/nuts included worthless. i bought #8-32*3/4" screws from home depot (flat head slotted, machine) and used the nuts that came with the pedals to secure them in place.

the bottom 2 screws/nuts were flush and fit perfectly. the top 2 (due to the poor curve of the aluminum pedal) are not perfectly flush with the pedal but isn't noticable until your get a flashlight and stare at it.

anyways sorry no pics b/c no camera, but they look beautiful and turned out better than i thought they would.
Are you using CL pedal covers on the TL? Has anyone compared the two car's pedals to see if they are the same?

FWIW, I didn't drill at all for the dead pedal or accelerator pedal. I let the self-tapping screws self tap.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:21 AM
Riders on the Storm

No, even though i got the TL in my screen name, i own an '03 CL-S

Yeah i didn't drill for the kick plate or the accelerator pedal either, only the brake.

i used the 3 self tapping screws for the kick plate, and i had to get 3 of my own for the gas pedal.

the brake pedal was the onl thing i had to drill
Old 09-17-2003, 06:38 AM
Riders on the Storm

has anybody been able to get a hold of the guys from autovation?
i have tried to e-mail them through their website 3 times and all 3 were not mailed out for some odd reason (that has never happened to me before). i just got some "postmaster reply" saying that there was some error.

I tried to e-mail jeff over there (i got the tracking number from him and luckily i saved that e-mail) so we will see what happens. If anyone has a phone number over there i would appriciate it because i really wouldlike to get in contact with those guys.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

i imagine the gas pedal is the same in the auto and six speed or very similar and yea its not curved, i used the self tappers on that too, is that not what your supposed to do, and i just 3m taped on my dead pedal
Old 09-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Where is my super sauce?

has anybody been able to get a hold of the guys from autovation?
i have tried to e-mail them through their website 3 times and all 3 were not mailed out for some odd reason (that has never happened to me before). i just got some "postmaster reply" saying that there was some error.

I tried to e-mail jeff over there (i got the tracking number from him and luckily i saved that e-mail) so we will see what happens. If anyone has a phone number over there i would appriciate it because i really wouldlike to get in contact with those guys.
They have responded to all my emails, usually late at night (east coast). Try sales@autovation.net or js@autovation.net. The Nopi event was scheduled for this weekend in Atlanta and they're participating (if it's still happening). Also, keep in mind they're located in South Carolina and may be a little busy with the weather.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Audi S4 driver

Just finished my auto pedal install.

As you said TLHASTZ, the four alan key bolts were a little too short. I went to the hardware store and got ones that were a little longer. Didnt break any drill bits this time. I just used Goop and two clamps to glue it in place, then drilled the holes, periodically spraying the bit with WD40 to keep it cool. other than that it pretty much went as planned. The longer screws dont exactly match the ones I was supposed to use though.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Riders on the Storm

Blader, glad to hear it worked, i wish i could have found some longer screws like the allen wrench sytle they sent cause those look nice, but i got flathead screws, whatever their match and they work.

I finally got a hold of Jeff from autovation, i guess something was up with their webiste link to their e-mail. anyways he asked me to take pics for what was wrong but i don't have and don't have access to a digicam that i know of. i suggested that they add more self tapping screws and longer screw/nut sets. i haven't heard anything back yet though.

anyways i took my baby out for a ride today, she ran great and the pedals were fine.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Cruisin'

issues?

Blader, glad to hear it worked, i wish i could have found some longer screws like the allen wrench sytle they sent cause those look nice, but i got flathead screws, whatever their match and they work.

I finally got a hold of Jeff from autovation, i guess something was up with their webiste link to their e-mail. anyways he asked me to take pics for what was wrong but i don't have and don't have access to a digicam that i know of. i suggested that they add more self tapping screws and longer screw/nut sets. i haven't heard anything back yet though.

anyways i took my baby out for a ride today, she ran great and the pedals were fine.
I know this was a long time ago but I just wanted to make sure you got with Jeff. If anyone else has any issues please let me know via jw@autovation.net

We can still offer these at: CL Racing Pedal GB
Old 10-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Just mine installed!
Old 10-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Me too!

Old 10-20-2003, 05:04 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by Chaptorial
Me too!

I like. I might get a set.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Me too!
Hey all right Chaptorial! Nice way to represent for al us Emanuales!
Old 10-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by MtBikR
Hey all right Chaptorial! Nice way to represent for al us Emanuales!
Damn right those 3 pedal bastards get way to much attention.

Old 10-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Bulldog01
I like. I might get a set.
Bulldog you should definitely pick one up. They're great quality and the gas pedal is actually an improvement as there's more surface area for your foot. I even felt a difference the first time I drove with them on.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Cruisin'

These also fit TL ...

For those who asked, our CL pedals also fit the TL.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Re: These also fit TL ...

Originally posted by autovation
For those who asked, our CL pedals also fit the TL.
Good, b/c I bought them a while ago hoping that was the case Didn't install them yet though... waiting until spring
Old 11-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Re: These also fit TL ...

Originally posted by juniorbean
Good, b/c I bought them a while ago hoping that was the case Didn't install them yet though... waiting until spring
We're also coming out with the e-Brake pedal for the CL and TL. It's being tested now.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: Re: These also fit TL ...

We're also coming out with the e-Brake pedal for the CL and TL. It's being tested now.
Sweet. If it looks good i'll be first in line for that.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:01 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Hey guys, I looked @ the installation and its gonna suck ASS. I would do it myself but i'm not eqipped with all tht stuff and will end uip breaking something. You know anywhere i can go and get them installed for me?! e-mail me @ VeeralS05@hotmail.com
Old 12-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally posted by VeeralS05
Hey guys, I looked @ the installation and its gonna suck ASS. I would do it myself but i'm not eqipped with all tht stuff and will end uip breaking something. You know anywhere i can go and get them installed for me?! e-mail me @ VeeralS05@hotmail.com
Hmmm. It should be easy. Pretty much anyone with a tool kit should be able to install it. Find a friend. I suppose you can take it to a garage or dealer, but they'll probably ream you with the install charge.

You need a drill, the appropriate bits, a small rachet (or *gasp* pliers), an Allen wrench set, and a screwdriver.

Short version of directions are:
Drill some holes.
Mount covers with bolts or screws.
Tighty righty; lefty loosie.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:40 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: Re: These also fit TL ...

Any updates on this?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: These also fit TL ...

Any updates on this?
I just got my manual set, and they gave me the e-brake pedal even thou i dont have it, so it has to be done i have 1. I wanna install these, just not sure if i wanna do it in this 15 degree weather outside. I dont have a garge to work in.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Race Director

Oh so the e-brake pedal is out now? Can you post pics man?
Old 01-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Lone Wolf

Oh so the e-brake pedal is out now? Can you post pics man?
Im installing the pedals right now. Taking a break. Arms get kinda cramped workin down there. And im hungry. I will take pictures of the e brake and my install and put em up later. They made sure they gave me enough bolts. I must have atleast 12.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Race Director

Cool deal thanks man.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Lone Wolf

Here are the pics of my pedals and the e-brkae pedal.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288078429
Old 01-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Not Asian

If you have a six speed, why did they give you an e-brake pedal?

Any autos have one installed?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Lone Wolf

Originally posted by phipark
If you have a six speed, why did they give you an e-brake pedal?

Any autos have one installed?
You asking me, cause i wouldnt know. Must just be a mistake, or they assume all 2nd gen cls have that same pedal.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Race Director

Thanks for posting the pics. That e-brake one looks pretty cool and would complete the set very nicely. Are you gonna mount it to the e-brake handle?
Old 01-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Lone Wolf

Thanks for posting the pics. That e-brake one looks pretty cool and would complete the set very nicely. Are you gonna mount it to the e-brake handle?
Heh yea hmmm where could i put it. Actually i used it as a test piece to sand and see if i could get any of those router marks down. The sanding actually made it worse and very shiny. It took me a while to do the install, but everyhting went pretty smooth, and i think the pedals look great. I took it for a ride last night, and i like the feel. It is easier to blip the accelorator, and i get alot more grip. I used to always have my wet shoes slip off the pedals, but it wont happen with these. Oh and i really like the feel without the rubber cushions. Just feels more sporty.